Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596

Thread: Castlepollard Exclusion From Commission on Mother and Baby Homes INQUIRY. (Second Thread)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarryPlough01 View Post
    | Broadsheet.ie

‘I Was Put Into A Bag And Told I Was Going Into A Bog Hole’

Broadsheet at 8:16 am June 18, 2015

Peter Mulryan said:

“I was four and a half years there, I was adopted out in not nice conditions whatsoever. [My earliest memories were] isolated. I’m not worried about work but the way I was treated, every day I got up: beaten. I dreaded summers for the simple reason here, I never spoke about this before.

Many would get beaten with a rod or a stick, I was treated with nettles. Nettles put inside my trousers. I hated seeing summers coming because I knew this was going to happen again. I was put into a bag one day, I was told I was going to be put into the bog hole. That was my life story. I could go on for another hour.”

PJ Haverty said:

“I was born in the home in Tuam as well and I spent six and a half years there and I was told that I went to the national school for two years, which I did and we had to go in ten minutes late in the morning and leave ten minutes early in the evening, so as we wouldn’t mix with the kids from outside, in case we’d tell them anything about what went on in the home.
    You do know that Mulryan is talking about his fostering Home here

- and not about his time in Tuam

- of which he can remember nothing...
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    OK - but you accept he is not a Mother?

Bizarre choice to lead a Mother's group so!
    Sure, if he just rocked up and wanted to lead the group, but since his partner, who was leading it previously has died, it may have seemed insensitive to the others to dump him immediately on her death. He may well be adopted himself, in which case he'd have a reason to be there as someone looking for his mother.

It's a lot easier to envisage than the American abortionist doctor (male) who was flown over at great cost to speak for "Women hurt", supposedly a group of Irish women hurt by abortions such as had been his bread and butter for decades. Did you object to that?
    KOBO

Politics.ie Member StarryPlough01's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    You do know that Mulryan is talking about his fostering Home here

- and not about his time in Tuam

- of which he can remember nothing...

You do know

Peter Mulryan was boarded out at four and half years to an elderly woman in her mid 70s and her bachelor farmer son, who sadistically brutalised and terrorised Peter. 4 year old child slave Peter was put to work straight away.

What were the checks for this boarding out arrangement (20 miles from the Tuam home) with a 50 year old male savage and his elderly mother?

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596