Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Kildare FF councillor resigns after financial irregularities discovered

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will Martin highlight this in the Dail....

how is this guy still a councillor ? Kildare councillor pleads guilty to fraudulently lodging
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    In the same way that Wallace and Lowry are still TD's ?

Last edited by lostexpectation; 6th December 2018 at 02:48 AM.
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    That story was the main one on the front page of, I think, The Mail on Sunday last week. Honestly, you'd think it was another Watergate. Serious as the issue was, there was surely an easy way out at the FF meeting. Allow the guy from whom the text supposedly came to make a statement denying it at the start of the meeting. Then proceed with the selection and let him report the matter to the authorities later.
    But then, this is FF.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    That story was the main one on the front page of, I think, The Mail on Sunday last week. Honestly, you'd think it was another Watergate. Serious as the issue was, there was surely an easy way out at the FF meeting. Allow the guy from whom the text supposedly came to make a statement denying it at the start of the meeting. Then proceed with the selection and let him report the matter to the authorities later.
    But then, this is FF.
    think the Daily Mail was trying to imply the Russians did it

anyway garda investigations are too late he is on the council Kildare County Council - Councillors Athy Municipal District

whoever did it got away with it, do co-option candidates have election agents?

Kildare Fianna Fail fake text message referred to Gardai - Leinster Leader
    “I have reported it to ComReg, the Data Proetection Commissioner; I’ve spoken to the Gardai and am dealing with Fianna Fail about it. Irrelevant of the outcome of the convention, this is about politics and about decency in politics and going forward this could happen again next week to anybody,” he noted.
    Dooley was already the favored candidate having been appointed a local area representative by the party

Kildare Nationalist Four Fianna Fáil candidates seek to fill council seat

“Brian Dooley is from the same cumann as that which proposed Mark Dalton, the same cumann whose members campaigned and canvassed for Mark Dalton, resides and is involved in the same catchment area of Athy and its hinterland. He is very heavily involved in a various of organisations from local GAA to the local Lions Club,” said Michael Foley PRO of the Athy cumann.
    is this right this Michael Foley guy went from IND to FG to FF, he was on Athy Town council ElectionsIreland.org: Michael Foley

Vacant Athy Council seat filled (FF) - Leinster Leader
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 6th December 2018 at 09:44 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456