Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-thinking Asylum

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reg11 View Post
    You don't know if they are going to pour in here after Brexit or if they'd even want to. Even if they attempt to do so there are laws to deal with that. Some people are always grasping onto the idea of the floodgates opening but it never seems to happen.

Would you call the Irish emigrants who went to the US on holiday visas 'scam artists' who had every intention of working and living there? I assume what gets said that most asylum seekers are fake and I think the checks in the system support that because the vast majority get rejected.

If those off the boat from Malta or any others have an issue with stacking shelves or with taking orders from women then they should be sent back. What makes you so sure that's the case with those lads? Do you know them?
    Some people are always grasping onto the idea of the floodgates opening but it never seems to happen.

Do you actually live in Ireland - or are you taking the Pis.s?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member Kevin Parlon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some people are always grasping onto the idea of the floodgates opening but it never seems to happen.
    It's honestly strange you'd say this when recent history is littered with example after example of politicians consistently and dramatically underestimating numbers.
    "an intelligent, well-informed sparring partner for real debate" - Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration from 2013 to 2015.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

None of that backs up what you had originally stated. That issue regarding Brexit was addressed in that Ireland and the UK would be able to act on laws to return people to the UK.

There are people who are genuine, who may find themselves in situations where they're in a legal limbo. They may have come through the UK to get here. There are no direct connections between Ireland and their country. Surely there should be a sensible approach in that the individual would be evaluated on their own merits and the knowledge that almost certain death would be the result of a return to their native country, yet being mindful of the law that might allow Ireland to wash their hands of them?

What about an individual who'd nearly or possibly qualify for a work visa but who genuinely had to leave their home country and cannot return to avail of alternatives other than asylum seeking? Somebody who'd work at anything for little pay and may not have any extended family to later bring here. Somebody who has a good degree from a reputable university.

How do you think hotels and other businesses are getting much of their work done? Have you ever thought of who might have cleaned your plates and cutlery when you sit down for a meal, how clean the toilets are? How you may be enjoying such at surprisingly low prices? Businesses are finding it difficult to get anybody from within the EU to do some jobs.

There has to be sensible approach. I think if an individual has gone through hell to get here and there being every indication that he/she would make a good citizen, then regardless of how they got here, they should be given a chance. In particular those who don't have any extended family to later claim residency for.

I can see and understand the concerns people have with immigration but sometimes it can be a win win for all even if there may be something irregular about how they're here in the first place. Think of the loops that many Irish went through to get legal in the US. Didn't most do very well by the US in time?
    do you realise we are not the US, we are a tiny country of circa 5 million and you are suggesting we take people from a critical mass of billions when we are already demographically under threat due to the cumulative effect of mass migration from basically every country in the world, driven by idealogical and financial factors not in the best interests of the sustainable development of the indigenous irish people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagertha View Post
    He's probably taken in the same number as Bono, Bob Geldof, Lily Allen and all the other virtue signallers, a big fat zero.
    I would actually give Bono a minus because he has went to the bother having a house with a large wall round it and a large gate which clearly says you cant come in here, unless I decide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's true. What about the minority? The ones who have everything nice and clean for ungrateful gits who get to enjoy it all at reduced prices.
    Reduced prices, I think you need to dig a little deeper my friend, I am very good friends with a restaurant owner from the middle east who will employ anyone from anywhere as long as they do exactly as they are told and i mean exactly.
    Some examples, A guy working for him as a chef, living with his wife down the country and coming to work for my friend for 4 days and sleeping in the restaurant at night while working in dublin, while they claim all the benefits down the country as a family.
    who do you think is paying for that.
    I could go on and on and on
    Out of 200 people who left CVs into his restaurant looking for work, 120 were brasilians, 8 were irish, the rest were from every continent in the world.

As mcdonalds say the restaurant are lovin it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's true. What about the minority? The ones who have everything nice and clean for ungrateful gits who get to enjoy it all at reduced prices.
    Reduced prices, I think you need to dig a little deeper my friend, I am very good friends with a restaurant owner from the middle east who will employ anyone from anywhere as long as they do exactly as they are told and i mean exactly.
    Some examples, A guy working for him as a chef, living with his wife down the country and coming to work for my friend for 4 days and sleeping in the restaurant at night while working in dublin, while they claim all the benefits down the country as a family.
    who do you think is paying for that.
    I could go on and on and on
    Out of 200 people who left CVs into his restaurant looking for work, 120 were brasilians, 8 were irish, the rest were from every continent in the world.

As mcdonalds say the restaurant owners are lovin it

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about the price of coffee going up in all shops and restaurants .

IRISH JUSTICE MINISTER TELLS A BARE-FACED LIE THE KILKENNY JOURNAL

Every county should have such a journal , time to fight back against a government forcing policies against the majority .
    Last edited by atkin8; 11th January 2019 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atkin8 View Post
    What about the price of coffee going up in all shops and restaurants .

IRISH JUSTICE MINISTER TELLS A BARE-FACED LIE THE KILKENNY JOURNAL

Every county should have such a journal , time to fight back against a government forcing policies against the majority .
    Actually they do have the International Right to seek protection

- but its clear the vast majority are Bogus and telling lies

Giving false information while seeking State help is a Criminal Offense

- I wonder how many have been prosecuted?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Parlon View Post
    It's honestly strange you'd say this when recent history is littered with example after example of politicians consistently and dramatically underestimating numbers.
    ……..most notably the appalling De Rossa who assured the nation that after the 2004 enlargement 2,000 East Europeans a year would "choose our distant shores". It turned out to be 2,000 a week......for years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    ……..most notably the appalling De Rossa who assured the nation that after the 2004 enlargement 2,000 East Europeans a year would "choose our distant shores". It turned out to be 2,000 a week......for years.
    I remember another politician that was joyful how marriage was on the increase , many were sham it was later proved .