Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 682 of 690 FirstFirst ... 182582632672678679680681682683684685686 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 6896

Thread: Repeal the 8th (Second Thread)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    All part of the taught bipolarity of that cult's psychology. They tend to put everything in 'duality of opposites' categories (which actually is a known psychological trait in catholicism since the times of Augustine who was mostly responsible for introducing it).

Hell/Heaven, God/Satan, Good/Evil, Madonna/Whore, Agin us/With us etc. It isn't a psychology which allows for grey areas or nuance. So to Peader if modern life isn't catholic enough then it must be satanic

He can't describe anything in the middle so anything that departs from dogma is evil altogether- that is what he referencing when he attempts to describe an 'opposite orthodoxy'.
    Whatever, but Irish society prefers grey areas, and has done for a long time. Any party promoting pure Catholicism is finished before it starts. Plus Toibin was trying to claim at the start that other than being 'pro-life' he was not interesting in a 'churchy' party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Whatever, but Irish society prefers grey areas, and has done for a long time. Any party promoting pure Catholicism is finished before it starts. Plus Toibin was trying to claim at the start that other than being 'pro-life' he was not interesting in a 'churchy' party.
    Aye. Another one coincidentally following the church dogmatic line but apparently not at all linked to the church
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ronan 'Mullah' Mullen I am sure would have an array of explanations how his views on the 8th aren't at all religious but then that was part of the assertion from the O'Taliban crew during the 8th debate.

Mainly because they knew that the religious dogma approach wouldn't float these days. And Ronan having spent a considerable amount of time being secretary to a Bishop would know all about that!
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Aye. Another one coincidentally following the church dogmatic line but apparently not at all linked to the church
    Combine that with the personality of a dead cabbage - I don't think SF or FF have much to worry about. It's a bad day when one actually prefers FF or SF to something!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDaisyC View Post
    And then promptly forget about it once it's exited the vaginal canal.
    I didn't know Proborts were the only ones who cared for human babies
    after birth....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dishonesty is at the heart of all efforts to promote or advance the acceptance of abortion.

'Abortion is a normal part of 'healthcare'' (even if most doctors want nothing to do with it,
    and many would leave their profession, rather than perform such a procedure).

Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Telstar 62 View Post
    I didn't know Proborts were the only ones who cared for human babies
    after birth....
    Those who support the right of a woman to choose certainly wouldn't try and justify shooting a 14 year-old boy in the face by calling him a savage.
    Separate Church and State

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the actual breakdown of results from each Electoral Division from the referendum? Would this information even be freely available to the public? I know some local newspapers used to publish results but in my own county I didn't see any this time around? Would the county registrar's office be the best place to obtain this information?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

mjdav, the results by constituency are provided at the bottom of this wiki page... Thirty-sixth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland - Wikipedia
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Notice that the Referendum turnout was a new record by quite a large margin- 150,000 people more than the marriage referendum.

Bit of a surprise for me there as I thought the viciousness and divisiveness of the campaign would have resulted in a lower turnout but apparently not.

Pleased to see my own county went two thirds in favour of a 'yes' vote which is definitely landslidey territory.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui