Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Emma Mhic Mhathúna dies aged 37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buttercookie View Post
    Her death will make absolutely no difference at all if you mean in relation to cervicalcheck.

The false readings number about twenty five per cent which means this programme is of limited benefit. It will identify 75 per cent of cell changes which may lead to cancer but long term even women whose cell changes are noted may go on to get cancer anyway.

This womans death is very sad because four very young children now appear to be orphans. Here goes but to me having so many children without a father in the picture and when the sole parent isnt working is foolish in the extreme. There doesnt appear to be grandparents( one Grandfather lives in the UK)or Aunts or Uncles either and this leaves the children very vulnerable.

Cancer kills lots of young mothers though and lots have cancers that there is no free screening for, at least with cervicalcheck you have some prior warning and thats down to the hard work people like Grainne Flannelly ex Director of cervicalcheck put in. If there is any hereo re cervicalcheck its Doctor Grainne Flannelly and the media drove her out.

I really object to our President and his wife attending this funeral, the State have no case to answer here so Michael D and his wife should have stayed away. The lowering of the Irish flag is very improper too but those who shout loudest make themselves heard above everyone else.

I have no words for Ryan Tubridy, he gets his five minutes of publicity while weeping crocodile tears, has he no shame.
    Ms Mhic Mhathúna did work for her local church. She was an Eucharastic minister. She attended the Papal mass in Phoenix park. Bhí sí Ghaeilgóir freisin. She never had an abortion- unlike so many others.
    Last edited by redneck; 11th October 2018 at 01:45 PM.
    Lets keep Dublin litter free- Coinnigh Atha Cliatha glán

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galteeman View Post
    Interesting it would be nice to know more about such a heroine of Ireland. What did she do for a living, was she ever married?
    She raised 5 children, and she also was a devout Christian and Gaeilgóir.
    Lets keep Dublin litter free- Coinnigh Atha Cliatha glán

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    Ms Mhic Mhathúna did work for her local church. She was an Eucharastic minister. She attended the Papal mass in Phoenix park. Bhí sé Ghaeilgóir fresin. She never had an abortion- unlike so many others.
    You spelt freisin wrong.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    Playing pol;itics with this appalling tragedy is beyond contempt--have you no sense of decency?
    None whatsoever

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post
    None whatsoever
    LOL, mushy....fair play to ya.....
    Disgusting.
    FFG. Keeping the Axis of Corruption intact!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 'contributions' from the blacked out polytunnel so far....

Indeed. It's a sort of sub-human under species. You know, the sort they can rape and then put on trial for being raped.

And always protect the gangsters that did it.
    So raping someone is ok, as long as they're a "disso"?

And you have the gall to call others perverts? Jesus wept.
    I have huge sympathy for her and her family. But I also have an uneasy feeling about all the comment now. Shame we don't have journalists who won't depart from groupthink.
    "Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    Playing pol;itics with this appalling tragedy is beyond contempt--have you no sense of decency?"

None whatsoever

Playing politics...wha????
    FFG. Keeping the Axis of Corruption intact!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tne Untermenschen have overwhelmed a thread which is dedicated to a woman doomed to die by callous bureaucrats. They should take their snarling elsewhere - perhaps to the budget and the glorious healthcare we can now anticipate.

Prof Donal Brennan, Professor of gynaecological oncology at UCD explained the whole screening situation very well this morning on Pat Kenny. It's the first item in hour 1

GDPR Consent

All tests are exercises in probability. for screening tests, here they are intended to be used in a very large population, there is a certain probability that an error (negligent or otherwise) will occur. There is also the known probability that a single person can have successive erroneous tests, and further that this person will go on to develop the disease.

This is sh!tty for the person involved, but does not represent a "catastrophic failure" of the screening programme, but rather a known consequence of imperfect systems.

Separately, i have concerns about the ongoing review of slides being conducted by the RCOG. hindsight bias is a well known phenomenon when reviews are conducted, unless specific measures are put in place to recreate the conditions which existed at the time of the original review. The RCOG reviews will almost certainly be aware that the slides are from women with confirmed cancer diagnoses, and as such makes them more sensitive to any abnormality.

it might have been better to anonymise the slides and put them back through the cervical check system to see if similar results were generated the second time around.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...sight-Bias.pdf

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KEYHOLE KATE View Post
    Tne Untermenschen have overwhelmed a thread which is dedicated to a woman doomed to die by callous bureaucrats. They should take their snarling elsewhere - perhaps to the budget and the glorious healthcare we can now anticipate.

This description in bold may turn out to be true, but until now I don't believe there has been a jot of evidence in the public domain to indicate that it is true.
    "Your vision is right, my vision is wrong, I'm sorry for smudging the air with my song"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Bureaucrats werent callous.

If they were female they would have used cervicalcheck themselves and the male bureaucrats would have had wives, daughters and sisters who would have used cervicalcheck too.

This arguement is nonsense, did people not read the Scally report.