Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Finkelstein calls out Margaret Hodge on her use of the anti-semite slur against Corbyn

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Finkelstein calls out Margaret Hodge on her use of the anti-semite slur against Corbyn

That Dame Hodge hasn't a clue about deportation
    Points out that both of his parents were in the Warsaw Ghetto and later in Auschwitz.
    That the worst deportation she suffered in her life might have been to her chalet in Switzerland.
    He asks her if when as a schoolgirl she was called down to the principal's off, did that too bring back painful memories of the holocaust for her?
    Basically tells her she's a disgrace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt5fOmtJfGQ

(One of the comments underneath claims that Margaret Hodge's daughter is Deputy Editor at BBC News)
    Broadly speaking short words are best and the old words when short, are best of all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Israeli scheme to label all opponents of the ethnic-cleansing of Palestine as 'anti-semitic' has just made the word useless. Nearly every supporter of human rights is now an antisemite.

Personally I'm proud to be called antisemitic, by the new definition, though I virulantly oppose anti-Jewish stereotyping and believe in the right of the Israeli state to live in peace with all its neighbours, including a Palestinian state.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
    The Israeli scheme to label all opponents of the ethnic-cleansing of Palestine as 'anti-semitic' has just made the word useless. Nearly every supporter of human rights is now an antisemite.

Personally I'm proud to be called antisemitic, by the new definition, though I virulantly oppose anti-Jewish stereotyping and believe in the right of the Israeli state to live in peace with all its neighbours, including a Palestinian state.
    Does even one of the apologists for the Israeli state on this Forum support the establishment of an independent Palestinian state co-existing alongside an independent Israeli state with equal rights under International law. ?

Even one ?

One ?
    " I was only a puppet, and so was Ulster and Ireland, in the political game that was to get the Tory Party into power. " - Eddie "the Gun Runner" Carson, 1921

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NMunsterman View Post
    Does even one of the apologists for the Israeli state on this Forum support the establishment of an independent Palestinian state co-existing alongside an independent Israeli state with equal rights under International law. ?

Even one ?

One ?
    Why wouldn't they ? Funny to see dyed-in-the-wool Irish nationalists blather about two-state solutions.
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    Why wouldn't they ? Funny to see dyed-in-the-wool Irish nationalists blather about two-state solutions.
    Do you support the establishment of an independent Palestinian state co-existing alongside an independent Israeli state with equal rights under International law. ?

Yes or No ?

I have no problem with a one-state solution that grants equal rights under International law to both Israeli and Palestinian citizens.

Do you ?

Yes or No ?
    " I was only a puppet, and so was Ulster and Ireland, in the political game that was to get the Tory Party into power. " - Eddie "the Gun Runner" Carson, 1921

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NMunsterman View Post
    Do you support the establishment of an independent Palestinian state co-existing alongside an independent Israeli state with equal rights under International law. ?

Yes or No ?

I have no problem with a one-state solution that grants equal rights under International law to both Israeli and Palestinian citizens.

Do you ?

Yes or No ?
    I support the idea of a Palestinian state. But there's precious little evidence that Palestinians do . If it was all down to land then Gaza would be a Palestinian paradise because there's not a Jew in the place. And before you start about sieges Gaza was evacuated under an agreement between the PA, Egypt and Israel and there was no impediment to trade or self-rule in 2005.
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by users View Post
    (One of the comments underneath claims that Margaret Hodge's daughter is Deputy Editor at BBC News)
    Yep - Lizzie Watson - the BBC have repeatedly refused to outline her job title and role in the BBC but it is known that she had worked on News at 6, News at 10 and with the Andrew Marr politics programme.
    Separate Church and State

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    Yep - Lizzie Watson - the BBC have repeatedly refused to outline her job title and role in the BBC but it is known that she had worked on News at 6, News at 10 and with the Andrew Marr politics programme.
    Jews shouldn't be allowed. Anyway what's your opinion of Norman I-would-never-use-the-Holocaust-to-score-a-political-point- Finkelstein using the Holocaust to score a political point against Hodges who never mentioned the Holocaust ?

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forget about Palestine- we need after all these childish hysterics from Hodge and Rabbi Jonathan Sacks to discuss the Jewish question as it pertains to the United Kingdom. I for one am incredibly uncertain as to whether they actually believe the guff that they are coming out with or that in shrill arrogance their flexing their political muscle. Either way it is a problem. If they living in a Britain with a Prime Minister who takes the humanity of indigenous Palestinians seriously and realizes Britain's duties towards them given how She abandoned them in 1948 to people She knew full well were sadistically cruel arrogant fanatics fills them with such dread well than let them leave for the United States.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    I am firmly opposed to a two state solution and have been so for a long time. Tadgh as far as I know has never believed in a two state solution.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast