Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 251

Thread: Beverley Cooper Flynn to Quit Politics

  1. #241
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I thought the Ff 'class act' has a two-star chipper in the south of Spain to look after.

    She is/was selling ice cream cones and the husband 'cooking' the burgers.

    Can't yeh just hear her: 'Get the last of the choc ices ! A Euro fifty the small ones, but two for two fifty. Tell Mammy and Daddy, the Castlebar 'class act' is now in the 'food business' and she served yeh ! '

    It makes a change from selling Clerical Medical, I suppose.

    Still, not withstanding her penchant for expensive handbags, if Daddy and the husband can't or won't give her 1.6 million Euro to cover the costs of the Charlie Bird case that she lost, a gal has got to earn some money in any way she can.

    Still, an awful lot of ice creams and burgers have to be sold to meet the court legal costs.

    Another fine Ff mess !
    Last edited by Warren Poynt; 9th December 2013 at 01:31 AM.

  2. #242
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Poynt View Post
    I thought the Ff 'class act' has a two-star chipper in the south of Spain to look after.

    She is/was selling ice cream cones and the husband 'cooking' the burgers.

    Can't yeh just hear her: 'Get the last of the choc ices ! A Euro fifty the small ones, but two for two fifty. Tell Mammy and Daddy, the Castlebar 'class act' is now in the 'food business' and she served yeh ! '

    It makes a change from selling Clerical Medical, I suppose.

    Still, not withstanding her penchant for expensive handbags, if Daddy and the husband can't or won't give her 1.6 million Euro to cover the costs of the Charlie Bird case that she lost, a gal has got to earn some money in any way she can.

    Still, an awful lot of ice creams and burgers have to be sold to meet the court legal costs.

    Another fine Ff mess !


    This type of business is to cater for the tourists or part-time residents not for the local Spanish.

    Cannot see the locals allowing Beverley/Tony muscle in on their patch.

    Guess Tony must own that villa where the Daily Mail doorstepped Pee and the lovely Dorothy about 12 months ago as they strolled around the seafront, guess Nama will be having a look at the building.

    RTE should be forced to make a statement on Beverley's deal, has she complied to it, is it paid off or on the never never, if the deal is not adhered to, is the deal then cancelled and she has to pay back the full amount, not that it matters very much now.

  3. #243
    Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    15,326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post
    RTE should be forced to make a statement on Beverley's deal, has she complied to it, is it paid off or on the never never, if the deal is not adhered to, is the deal then cancelled and she has to pay back the full amount, not that it matters very much now.
    Obviously you still haven't figured out how this all works.

    No one "forces" RTE to do anything because they control the message. Now they control Bev, so if she ever wants to return to politics they get to play her.

    The fact that it's tax/license payers money is completely inconsequential to anyone involved except, of course, the tax/license payer - but who in the system cares?
    The more things change....

  4. #244
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-30631424.html


    "She now runs her own business, Young Meadow Ltd, which was established in February 2012 and provides childcare services.

    However she has previously admitted that she will spend her life paying off the €1.3m she owes RTE as a result of her failed libel action in 2001".




    Wonder how one of p.ie's favourites is getting on back in Mayo amongst her own people or is she swanning around on Costa Del Sol





    https://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/ro...-326926-boost/


    50k grant for Beverley's outfit.
    Last edited by stanley; 29th August 2018 at 01:56 PM.

  5. #245
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Obviously you still haven't figured out how this all works.

    No one "forces" RTE to do anything because they control the message. Now they control Bev, so if she ever wants to return to politics they get to play her.

    The fact that it's tax/license payers money is completely inconsequential to anyone involved except, of course, the tax/license payer - but who in the system cares?


    Bev will not be coming back, some budding politician from Mayo should take up this case and call RTE/Bev out on the "settlement" it will earn votes.

  6. #246
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    class act etc
    OH WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT! NO, WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT! OH WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

  7. #247
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man or Mouse View Post
    That's what's known as "The Flynn Way" of doing things. Enough brass there to make knockers for every door of the officer class of the new Rule Brittania Queen's navee.
    Yes their was another sister who was running a school bus service without the apropiate insurance

    Flynns daughter serves only half of driving ban - Independent.ie

  8. #248
    Politics.ie Member odlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Party Secret
    Posts
    4,104
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    She was a great representative.

    Proof that FF is the party of the self made woman.

    UNLIKE the Blueshirts who have always seen a woman's point of view as the kitchen window.

  9. #249
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Has she died or what? Haven't heard of the chancer in years.

  10. #250
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odlum View Post
    She was a great representative.

    Proof that FF is the party of the self made woman.

    UNLIKE the Blueshirts who have always seen a woman's point of view as the kitchen window.



    She is a dirty, rotten, scheming cant who thinks she is above the Law, time may yet catch up with and she will lose all her ill-gotten gains, some Minister may finally disclose her arrangements with RTE (why should taxpayer's funds be kept secret) and if she has kept to the deal loaded in her favour as sanctioned by Ahern.


    Her point of view was to lord it over all her neighbours and anyone she came in contact with, money and power was /is her God and her knickers came with a heavy price.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •