Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1260

Thread: Arise Galway East..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Question for my fellow Galway East brethern.

Does anyone know how many homes Colm Keaveney owns?

Is it more or less than 1?
    I was happily unaware of Mr Keaveney until tonight. Then I turned my radio on and my mood deteriorated.

He was on Late Debate seemingly reading, in to my, perhaps untutored ear, in a stilted manner, alternatively between Labour Party press releases and a thesaurus.
    To me, he sounded like he had nearly as much of a credibility by pass as Enda Kenny. He can read words but are they coming from his informed intellect, or what he is told? Does he understand economics?

My main takeaway from this young fella's performance was that in true Stalinist / Stickie style that the Labour party seemingly cares about published numbers / optics. not about economic reality. Maybe he should watch Man of Marble or Man of Steel?

Is Former Comrade Gilmore of the Galway Republican Clubs (or whatever, I'm sure entirely legitimate, organisation he told Finucane he joined) happily telling us about potential investments from selling the family silver for what in reality amount to what appears to some of us the poor relation toJack's bag of magic beans.

So is the game Baldy Noonan and Young Vlad get excited about privatisation, That former Comrade Gilmore (to the Sound of: the North Korean People's chorus / the T34 waltz / the song of the heroic lettuce canner / the Special Branch bugging UCG), tries to reinvest certain procceeds (over an extended time period) but in reality the cash proceeds are used, smoke & mirror like, to deflate our credit metrics?

I.e. We sell important assets cheap and plant the proceeds with the über talented Richie Boucher and chums?

Meanwhile some young fellas in blue shirts try to provide oxygen to Enda Kenny's brain.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Connaugh Tribune, informs us this week that there could be big trouble in East Galway and Roscommon new constituencies for Fine Gael next election,
    Out of 4 seats at present they could just end up with one, The former boss of the PDs Mr Cannon.

What a change. No Connaughton at last, The big winner this time is Denis Naughton, that is provided he stays Independent
    It will be a fight between himself and Ming to head the poll.

Fianna Fail stand a good chance of regaining a seat here,provided they only run one candidate.

If this government were to last the full term Sinn Fein could be in with a chance here, The election may come too soon for them,

Frank Feighan does not appear to be popular any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Turdsi: on a point of information: this will be a new constituency with how many seats? You say "at present" and then you talk about the "future" constituency. Can you clarify?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cogar View Post
    Turdsi: on a point of information: this will be a new constituency with how many seats? You say "at present" and then you talk about the "future" constituency. Can you clarify?
    The changes mean that Galway East is going from a four seater to a three.

The new constituency will be the Galway -Roscommon constituency.

it will still have three seats,

The main change is that an area from clontuskert outside Ballinasloe down to Dunmore.
    is going in with Roscommon. Ballinasloe will no longer be in east Galway

The opinion is that this area is a big loss to Connaughton

and a help to Naughton who is originally from Drum
    just a few miles on the Eastern side of Ballinasloe.
    Last edited by turdsl; 25th August 2012 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The new one will have 3 seats and the old one had 4. So instead of have 2 out of 4 FG will have 1 out of 3. That's the prediction. And the size of the Dail is reduced. Wow! Earth shattering - end of life as we know it! Not the end of the world for FG - I think you would agree! That's the way it goes when constituencies are changed and the size of the Dail is reduced! Fg in the national opinion polls has hardly changed since the GE.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I accept opinion polls have not changed, still they could be down one in Galway East

They will find it hard to get someone to stand in Roscommon never mind win a seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    I accept opinion polls have not changed, still they could be down one in Galway East

They will find it hard to get someone to stand in Roscommon never mind win a seat.
    I do hope Frank stands again in the next election, I have a few questions for him that he needs to answer.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You heard it here first lads.

FG will find it difficult to 'get someone to stand' in Roscommon.

What did you hear first here, lads?

Utter half-baked bullsh1t is what you heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great predicting from a long way out.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Saw where Mark Killilea died this afternoon. An influential man in his day, on both sides of the Galway boundary.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.
    History will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.