Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2220

Thread: The Invasion of Europe (Second Thread)

  1. #2211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by recedite View Post
    The end of the video is the worst part. People on the train being punched and then somebody stops the video by threatening the person who is doing the filming.
    Well, just think about it. The "press & media" in Ireland is pretty constrained too. The "NewIrish" on that train in Cologne were doing some censorship too! (in their style)

    Quote Originally Posted by recedite View Post
    The local Germans seem to be totally flabbergasted.
    I don't know how long this will last. The people of Cologne and that area have the reputation of being more like the French and not so law-abiding as the rest of Germany. Then again they took the New Year's rape celebrations of 2015 pretty much "on the chin" with only a murmur five days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by recedite View Post
    I remember waiting at a German train station about 10 years ago, and noticing that none of the bikes were locked. Everything worked, and everybody was polite. I was thinking to myself (wouldn't it be great if Irish railway stations were as nice as this".
    Being meek and docile is not the way to deal with this situation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by recedite View Post
    But all is changed now, changed utterly.
    They were nice people. I feel sorry for them in a way, but then they did bring this on themselves.
    I suppose people in Poland and Hungary will say the same about us in the future.
    I think that it was Frau Bundeskanzlerin Merkel who seized the initiative and did the cheerleading (and the general public obediently, enthusiastically cheered. The surprising thing is that she didn't seem to use the two eyes that she has in her head. Those phalanxes of marching refugees and almost to a man (pardon the pun) No children, no women, no grandparents --- all young marching men of military age. Something screwy here, I would have thought.

    But the acid test would be if some more colums of marching men start marching north.
    Would Frau Merkel open the doors of Germany to them a second time?
    Would the general public come out again to give them a cheering welcome?

    But it ain't over till the fat lady sings: Frau Merkel's most salient quality is to sit and wait things out and only to take action or seize the initiative till the last moment or when that is the last option. If she is true to her form she will wait till nearly the last minute of her Chancellorship before she resigns -- so four more years to go. And just in case you might miss her policies once she's gone, her chosen successor -- Frau Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer waits in the wings to fill the void and carry on the same policies.
    Someone should make a movie about this place.

  2. #2212
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yosef shompeter View Post
    Being meek and docile is not the way to deal with this situation though.
    That's true.
    What's slightly worrying though, is that the German psyche is not necessarily "meek and docile". They are a bit like that guy in Meet the Fokkers movie. They expect everything to work well, and it normally does. They are a bit dour, but they cooperate with each other. When they bring somebody into the "circle of trust" they expect that person to play ball, and to do as they do. But they are a bit gullible. They are only now starting to realise that these new guys have come to Germany to get whatever they can, and to take the piss.
    What happens next? The fokkers do not forgive people who abuse the circle of trust.

    I've also been to African countries. Its very different there. They are all smiles up front, and it is genuine, but then a few minutes later they rob you if they get the chance.
    Nothing works, everything is corrupt. Everyone expects to be ripped off by everyone else. But immediately afterwards, they forgive and forget. They genuinely forgive and move on. They can have terrible civil wars, and then a year or so later, its all forgotten, and they are all buddies again.

    Each type of personality fits well enough into its own part of the world. But moving them from the one extreme to the other is like taking a fish out of water.
    I think the prevalent Irish psyche is somewhere in the middle. We can adapt to either situation.

  3. #2213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by recedite View Post
    That's true.
    What's slightly worrying though, is that the German psyche is not necessarily "meek and docile". They are a bit like that guy in Meet the Fokkers movie. They expect everything to work well, and it normally does. They are a bit dour, but they cooperate with each other. When they bring somebody into the "circle of trust" they expect that person to play ball, and to do as they do. But they are a bit gullible. They are only now starting to realise that these new guys have come to Germany to get whatever they can, and to take the piss.
    What happens next? The fokkers do not forgive people who abuse the circle of trust.

    I've also been to African countries. Its very different there. They are all smiles up front, and it is genuine, but then a few minutes later they rob you if they get the chance.
    Nothing works, everything is corrupt. Everyone expects to be ripped off by everyone else. But immediately afterwards, they forgive and forget. They genuinely forgive and move on. They can have terrible civil wars, and then a year or so later, its all forgotten, and they are all buddies again.

    Each type of personality fits well enough into its own part of the world. But moving them from the one extreme to the other is like taking a fish out of water.

    I think the prevalent Irish psyche is somewhere in the middle. We can adapt to either situation.
    Some fascinating observations here. I lived long enough in Germany myself to learn the language. Quite often I heard the phrase: "the Southern Mentality" when they were talking about Italy, Spain etc. By that they meant the laid-back attitude of the Italians, the Siesta and such-like and the generally relaxed atmosphere which was in contrast to the German disciplined work rhythm and work ethic and solidarity and trust in one another, the system and the state.
    On the other hand they would make jokes about Italy, the Italian government and the Italian Institutions once they went belly-up. (which was pretty often).
    One such joke was that the Italian states of emergency are only the normal run of things, you don't take the Italian disasters all that serious -- Only the catastrophes.
    At one stage some ex-prime minister called Benito Craxi scarpered off to Tunisia or Libia with six or seven Billion... (was it Lira or Euro? I forget) Another time ex prime minister Andreotti was held under investigation for cooperating (or running, or being a member of) the Mafia.
    Now putting all those young males from the Arabian crescent in to quiet, well-ordered Germany is bound to cause frictions and explosions. Top it up with this dose of guilt and massive media bombardment of anti-racism and a little bit of "news censorship and downplay" when required.
    I can see Germany's solid faith in its institutions taking a rattle in the next months and years ahead.
    Someone should make a movie about this place.

  4. #2214
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    51,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

  5. #2215
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    You would think this would be big news all around Europe, because this is Sweden. Lovely affable Sweden, nicest country in the world.
    Love me. Cherish me. I'm a unionist.

  6. #2216
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    4,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    On RTE news this evening there was coverage from a new Social housing development in Donegal, among the recipients of these new houses was an African family and a woman who looked Oriental/Filipino. What is wrong in this country? Irish families are being dumped in so called Family Hubs which are little better than hostels while migrants are being given Social Housing, it's disgusting.

  7. #2217
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    51,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

  8. #2218
    Politics.ie Member Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Periwig shop
    Posts
    51,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

  9. #2219
    Politics.ie Member Herr Rommel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8,834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    If it was a gang of white lads doing that we would be told it's a hate crime.

    This is the sort of situation which has leftist in a spin as they don't know who to support.
    There are only two genders.

  10. #2220
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    4,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Rommel View Post
    If it was a gang of white lads doing that we would be told it's a hate crime.

    This is the sort of situation which has leftist in a spin as they don't know who to support.
    We know who they'll support, they'll support the Muslims and spout nonsense like ''cultural misunderstandings''. Just like the ''feminist'' posters on here who are defending the Muslim taxi driver who repeatedly raped the young Irish woman in his taxi. The same posters would have hung the lads in Belfast from the nearest tree, but they'll support the Muslim rapist over the white Irish victim every single time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •