Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Being a skeptic is the Scientific way. Being a Global Warming fundamentalist is not. Most of those who whinge loudest about Climate Change are either making money from it (Al Gore and his Carbon futures, Mary Robinson and her foundation and book) or idiotic true believers with no background in STEM.
    Ann McElhinney and Phelim McAleer

are not from a stem background either
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shpake View Post
    Where were the Hijabs and Niquabs and such?
    I don't get that vibe out of it. This more Hello magazine than anything else. Robbo's pal, the variously described third, fourth or sixth wife, doesn't seem to cover her hair. Maybe she's the presentable wife, fit for that front page glossy story "Princess Haya Visits Ascot For The Gold Cup And Speaks Out For Climate Justice And An End To Childhood Obesity".

Anyway, our own Supreme SJW is inflating her bubble for 2019
    Never too young to lead, never too old to learn | Presentation Sisters Union North East Ireland
    We must not succumb to fatalism or despair in 2019 | The Elders

In conclusion

Mary Robinson said:

“<...> We need to puncture the vanity and delusions of those leaders – mostly men, it must be noted – who believe that individual nations can shape the global order to their liking through brute force or bullying, without any consideration for human rights or social justice.

<...> including equality for women and girls, <...>

We also need to be vigilant in upholding the values and standards of truth, integrity and decency across public life, including political and media discourse. When powerful men dismiss critical reports as “fake news” and defame independent journalists as “enemies of the people”, this is a mortal threat to all our freedoms which must be vigorously resisted.
    On the other hand, no problem increasing your carbon footprint at the request of one of the multiple wives of a wealthy man. And no need to speak to the media about it, unless you're a man.

Because this matter is terribly private. Apart from the global broadcast of the "assessment" that a named individual is a loon who can't be let out on her own.

Apart from that single fact, its all a private family matter.
    However, banks know they have a duty of care to their clients and I'm sure that this should prevent them lending irresponsibly.

George Lee 2 June 2006

Ziggy

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schuhart View Post
    I don't get that vibe out of it. This more Hello magazine than anything else. Robbo's pal, the variously described third, fourth or sixth wife, doesn't seem to cover her hair. Maybe she's the presentable wife, fit for that front page glossy story "Princess Haya Visits Ascot For The Gold Cup And Speaks Out For Climate Justice And An End To Childhood Obesity".

Anyway, our own Supreme SJW is inflating her bubble for 2019On the other hand, no problem increasing your carbon footprint at the request of one of the multiple wives of a wealthy man. And no need to speak to the media about it, unless you're a man.

Because this matter is terribly private. Apart from the global broadcast of the "assessment" that a named individual is a loon who can't be let out on her own.

Apart from that single fact, its all a private family matter.
    You, Al Gore levels of hypocrisy all over this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Phoenix does comment about this a lot in this week's issue. It also lists the big investments the Al Maktoum family have here: thousands of acres in stud farms, redevelopment of the Curragh, multi-million sponsorship of Irish horse racing, the business Emirates airline brings to Dublin airport, various strongly-related trade missions to Dubai, favourable balance of trade: exports of €1 billion to them compared to imports of €100 million from them. It's no wonder criticism from the media is fairly muted.

The Phoenix also mentions how the family foundation built the Clonskeagh Mosque/Centre and how UAE money still funds it (opened by Robinson herself in 1996). No effort was spared in trying to get the imam of Clonskeagh's son, Ibrahim Halawa, returned (though others like Eanna Cochlain in the Philippines were quietly ignored).

Before this broke, I can't say I was aware of the earlier disappearance of Princess Shamsa. That casts Robinson's involvement here in a much worse light tbh.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    What a feckin culture. Feminists should hang their heads in shame for not declaring this just globally not acceptable. Vegans get upset about the rights of bleeding chickens but very little about this FGM obscenity. Has the UN even denounced it
    What a feckin' pointless rant..........................

Global Issues: Female Genital Mutilation - Feminist Majority Foundation
    http://www.un.org/en/events/femalegenitalmutilationday/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raetsel View Post
    As I suspected- blah-blah tokenism. Thanks for exposing Where are the demonstrations, the threats to future aid, ultimatums etc. Rant? Easy to see there's no threat hanging over your genitalia.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As I suspected- blah-blah tokenism. Thanks for exposing Where are the demonstrations, the threats to future aid, ultimatums etc. Rant? Easy to see there's no threat hanging over your genitalia.
    You rant about feminists and the UN not taking a position on FGM and when I show you that is untrue you dismiss their condemnation of it as tokenism. Oh and for good measure you throw in another one of your obvious bętes noires, the vegans.
    I think you'll find that vegans have no official stand on FGM for the same reason as the NSPCA haven't, or for that matter the IRFU, or the or Rathmines & Rathgar Musical Society. By your logic they are all guilty of complacency on FGM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raetsel View Post
    You rant about feminists and the UN not taking a position on FGM and when I show you that is untrue you dismiss their condemnation of it as tokenism. Oh and for good measure you throw in another one of your obvious bętes noires, the vegans.
    I think you'll find that vegans have no official stand on FGM for the same reason as the NSPCA haven't, or for that matter the IRFU, or the or Rathmines & Rathgar Musical Society. By your logic they are all guilty of complacency on FGM.
    My question was has the UN denounced it. I take it that the and is No then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has Mrs Robinson been asked whether her foundation received money from Dubai?
    Click an ad a day on politics.ie

My question was has the UN denounced it. I take it that the and is No then
    umm
    Zero Tolerance for Female
    Genital Mutilation

Female genital mutilation (FGM) comprises all procedures that involve altering or injuring the female genitalia for non-medical reasons and is recognized internationally as a violation of the human rights of girls and women.
    http://www.un.org/en/events/femalegenitalmutilationday/
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/