Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 677 of 690 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677678679680681687 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 6894

Thread: Repeal the 8th (Second Thread)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    You talk about "your young" - really. Sounds like a nest of baby birds to me. I might say "my offspring" or similar and even then I'd be joking.

In countries where enforced pregnancy is a thing, yes.

Luckily that doesn't apply to Ireland any more.

Nothing new in what I've just said, and I don't doubt you will hasten to misinterpret it as you have done before.

But I've always said that enforced pregnancy is a breach of a woman's human rights. That's because it leads to people like you proposing that raped teenagers may be restrained against their will to force them to continue a pregnancy.

That you don't even realize just how revolting that idea is to normal people merely indicates how far removed your worldview is from that of normal people.
    If you view “enforced pregnancy” as a breach of human rights then you must support abortion without restriction in regard to term limit or reason.
    End biased moderation

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    You talk about "your young" - really. Sounds like a nest of baby birds to me. I might say "my offspring" or similar and even then I'd be joking.

In countries where enforced pregnancy is a thing, yes.

Luckily that doesn't apply to Ireland any more.

Nothing new in what I've just said, and I don't doubt you will hasten to misinterpret it as you have done before.

But I've always said that enforced pregnancy is a breach of a woman's human rights. That's because it leads to people like you proposing that raped teenagers may be restrained against their will to force them to continue a pregnancy.

That you don't even realize just how revolting that idea is to normal people merely indicates how far removed your worldview is from that of normal people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    If you view “enforced pregnancy” as a breach of human rights then you must support abortion without restriction in regard to term limit or reason.
    Thanks for being you. Don't ever change.
    KOBO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're getting back into antichoice cray cray now! Most abortions happen in the first trimester. The later ones are down to FFA, not women and girls waiting 30 weeks before deciding they don't want to be pregnant anymore.
    All the world's a stage... That we're just going through.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDaisyC View Post
    We're getting back into antichoice cray cray now! Most abortions happen in the first trimester. The later ones are down to FFA, not women and girls waiting 30 weeks before deciding they don't want to be pregnant anymore.
    But the ‘pro-choice/human right not to be pregnant’ view is that the choice should be available for the duration of the pregnancy.
    End biased moderation

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I wouldn't be concerned too much about the O'Taliban. Their days on this issue even around abortion clinics are numbered now.

I note an article in the Guardian today on the 22 of the 26 counties being covered as regards GP referrals on abortion. The GP featured in the article, who is one of the 220 who have signed up openly to the list received a call from another GP who isn't on the public list and handled a request for the abortifacient pill for the aforementioned and their patient.

It'll take a short while for the wariness around the village priest and the creaky O'Taliban in Ballygokandahar to dissipate and then the O'Taliban can be left to chew on their pap in the corner, having lost their grip with contraception, divorce, gay marriage and abortion- their Four Horsemen of de-de-de 'Pocalypse.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

"The vasectomy itself was physically close to painless. We made small talk throughout but it was impossible not to think about what was happening. I’m glad I won’t ever have to do it again. It was over in 15 minutes – job done!

"I drove home and spent a quiet evening relaxing. Those of you with young children will know what a rare luxury that is. I was extremely careful in the following days and took pain relief now and again but there was no real pain.

"After a week I was back to normal. The only side effect was that I could now legitimately be described as harmless. The procedure wasn’t nearly as big a deal as I had built it up to be and I have absolutely no regrets.

"Vasectomy Ireland quotes a price of €450 for a ‘no-scalpel vasectomy’. This compares favourably to the alternatives. Most health insurance policies don’t cover vasectomy, which is hard to understand given how much a vasectomy could save them financially.

Opinion: I was always adamant I'd never have the snip ... but I did
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do - Isaac Asimov

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

"SAME-SEX COUPLES will be able to use the label ‘parent’ on birth certificates of their children under new legislation approved by government.

"Social Protection Minister Regina Doherty said the changes will resolve a number of difficulties in the registration of donor assisted births and will be brought forward as a priority."...more

Same-sex couples will be able to use ‘parent’ on birth certificates under new law
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do - Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    But the ‘pro-choice/human right not to be pregnant’ view is that the choice should be available for the duration of the pregnancy.
    Yep. It's a woman hating, antichoice myth that women wait for months into a pregnancy before they choose to end it.
    All the world's a stage... That we're just going through.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDaisyC View Post
    Yep. It's a woman hating, antichoice myth that women wait for months into a pregnancy before they choose to end it.
    You still don’t seem to understand. You cannot proclaim your support for unrestricted choice, and then argue in your defense ‘sure it’ll never happen’.
    End biased moderation

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crotta Cliach View Post
    "SAME-SEX COUPLES will be able to use the label ‘parent’ on birth certificates of their children under new legislation approved by government.

"Social Protection Minister Regina Doherty said the changes will resolve a number of difficulties in the registration of donor assisted births and will be brought forward as a priority."...more

Same-sex couples will be able to use ‘parent’ on birth certificates under new law
    Off-topic, though probably from the same agenda, an agenda that ignores or denies reality!
    End biased moderation