Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 502 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 12474

Thread: Presidential Election 2018

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Second Litir um Thoghchán arrived this morning. Gallagher at least had the decency to use black type on white paper.

Delightful to know that he and Trish have two beautiful children. Quite why that's relevant to why I should vote for him he doesn't say. Perhaps it's better than having two quite plain children. Or a pulchritudinously varied brood of four. The constitution is obstinately silent on the matter.
    Last edited by Baron von Biffo; 11th October 2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Higgins' public servant pseudo-educated fanboys are fond of their candidate's supposed constitutional law credentials.

In fact he is not a lawyer but an idiot Marxist Sociologist parasite from some fifth-rate gombeen-infested West of Ireland college.

Moreover, Volatire would submit that Higgins' understanding of what a Constitutional Republic means is shaky. He ponces around as though he is attending the Henley Regatta, while barely allowing the government Learjet's engines time to cool down.

Higgins is just a parasitic leftie windbag made good. His virtue-signalling pompous hypocrisy is already well past it's sell by date.

Higgins' re-election risks deep embarrassment to this country.
    MAKE DUBLIN GREAT AGAIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Second Litir um Thoghchán arrived this morning. Gallagher at least had the decency to use black type on white paper.

Delightful to know that he and Trish have two beautiful children. Quite why that's relevant to why I should vote for him he doesn't say. Perhaps it's better than having two quite plain children. Or a pulchritudinously varied brood of four. The constitution is obstinately silent on the matter.
    I got that also, and I agree that the children are passably good looking. Information is lacking on the children of the other candidates and we only have monochrome images for Michael D's.

I note that he wants to create a society where we 'celebrate difference'. A lot of people don't even tolerate difference at the moment - so he has his work cut out for him.
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons......

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

delusional Duffer the spoofer was on Niall Boylan Classic Hits 4fm today and the man is totally fooling himself but "promising to do what the Presidency has not the power to do".A complete amateur who is plucking "ideas out of the air" and thinking it is going to get him votes.Does not want to look back to "where we were , from the founding of the State" , but rather " the next 100 years b4 us and what kind of a society we will be". This is what all the "Economic Nerds, On Tray Prin Hoors, Pioneers, Creative Thinkers " always go on about.We must study and learn all types of History to keep ourselves from repeating the mistakes of the past.How are we to forward plan , if we don't learn from the past and make the decisions that will not have fatal economic,social, environmental etc consequences?. I think Delusional Duffer wants to erase the past completely as it has come back this week to sink his chances of getting any decent polling figures.Like I said earlier about this deluded spoofer , he will lose by "Omission or Admission from his own mouth".It is not to late for him to withdraw ,save his money on a no hope contest and save himself and family from further embarrassing titbits getting on social media about him.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post

...... An idiot Marxist Sociologist parasite from some fifth-rate gombeen-infested West of Ireland college.

Oh dear, the Galwegians won't be pleased. You'd never dare say that about Cork.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've learned another new word because of Higgins in addition to beard and jimmy. I voted for that hypocrite last time out in order to keep Gallagher out and look what he did. He has seriously betrayed our trust and he even has the neck to claim he has lived up to our trust in him. Anybody but him this time around.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sic transit View Post
    Being able to trot out a 60s speech is no evidence of anything except lots of practice of giving such speeches. It's just a shallow gimmick largely aimed at that whole "get your USP out there", which doesn't work BTW. TBH if the public's decision comes down to this then they really shouldn't be voting.
    If you feel passionate about something you can talk about it at length, he couldn't manage it for a single minute. TBH if the public are voting for a man like that then they really shouldn't be voting at all. RTE and the media hid his limp and his tremor in the last election. He's got a growing gut on him from the lack of exercise and it's a demanding role. This is a job that should be done by a younger person who has the energy and ambition for it, not some old duffer who will probably be holed up in the Aras on the sofa in a couple of years holding court in his little fiefdom like the old Queen that he is.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like the American system, they like to let the voters know that they've got a spouse and a couple of kids, usually there's a bit of hokum about how they're good Christians etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagertha View Post
    Sounds like the American system, they like to let the voters know that they've got a spouse and a couple of kids, usually there's a bit of hokum about how they're good Christians etc etc.
    But where does that leave older candidates whose children are middle aged? The pitch is unlevel.

Should (good-looking) grandchildren be allowed - a bit like the Irish soccer team but in reverse?

I see potential Judicial Review all over this one.
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons......

Yep, I got one of them today. Name-checks his two children. Again. The man literally has nothing else to offer.
    I have no money, but I love my life.