Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: Whatever happened the Private Kelly "murder" investigation ?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Whatever happened the Private Kelly "murder" investigation ?

    Just over 4 years ago now, the son of Private Patrick Kelly, a soldier shot in Ballinamore Woods in peculiar circumstances, confronted Martin Mc Guinness, who was then the SF candidate in the Presidential election.

    The confrontation caused a bit of a media frenzy at the time, and lead for calls for the investigations in the soldiers death, and that of a young Garda recruit Gary Sheehan.

    Such calls were universally supported at the time.

    But in the four years since, there seems to have been no advance in the investigations whatsoever ?

    One has to wonder why the Justice Establishment has taken so little interest in this, given the deaths of two men who were part of the security forces of the State.

    Or, perhaps there is truth in the rumour which abounded at the time, and has persisted since, that both men were in fact killed be members of the same security forces of which they were a part of, in an incident of "friendly fire", which has been conveniently covered up by blaming the deaths on members of the IRA.

    Isn't it strange how such news stories consistently appear prior to elections, only to disappear again afterwards ?

    So does anyone know.. what happened to this "investigation" ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Just over 4 years ago now, the son of Private Patrick Kelly, a soldier shot in Ballinamore Woods in peculiar circumstances, confronted Martin Mc Guinness, who was then the SF candidate in the Presidential election.

    The confrontation caused a bit of a media frenzy at the time, and lead for calls for the investigations in the soldiers death, and that of a young Garda recruit Gary Sheehan.

    Such calls were universally supported at the time.

    But in the four years since, there seems to have been no advance in the investigations whatsoever ?

    One has to wonder why the Justice Establishment has taken so little interest in this, given the deaths of two men who were part of the security forces of the State.

    Or, perhaps there is truth in the rumour which abounded at the time, and has persisted since, that both men were in fact killed be members of the same security forces of which they were a part of, in an incident of "friendly fire", which has been conveniently covered up by blaming the deaths on members of the IRA.

    Isn't it strange how such news stories consistently appear prior to elections, only to disappear again afterwards ?

    So does anyone know.. what happened to this "investigation" ?
    You seem a bit desperate. Everything ok? Do you need to talk to someone?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilW View Post
    You seem a bit desperate. Everything ok? Do you need to talk to someone?
    Is this not a legitimate question ?

    The story took up a huge amount of time and space in the mainstream and internet media at the time, yet seems to have disappeared since.

    Is there a reason why the killings of not one, but two members of the security forces, allegedly by paramilitaries, does not seem to be investigated ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Bale
    Posts
    8,771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilW View Post
    You seem a bit desperate. Everything ok? Do you need to talk to someone?
    SF are polling at 7-8% in Tipp. He is unhinged.
    We appreciate the move by the Government today and remind ourselves that it is a bail-out by taxpayers for the banks. Pearse Doherty

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    SF are polling at 7-8% in Tipp. He is unhinged.
    What has the question posited in the opening post got to do with an investigation into the killing of two members of the Irish security forces ?

    This was a huge story only four years ago, yet seems to have disappeared off the radar now.

    Would you not like to know what really happened in Derrada Wood that day ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    26,065
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Rock

    To most people now this is something out of the history pages

    It can no effect on their current or future circumstances

    Its an embarrassment to SF and to the Defence Forces + GSA

    - so it is not going to get any traction from them
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Rock

    To most people now this is something out of the history pages

    It can no effect on their current or future circumstances

    Its an embarrassment to SF and to the Defence Forces + GSA

    - so it is not going to get any traction from them
    Not at all... I'd love to know happened.

    I mean, I find it amazing that so many stories like this appear just before elections, and then seem to disappear into the ether afterwards
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Is this not a legitimate question ?

    The story took up a huge amount of time and space in the mainstream and internet media at the time, yet seems to have disappeared since.

    Is there a reason why the killings of not one, but two members of the security forces, allegedly by paramilitaries, does not seem to be investigated ?
    If you really want to know the answer why are you posting the question here?

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Just over 4 years ago now, the son of Private Patrick Kelly, a soldier shot in Ballinamore Woods in peculiar circumstances, confronted Martin Mc Guinness, who was then the SF candidate in the Presidential election.

    The confrontation caused a bit of a media frenzy at the time, and lead for calls for the investigations in the soldiers death, and that of a young Garda recruit Gary Sheehan.

    Such calls were universally supported at the time.

    But in the four years since, there seems to have been no advance in the investigations whatsoever ?

    One has to wonder why the Justice Establishment has taken so little interest in this, given the deaths of two men who were part of the security forces of the State.

    Or, perhaps there is truth in the rumour which abounded at the time, and has persisted since, that both men were in fact killed be members of the same security forces of which they were a part of, in an incident of "friendly fire", which has been conveniently covered up by blaming the deaths on members of the IRA.

    Isn't it strange how such news stories consistently appear prior to elections, only to disappear again afterwards ?

    So does anyone know.. what happened to this "investigation" ?
    Will you be quite! It may ring a few bells in the Establishment, and some SF candidate may be arrested for the 6 one news this evening.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member diaspora-mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Rock

    To most people now this is something out of the history pages

    It can no effect on their current or future circumstances

    Its an embarrassment to SF and to the Defence Forces + GSA

    - so it is not going to get any traction from them
    Are you suggesting that there is "collusion" between the Shinners and the security forces on this one ?
    Surely time for an official inquiry. There are a lot of lean barristers about these days ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •