Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 82 of 98 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Thread: US Presidential Election 2020 - The Democratic Candidate for President

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Enough Republicans have made complete idiots of themselves, so maybe they should just give up and let her get on with being a Congressman.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dances, Republicans lose their minds

She is not running for President, though, so still your wildly beating heart.
    Yest again with this blatant lie , show me one republican who has lost their mind over this or even criticized it in anyway or passed any negative comment on it.

The media have been running with this nonsense for the last week and Conservative commentators have repeatedly asked various outlets that are running this to come with one example or one quote to back this narrative up , and so far none has.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toughbutfair View Post
    Ocasio Cortez is a strong candidate. She is very sexy and young , as a woman she can keep the Hillary voters, as a Latina she can win more of the Latino vote . She can get one of the older men in the party to brief her on the technical things. She is very electable(not that I think she’d be any good, unless she let others do the thinking)
    Not in 2020. She cannot even run.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Democratic Rep Tulsi Gabbard had thrown her hat into the ring.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...nt-run-1098629

The Hawaii Democrat's entrance into the presidential primary field comes before an expected wave of similar announcements from higher profile candidates.

Sounds like she is getting in early to avoid the rush.

IMO one to watch and one that could make a very attractive VP option.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont think gabbard can win (as I said of Obama and Trump) . Cannot see “the good Christians” (cough cough) voting for somebody who doesn’t believe in all that Jesus B.S. yanks are superstitious and believe that Harry Potter Prequel is the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post

I'd agree there. She may even be running to end up a VP pick as I don't think she has a chance. There are her dodgy links with Assad as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Enough Republicans have made complete idiots of themselves, so maybe they should just give up and let her get on with being a Congressman.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dances, Republicans lose their minds

She is not running for President, though, so still your wildly beating heart.
    Given her car crash showing in the media so far her running would be hilarious. Makes Palin look like an intellectual.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Given her car crash showing in the media so far her running would be hilarious. Makes Palin look like an intellectual.
    Palinn was old (for a woman ) when she ran for VP and looked like a faded beauty queen, ocaso Cortez is 29 so while a bit past her peak is still attractive(although cannot run until 2024) The presidential race is now show business as Obama and trump showed. Your ability has little to do with it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toughbutfair View Post
    Dont think gabbard can win (as I said of Obama and Trump) . Cannot see “the good Christians” (cough cough) voting for somebody who doesn’t believe in all that Jesus B.S. yanks are superstitious and believe that Harry Potter Prequel is the truth.
    The lunatic Christian fundamentalists are all Trump cultists anyway. No serious Democrat contender is going to bother trying to pander to those eejits.

Some media sources saying we could have 20-30 declared Dem candidates by Easter

It's definitely looking like an interesting primary season! I'll wait till I see the whole field before I start thinking of a favourite, but Gabbard will be more of a contender than the Right seem to think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    Yest again with this blatant lie , show me one republican who has lost their mind over this or even criticized it in anyway or passed any negative comment on it.

The media have been running with this nonsense for the last week and Conservative commentators have repeatedly asked various outlets that are running this to come with one example or one quote to back this narrative up , and so far none has.
    Why was AOC the only Congressman to be booed by Republicans when she voted for Nacncy Pelosi as for Speaker?

Republicans have tweeted about where she was born, what she wears, where she went to school, how she dances ... if there ever was a derangement syndrome, this is it.

And, being true to form, ReTrumplicans then lie about the whole thing.

(Scarry is a conservative reporter with the Washington Examiner. He eventually deleted the Tweet.)

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez clothes criticized by conservative author - Business Insider
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post

Gabbard is a "Libertarian Leaning Progressive", more conservative economically than most on the left, but not by much.

However, she is (or maybe was) a maverick on some issues that probably dooms her candidacy. I find it hard to see soccer moms in California or New Hampshire warming to her, or New York black activists.

"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume