Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Robinson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Latifa then and now

Am barely proficient with pics but hope it works.

Below link to Guardian TV Review piece dated 06 Dec 2018 from which I copied accompanying pic of Latifa

Escape From Dubai: The Mystery of the Missing Princess review – a shocking tale of complicity and betrayal | Television & radio | The Guardian

Will now try to copy that and recent 'with Mamma Elder' pic - should it not work, anyone who clicks on Guardian link will, I think, agree with the old adage 'a picture tells a thousand words'.

Can't manage the copy and paste thingy - please see for yourselves and should anyone be able to get pic from Guardian up would appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Some good news for a change from this region - the Saudi girl who got as far as Thailand has been granted asylum in Canada. At least some feminists seem to practising what they preach.

Rahaf al-Qunun: Saudi teen granted asylum in Canada - BBC News
    Well done Canada for having the courage to stand up to Saudi thuggery. Good to know that not every country is corrupted by their oil wealth.

Saudi students sell cars, furniture as they are forced to leave Canada - Business Insider
    Palestinians - the battering ram of the Arab world against the Jewish State.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some nice cheery photos from Canada, and some contrast to the horrendous and utterly depressing 'lunch' photo of Robinson and Latifah. This poor girl Rahaf will be in hiding for the rest of her life, but at least she is away from that fascist kip and her religiously psychotic family. This is real human rights in action, and not the dessicated dissembling indulged in by Robinson.

This would be a nice note on which to end this thread. I note Robinson's handful of defenders are no longer posting - even the most tribalist posters (left or right) eventually run out of excuses. She has had a good fortnight to explain what the hell she was doing in the UAE apart from running a very dubious errand for the despotic ruling dynasty. No such explanation has been forthcoming - on the contrary she has refused to even engage with the media on this or anything else. One can only draw one's own conclusions.

Rahaf al-Qunun: Saudi teen refugee arrives in Canada - BBC News

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some nice cheery photos from Canada, and some contrast to the horrendous and utterly depressing 'lunch' photo of Robinson and Latifah. This poor girl Rahaf will be in hiding for the rest of her life, but at least she is away from that fascist kip and her religiously psychotic family. This is real human rights in action, and not the dessicated dissembling indulged in by Robinson.

This would be a nice note on which to end this thread. I note Robinson's handful of defenders are no longer posting - even the most tribalist posters (left or right) eventually run out of excuses. She has had a good fortnight to explain what the hell she was doing in the UAE apart from running a very dubious errand for the despotic ruling dynasty. No such explanation has been forthcoming - on the contrary she has refused to even engage with the media on this or anything else. One can only draw one's own conclusions.

Rahaf al-Qunun: Saudi teen refugee arrives in Canada - BBC News
    Well said , and congratulations to the beautiful young woman who has left the shackles of Islam , may she have a long happy life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just heard about another brave Arab woman, Aliaa Magda, who has escaped oppression in Egypt. Of course she'll have to live in hiding for years to come, if not for the rest of her life, as jihadists roam the western world almost at will.
    15 Jan 2001 -- Fine Gael pledged to end fluoridation because of "serious health concerns".

Dublin-Male-Hetero-ABFF but worried about FGLab
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Clonskeagh connection is very interesting - the Clonskeagh Centre is essentially the Euro HQ of the Muslim Brotherhood, though oddly enough the UAE were heavily support of the coup that deposed Morsi in Egypt in 2013. The Al Maktoum connection certainly helps explain why Irish politicians queue up to visit the place like it was the new Galway tent. While politicians hanging around this crew is explicable in terms of lolly and contracts, why a prominent human rights defender is doing so is harder to explain away.
    Well something that I've wondered at.... marvelled at even, for a long long time. Why the hell is the govt taking in people from all corners of the globe. I pass a converted hotel five days a week where African and gypsy people live. 100 meters away around the corner there are Irish down and outs sitting on the pavement in the cold weather with their paper cups out.
    Irony much?
    Nothing against financially intact tourists from the gulf and elsewhere coming on vacation and I agree that the country also needs technically skilled workers.
    Ireland's mass migration problem in all likelihood has several sides to it.
    Money from oil-rich billionaires from the Gulf states -- and it seems that all the main political parties support migration.
    Missionary zeal on the part of the Imams and Mullahs
    The liberal ideal of granting refuge to everyone and anyone who says the word "Asylum" within the jurisdiction
    The need for cheap unskilled labour
    The need for landlords to pay off the mortgages --- buy-to-lets etc.
    "Well, OK. Fine. As long as it comes with a steady paycheck, I'd believe whatever they wanted me to believe, as the Guy in Ghostbusters said."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It seems that the Thais took away her passport, but she barricaded herself into her hotel-room and refused to come out for her flight back to her execution. Upps! back to her family I mean. She spent her time with her cell-phone getting on to the United Nations high commision for refugees and all her supporters. How many thousand tweets ?
    The Saudis were very nettled with the Thais and told them that they should have confiscated her cell-phone as well as her passport.

No doubt Arab society will introduce measures restricting cell phones to males only in the near future.
    "Well, OK. Fine. As long as it comes with a steady paycheck, I'd believe whatever they wanted me to believe, as the Guy in Ghostbusters said."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She right back to her usual posturing.

Twitter

"Our Chair Mary Robinson considers the grave challenges facing us all in 2019: (link: We must not succumb to fatalism or despair in 2019 | The Elders) theelders.org/news/we-must-n #climatechange #nuclearweapons"
    However, banks know they have a duty of care to their clients and I'm sure that this should prevent them lending irresponsibly.

George Lee 2 June 2006

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She'll sit it out. She'll weather the criticism. Time (and money) are at her disposal.
    Some new scandal will hit the headlines in one week/ in one month. "Pope caught in-shagranti" or some such headline. (in full technicolour).
    The media can only concentrate properly on one scandal at a time.
    And it has a short memory.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schuhart View Post
    She right back to her usual posturing.

Twitter

"Our Chair Mary Robinson considers the grave challenges facing us all in 2019: (link: We must not succumb to fatalism or despair in 2019 | The Elders) theelders.org/news/we-must-n #climatechange #nuclearweapons"
    I suppose when you've a planet to save it's hard to get worked up over one endangered woman. Anyway let's hope that Latifah does not 'succumb to fatalism or despair' or even 'dismay', and that she actually survives 2019.