Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 69 of 144 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Immediate Repercussions of President Donald J. Trump (Second Thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Rommel View Post
    So it's back to POTUS Trump over the economy when only two days ago we had posters on here saying it was all down to Obuma.
    you're not very bright are you
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crotta Cliach View Post
    Dame, Both sources are right wing news and fake news.

"There is a twitter account (@wiredsources) that posts breaking news with a very right-wing spin on things, with quite a large following."
    It has been removed from Twitter. Sourced Reports seems to have taken over for them.

Sourced Reports (@SourcedReports) | Twitter
    Sourced Reports (@SourcedReports) | Twitter
    The latest Tweets from Sourced Reports (@SourcedReports). This account is being managed by @WiredSources.

And we all know Fox is faux. If you can't find a verifiable report from a valid publication, please delete your post.
    CNN , CBS , Time etc etc are all covering this story as well , but the FOX News link is just as valid source as any of them.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    CNN , CBS , Time etc etc are all covering this story as well , but the FOX News link is just as valid source as any of them.
    Links please, and, no, Fox is not a valid source and hasn't been for years now.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do - Isaac Asimov

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Links please, and, no, Fox is not a valid source and hasn't been for years now.
    In your opinion that is, as I said the FOX news division is regular cited by many other news organisations for stories.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

In your opinion that is, as I said the FOX news division is regular cited by many other news organisations for stories.
    Can't come up with valid links, huh?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do - Isaac Asimov

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I found it in 2 seconds.

It is a strange man who believes in some singular bizarre political ideology called Sortition, a theory that advocates the random selection of government officials [of any party I guess? to be blown up I guess?]

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/10/p...all/index.html

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't come up with valid links, huh?
    I did not put up any links because I did not believe there was any need to , Dame linked to a valid news story that Fox News covered very accurately , there are as valid and even more so than the likes of CNN who have been found out quite a few times over the last few years for inaccurate or false reporting.

So much so that last year 3 of their journalists had to resign for false Russia collusion stories.

And there are many more examples where no one resigned such as Donald Jnr advanced notice of Wikileaks story which was also redacted when shown to be untrue, and recently the Michael Cohen story where he is supposedly said he has proof Trump knew about the Trump tower Russia Lawyer meeting. Cohen and his lawyer say that story is also untrue.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/med...cle/index.html

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I found it in 2 seconds.

It is a strange man who believes in some singular bizarre political ideology called Sortition, a theory that advocates the random selection of government officials [of any party I guess? to be blown up I guess?]

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/10/p...all/index.html
    Dame said it was a "foiled leftie plot"
    Her link (usual alt tights scutterring lie spreader site) said it was clearly "due to Democrats inciting acts of violence".

Neither claim is true.
    Either accept that or slink away (the preferred Dame strategy after she drops yet another idiotic alt right claim without any support)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/11/trum...l-reserve.html

If Trump thinks firing the Chairman of the FOMC will do anything other than send markets into a tailspin he is an even bigger imbecile than I thought.
    Whoever Trump subsequently appoints would be seen by markets as a joke, the autonomy and credibility of the FOMC shattered forever.
    All Trump is doing here is setting out his stall, that if an economic slowdown comes he not only blames someone else, but suggests he could have kept it going with his unique formula of "permanently lower interest rates and massive tax cuts"

It's like a homeopath blaming an oncologist who has kept someone with pancreatic cancer alive for 5 years, suggesting his solution of carefully administered doses of wolf's bane would have ensured 50 more years of good health

On a serious note, just how difficult must it be for highly qualified, hugely experienced and intelligent people like Powell to work with Trump and his simpleton "solutions" ("why don't we just print trillions of dollars and use it to pay off all our debt") to everything?
    In fact, how hard must it be for people like this not to burst out laughing in his face?
    Last edited by Jack Walsh; 11th October 2018 at 07:16 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Stock markets are now falling sharply after earlier stabilizing and even went positive after the open.

Then the simpleton Trump started mouthing off about the Fed and even mooting possibility of sacking its chairman for doing his job instead of what Trump wants him to do,.
    Cue market jitters and sell off