Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 389 of 441 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4403

Thread: Mueller's Investigation of Trump on the ropes.Chart the unravelling here (Second Thread)

Politics.ie Member O'Sullivan Bere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FFS...

During a 90-minute classified briefing with lawmakers on Thursday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin reportedly offered no credible answers when asked to defend his decision to lift sanctions on companies with links to Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska, who just so happens to be Putin’s buddy and Paul Manafort’s former paymaster. . . . .When pressed on critical questions, the secretary was “unresponsive,” . . .

Probably the best moment of the briefing, though, came when Mnuchin—who has stonewalled Democratic inquiries into potentially suspicious financial dealings of the president, his family, and his campaign associates—told the assembled group that when it comes to the reasoning behind lifting sanctions on Deripaska’s companies, lawmakers should simply “trust” the administration.
    MNUCHIN TELLS DEMOCRATS TO JUST “TRUST” TRUMP ON RUSSIA - Vanity Fair

Politics.ie Member toastedheretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O'Sullivan Bere View Post
    FBI reportedly opened inquiry into whether Trump was working for Russia - Guardian

Oc course, Sochi Sarah and Rostov Rudy offer up the comical propaganda alternative facts...
    At this stage Id have been amazed if such was not the case as I assume must the top brass former and present day within the admin..
    How does surveilance work with POTUS , SS etc?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Politics.ie Member O'Sullivan Bere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toastedheretic View Post
    At this stage Id have been amazed if such was not the case as I assume must the top brass former and present day within the admin..
    How does surveilance work with POTUS , SS etc?

Gotta tell ya, it's uncharted territory. Never before has the problem with Soviet/Russian assets been with a POTUS and his apparatus with a Cult of Personality beholden and corrupted party (Russia infiltrated NRA etc).

Very quietly I'm sure and unfortunately in ways the rules ordinarily don't permit because they presume the foxes aren't in charge of the henhouse. The POTUS usually has access to such material for example and we have already seen what Trump's appointments are like and the Devin Nunes types do to cover and tip off the POTUS, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gotta tell ya, it's uncharted territory. Never before has the problem with Soviet/Russian assets been with a POTUS and his apparatus with a puppet party. Very quietly I'm sure and unfortunately in ways the rules ordinarily don't permit because they presume the foxes aren't in charge of the henhouse. The POTUS usually has access to such material for example and we have already seen what Trump's appointments are like and the Devin Nunes types do to cover and tip off the POTUS, etc.
    Remember this?
    https://hillreporter.com/putin-ally-...-about-it-5882

At time it was parsed as ironic advice, if memory serves..

Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    I don't know. But it doesn't sound like a big deal. Manafort had loads of those sort of contacts courtesy of his work in the Ukraine. Why do you think he might have been doing that? Now how can Steele's dossier not be considered Russian collusion when it was financed by Clinton, Dems, and eventually FBI to gather dirt on Trump from Russian players?
    When the FBI become so alarmed at the behaviour of POTUS that they open a counter intelligence investigation into his links with an enemy power, you know he's been up to something. He's probably going to jail. We're in uncharted waters as we've never seen a POTUS quite like this guy. He's no Eisenhower and the GOP will drop him and run for cover as soon as he's indicted.
    A few weeks before my grandfather died, he started dipping his feet in a bucket of lard.
    He went downhill very fast after that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FBI reportedly opened inquiry into whether Trump was working for Russia - Guardian

Of course, Sochi Sarah and Rostov Rudy offer up the comical propaganda alternative facts...

More absolute insanity. Firstly, article is New York times---a discredited Trump hating rag. Finally, look at the FBI lawyer quoted in article, Lisa Page, Mr Trump stopping "Insurance Policy" Strzok's shag-buddy. Of course, these FBI slimeballs started an investigation. They'd just lost Leaking Comey and their asses were hanging in the wind.They're both no longer in FBI--dishonourably discharged. Shameful mudslinging article. Shows how desperate these scum are. Back to the drawing board bozos.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corporal punishment View Post
    When the FBI become so alarmed at the behaviour of POTUS that they open a counter intelligence investigation into his links with an enemy power, you know he's been up to something. He's probably going to jail. We're in uncharted waters as we've never seen a POTUS quite like this guy. He's no Eisenhower and the GOP will drop him and run for cover as soon as he's indicted.
    Fake News.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toastedheretic View Post
    Remember this?
    https://hillreporter.com/putin-ally-...-about-it-5882

At time it was parsed as ironic advice, if memory serves..

Trump Derangement Fever reaching new heights today. Am starting to wonder whether syndrome might be terminal with extreme addlement the ultimate symptom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

More absolute insanity. Firstly, article is New York times---a discredited Trump hating rag. Finally, look at the FBI lawyer quoted in article, Lisa Page, Mr Trump stopping "Insurance Policy" Strzok's shag-buddy. Of course, these FBI slimeballs started an investigation. They'd just lost Leaking Comey and their asses were hanging in the wind.They're both no longer in FBI--dishonourably discharged. Shameful mudslinging article. Shows how desperate these scum are. Back to the drawing board bozos.
    NYT missed the story of century, and the Russian link to Trump was never fully explored by the US media - they fell into the trap of chasing a bullsh!t story about e-mail servers.

"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trump Derangement Fever reaching new heights today. Am starting to wonder whether syndrome might be terminal with extreme addlement the ultimate symptom.
    LOL, whatevs.....will almost miss the daily insight we get into the crazed ,frothing imaginings of the Irish altright...
    I suspect yer not for these parts much longer, not in those socks @ any rate..