Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 347 of 350 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350 LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3494

Thread: So Call Our New Prostitution Law?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Newgrange View Post
    well it is nice to see an adult wishing to be treated like a responsible adult and not patronised by all the namby-pamby do gooders, prudes, militant nut-jobs, and virtue-signalers telling her what she can and cannot do with her own body.
    Dying for an opportunity to ridicule this (posted at my main, Anglo Muslim old lady twitter yesterday by a, presumably, teenage radfem, who made the mistake of assuming that I was the product of a long, but uneventful Anglo Muslim life when I pointed out that it was a fallacy to assume that people who are sure they are innocent of abuse are unable to feel afraid of false accusations) :
    You would have to lead a really sheltered life to hear more false accusations than true ones. Or actual abusers have been telling you about "false" accusations that are actually true ones. Which could happen to someone naive and trusting.
    ...but it isn't so funny when similar attitudes bristle from the only "help" available...obvious choice = AVOID, but then they want you forced to repent of the crime of refusing to accept help...

...and in the first 5 minutes break you get to stand back and take stock you realise that the person who is trying to appoint themselves as your personal, sensei, guru and saviour holds all the opinions they are striving to impose on you because someone else told them to...and they haven't got round to fact checking yet...
    https://mymythbuster.wordpress.com I haven't gone away you know...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I suppose our new prostitution law has eliminated prostitution as a social ill by now...?
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    I suppose our new prostitution law has eliminated prostitution as a social ill by now...?
    Not quite...probably sometime after lunch tomorrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In case you are wondering how Ruhama's effectiveness is monitored and evaluated:
    Ruhama: Request for Tender (Bridge to Work Programme) | activelink
    They pay a contractor €15000 to do it.
    It seems unlikely that the "Bridge to Work" programme is even fully operational, there is absolutely no public information available on how it works (Because they haven't decided yet? Because it involves placements at below the national wage? Other?)
    Ruhama | Work Placement Programme – Bridge to Work
    Bit more information that strongly suggests their "Bridge to Work" program will only be available to anyone who can feign successful indoctrination under their ‘Core’ courses – STEPS and "Shaping Your Future" see:

Words fail me, and not in a good way...
    https://www.esf.ie/en/ImageLibrary/R...rah-Benson.pdf

Also heavy suggestion that their "Bridge to Work" program is aimed at migrant workers:
    • Lack of Irish work experience
    • Low confidence & self-esteem
    • Limited understanding of the job market and Irish standards
    • Lack of networks and supports
    • Level of English Language
    • Cultural differences
    • Mental health issues

I have no problem with offering all the above help to migrant workers, and we can talk about that if you like, but I have a huge problem with all that help for migrant workers being offered as a "Bridge to Work" for sex workers in general and receiving €238, 575 in EU Social funding (see http://eufunding.justice.ie/en/EUFun...2017-09-08.pdf) based on the following premise:
    Building on its Education & Development Programme, Ruhama will design and deliver a Work Placement Programme for 40 women who face high barriers to employment. This project will combine paid work and 4 voluntary placements, in integrated work settings, lasting between 6 – 9 months. The project includes onsite and offsite job support & mentoring from Ruhama. Following placement, women will be assisted to source independent employment. Each placement will belong to Ruhama which facilitates multiple women availing of opportunities to build genuine work experience in preparation for mainstream employment.
    The entry above them show Donegal "People First" get just over twice as much money to assist 400 people in similar (but much less controlling and invasive ways) to get real work with 12 months support.

You couldn't make it up.

As an afterthought I found myself wondering what on earth an organisation founded on the principle of telling sex workers they are not mentally competent to define themselves or make their own decisions could contribute to restoring "low confidence and self esteem" in preparation for the workplace?
    Last edited by Leandrai; 11th October 2018 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The maths is simple, 40 women, funding of 238k, let's say "oversight costs" of 38k

200k/40 = a salary / training fee of 5,000 each?

Or is it "oversight costs of 238,000, and we'll do our best to get you anything we can find"?
    McTell tCurrently, I am missing certain information. That has been requested and will be added as soon as it is available available availableavailable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McTell View Post
    The maths is simple, 40 women, funding of 238k, let's say "oversight costs" of 38k

200k/40 = a salary / training fee of 5,000 each?

Or is it "oversight costs of 238,000, and we'll do our best to get you anything we can find"?
    Could be a compromise...they might spend about 50k getting resources wholesale from People First, 15k on evaluating their own scheme and the remaining 173k on "Raising Awareness" in a variety of 4 star locations around the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Investigators believe the attackers are known to the victim and have links to Romanian organised crime gangs involved in the city's organised prostitution trade.

'Link' between Romanian knife attack in Dublin and forced prostitution 'no great shock' says sex trafficking support group - Irish Mirror

Pimps often network with other pimps. These typically informal partnerships help pimps recruit employees, get intel on new business destinations, monitor law enforcement activity, advertise services, and even get financial help when times get tough.

Pimps also covet relationships with legal businesses.

The “Internet is crushing [the stroll],” said one pimp. “I break every bitch in with the [stroll]. However, I don’t really play the [stroll] as much, since the Internet is way more lucrative.”

The Hustle: Economics of the Underground Sex Industry - Urban Institute

CSECY - LA County DMH

We should redefine the term fcktard as someone who is made stupid by their obsession about sex. Legalising prostitution would embed Eastern European organised crime gangs into our society. They are ruthless, cruel and manipulative filth that need to be eradicated.

The half-wits that don't see them pulling the strings of their vices are a menace, their standing is being used to exploit and corrupt normal society. These gangs lobotomise their clients and turn them into useful idiots for their scams.

The crime organisations are very much behind the legalisation of prostitution. There's a method they use to condition their prostitutes - both women and men. It breaks their spirit and changes them. It's a culture of parasitism.
    "Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caledhel View Post
    Investigators believe the attackers are known to the victim and have links to Romanian organised crime gangs involved in the city's organised prostitution trade.

'Link' between Romanian knife attack in Dublin and forced prostitution 'no great shock' says sex trafficking support group - Irish Mirror

Pimps often network with other pimps. These typically informal partnerships help pimps recruit employees, get intel on new business destinations, monitor law enforcement activity, advertise services, and even get financial help when times get tough.

Pimps also covet relationships with legal businesses.

The “Internet is crushing [the stroll],” said one pimp. “I break every bitch in with the [stroll]. However, I don’t really play the [stroll] as much, since the Internet is way more lucrative.”

The Hustle: Economics of the Underground Sex Industry - Urban Institute

CSECY - LA County DMH

We should redefine the term fcktard as someone who is made stupid by their obsession about sex. Legalising prostitution would embed Eastern European organised crime gangs into our society. They are ruthless, cruel and manipulative filth that need to be eradicated.

The half-wits that don't see them pulling the strings of their vices are a menace, their standing is being used to exploit and corrupt normal society. These gangs lobotomise their clients and turn them into useful idiots for their scams.

The crime organisations are very much behind the legalisation of prostitution. There's a method they use to condition their prostitutes - both women and men. It breaks their spirit and changes them. It's a culture of parasitism.
    I dont agree with you that they are against prohibition. As with alcohol, crime gangs thrive during Prohibition. With legalisation, sex workers could sue their pimps or work independently. In the internet age many do work independently. Besides if your concern is the organised element, then why can't the law differentiate between independent sex workers and pimped ones in terms of criminalisation? And even if sex workers in some instances are forced into the industry (which probably sometimes happens with migrants especially from outside the EU), it doesnt help that the law continues to criminalise them if they work indoors in a group.
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    I dont agree with you that they are against prohibition. As with alcohol, crime gangs thrive during Prohibition. With legalisation, sex workers could sue their pimps or work independently. In the internet age many do work independently. Besides if your concern is the organised element, then why can't the law differentiate between independent sex workers and pimped ones in terms of criminalisation? And even if sex workers in some instances are forced into the industry (which probably sometimes happens with migrants especially from outside the EU), it doesn't help that the law continues to criminalise them if they work indoors in a group.
    I have to disagree with you there. It's a desecration - in fact for one to understand predators first one must understand that this is where they find their sense of exhilaration - in the act of desecration. And it's the predators that dominate in the omerta of the "scene".

There are a lot of newcomers to Ireland that are vulnerable to entrapment by them and naive locals that "just want to be popular". Neither understand the vicious maw they're climbing into or foresee the brutalisation that sees them change into somebody else.

Before we can begin to discuss a relaxation in the laws the crime gangs must be crushed first. Help to do that and we'll see. The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society and it should not be allowed to cloak the criminals that pull the strings.
    "Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You will never 'crush' the gangmasters who exploit prostitution. The only way to do that is to destroy their ability to control the market and that means legalisation, safe places for prostitutes and clients, so that the illegal and underground trade withers and dies.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui