Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 144 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1838

Thread: The Immediate Repercussions of President Donald J. Trump (Second Thread)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyc View Post
    Pennsylvania isn't looking great for him.
    If they look at the map, Biden is their lock.
    He nails them PA for certain, Michigan and Wisconsin almost certainly and Ohio and Iowa very probable.

I'd prefer a young liberal firebrand for a once in a generation shift of power, but if you want to play safe and give yourself the highest probability iof removing Trump,. then Biden for me is a no brainier

Trump warning Fed in tweet this morning not to raise rates.
    Absolutely unprecedented interference.
    Trying to bully Fed into making decisions to try to prop up his phony (and fast fading) stock market rally

If I were Jerome Powell I would call him out publicly and say this sort of political pressure is not helpful and should stop.

His tweet also suggests Powell and Fed should "ignore their numbers" and go with their gut.
    Sweet Jesus

The equivalent of checking your cancer stricken parent out of Sloane Kettering and insist they place their welfare with a local homeopath
    Last edited by Jack Walsh; 18th December 2018 at 03:02 PM.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    If they look at the map, Biden is their lock.
    He nails them PA for certain, Michigan and Wisconsin almost certainly and Ohio and Iowa very probable.

I'd prefer a young liberal firebrand for a once in a generation shift of power, but if you want to play safe and give yourself the highest probability iof removing Trump,. then Biden for me is a no brainier

Trump warning Fed in tweet this morning not to raise rates.
    Absolutely unprecedented interference.
    Trying to bully Fed into making decisions to try to prop up his phony (and fast fading) stock market rally

If I were Jerome Powell I would call him out publicly and say this sort of political pressure is not helpful and should stop.

His tweet also suggests Powell and Fed should "ignore their numbers" and go with their gut.
    Sweet Jesus

The equivalent of checking your cancer stricken parent out of Sloane Kettering and insist they place tehir welfare with a local homeopath
    Obama's words echo in my ears - "The Republicans drove the economy into the ditch and we are slowly getting it back out" This time Trump is going to kill the world's economy for a much longer time. Biden for experience and O'Rourke for energy and back-up. I think that is the best combination.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do - Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    It's striking how many generals have gotten into trouble when they took civilian jobs in Washington or became celebs. It would seem that a brilliant career in the military may not prepare one well for such a transition.
    Yes, Petraeus being a paradigm .... went from a potential GOP Presidential candidate in 2008 to a has-been Caesar.

Being a senior military man is less of a guarantee to Presidential office than it is thought. Service in a lower rank can help (Bush Snr, Carter), not even in combat (George W Bush), but no service at all is not an impediment (Reagan, Clinton, Obama, Trump)
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

U.S. stocks face ‘biggest December fall’ since 1931. The wheels coming off Trumps 'miracle economy'.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4772716/s...fall-world-us/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trump Foundation To Dissolve Amid New York AG's Investigation : NPR

"New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood has announced that the Trump Foundation will dissolve. The foundation was established by Donald Trump well before he ran for president...

The foundation also donated $25,000 to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, according to CREW, in an apparent effort to dissuade her from investigating Trump University, another now-shuttered Trump venture."
    All the world's a stage... That we're just going through.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    Yes, Petraeus being a paradigm .... went from a potential GOP Presidential candidate in 2008 to a has-been Caesar.

Being a senior military man is less of a guarantee to Presidential office than it is thought. Service in a lower rank can help (Bush Snr, Carter), not even in combat (George W Bush), but no service at all is not an impediment (Reagan, Clinton, Obama, Trump)
    Reagan served in the military.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trump is safe as long as this:
    Robert De Niro At Tony Awards: "F*** Trump" | Video | RealClearPolitics
    is the level of what passes for discourse among the liberal elite.

The schmuks gave him a standing ovation.
    "Your vision is right, my vision is wrong, I'm sorry for smudging the air with my song"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A win?

After the mid-term election losses, the Manafort fiasco, the public humiliation of Flynn, the sentencing of Michael Cohen, and the dissolution of Trump's fake Foundation, at this stage we are positively tired of winning.
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

Politics.ie Member President Bartlet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/18/p...sis/index.html
    The Rethuglicons really are a bunch of clusterfooks - I do hope they are so roundly trashed in 2020