Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: First Shots Fired In Potential Ethno-Nationalist Terrorism Feud...

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,128
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default First Shots Fired In Potential Ethno-Nationalist Terrorism Feud...

    After many decades and generations of in fighting, back stabbing and general scummery towards their own communities, are the Ethno-Nationalist Terrorists in the republican movement, about to engage in the traditional Irish republican feud...

    A gunshot was fired at the west Belfast constituency office of a Sinn Fein MLA during a paramilitary-style attack on Sunday night in which a man was left with potentially life-changing injuries.

    Sinn Fein MLA Pat Sheehan confirmed that his office was targeted during the attack and condemned those responsible.

    "The people who carried out this attack have left a man with potentially life-changing injuries," he said.

    "They then recklessly fired a shot across the road and through the window of my constituency office, endangering anyone who may have been in the vicinity. That is an attack on the democratically expressed wishes of the people of his area.

    "Sinn Fein will not be deterred by this mindless attack from providing services to the people of Turf Lodge and west Belfast. These people have nothing to offer but intimidation and mindless violence.


    Dissidents who shot man in legs then turned weapon on Sinn Fein office - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk


    Attacking the homes of Adams and Storey underlines the fact that the real target here is the Provisional movement, assuming that dissident republicans are involved there as in Derry.

    That's how it works in the whole Fenian tradition. Pearse led his men to war in O'Connell Street not primarily to overthrow British rule - an impossible goal for so small an army - but to undermine and usurp the nationalism of John Redmond.

    The Provisional IRA campaign was similarly concerned to humiliate and destroy the SDLP.

    The historic precedent for the attack on the home of Adams is the attack on the home of SDLP leader Gerry Fitt by the Provisionals and similar attacks on Joe Hendron and Alban Maginness.


    Malachi Ot have feud with mainstream republicans before Friday, they might have one now - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk


    http://www.cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/vi.../feudchron.htm
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member AhNowStop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    7,219
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    After many decades and generations of in fighting, back stabbing and general scummery towards their own communities, are the Ethno-Nationalist Terrorists in the republican movement, about to engage in the traditional Irish republican feud...

    A gunshot was fired at the west Belfast constituency office of a Sinn Fein MLA during a paramilitary-style attack on Sunday night in which a man was left with potentially life-changing injuries.

    Sinn Fein MLA Pat Sheehan confirmed that his office was targeted during the attack and condemned those responsible.

    "The people who carried out this attack have left a man with potentially life-changing injuries," he said.

    "They then recklessly fired a shot across the road and through the window of my constituency office, endangering anyone who may have been in the vicinity. That is an attack on the democratically expressed wishes of the people of his area.

    "Sinn Fein will not be deterred by this mindless attack from providing services to the people of Turf Lodge and west Belfast. These people have nothing to offer but intimidation and mindless violence.


    Dissidents who shot man in legs then turned weapon on Sinn Fein office - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk


    Attacking the homes of Adams and Storey underlines the fact that the real target here is the Provisional movement, assuming that dissident republicans are involved there as in Derry.

    That's how it works in the whole Fenian tradition. Pearse led his men to war in O'Connell Street not primarily to overthrow British rule - an impossible goal for so small an army - but to undermine and usurp the nationalism of John Redmond.

    The Provisional IRA campaign was similarly concerned to humiliate and destroy the SDLP.

    The historic precedent for the attack on the home of Adams is the attack on the home of SDLP leader Gerry Fitt by the Provisionals and similar attacks on Joe Hendron and Alban Maginness.


    Malachi Ot have feud with mainstream republicans before Friday, they might have one now - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk


    http://www.cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/vi.../feudchron.htm


    Good man beneath the bridges, glad to see you clearly pointing out just how opposed to dissidents & violence in general SF are .. It really is good to see you finally turn that corner...

    Isnt it a pity that the DUP dont condemn the UDA/UVF for their internal feuding drug related murders etc... but would rather cosy up to them and campaign for votes with them and ask their opinions on potential stormont deals as was the case in February....

    Anyway, glad to see you showing a bit of sense, decency and pragmatism .... there's hope for ye yet son

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,128
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhNowStop View Post
    Good man beneath the bridges, glad to see you clearly pointing out just how opposed to dissidents & violence in general SF are .. It really is good to see you finally turn that corner...

    Isnt it a pity that the DUP dont condemn the UDA/UVF for their internal feuding drug related murders etc... but would rather cosy up to them and campaign for votes with them and ask their opinions on potential stormont deals as was the case in February....

    Anyway, glad to see you showing a bit of sense, decency and pragmatism .... there's hope for ye yet son
    Shin Flake And The Save The Disso Campaign.

    Next...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member AhNowStop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    7,219
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    yet another profoundly stupid attempt at equivocation .. ffs re-read your own post you complete numpty

    Seriously, you're a good lad for starting this thread & pointing out just how much SF detest the Dissidents ....

    as I say, tis a pity the DUP didnt think that way about the UDA, UVF etc....



    Im beginning to think you & Lennie the dog are the same person .... you're both as thick as champ and cant seem to stop creating threads that quickly backfire on you and make you look like the bigoted cretins you are ... tis no wonder loyalism is fooked

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,128
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Sf/Ra drone in deflection mode tis always amusing...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Have unionist terrorists been ruled out?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,128
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    Have unionist terrorists been ruled out?
    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Sf/Ra drone in deflection mode tis always amusing...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member AhNowStop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    7,219
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Sf/Ra drone in deflection mode tis always amusing...
    lol ..... why would I have to deflect from your perfect Opening Post which CLEARLY outlines how much SF are against the dissidents ...

    ffs, can you not even decipher the meaning of your own words ... you really are a awful fool !

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,128
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhNowStop View Post
    lol ..... why would I have to deflect from your perfect Opening Post which CLEARLY outlines how much SF are against the dissidents ...

    ffs, can you not even decipher the meaning of your own words ... you really are a awful fool !
    So ye agree the Potential Ethno-Nationalist Terrorism Feud is a reality, cheers...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Glens of Antrim Coven
    Posts
    79,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    SF is not an ethno-nationalist party and throwing round phrases you don't understand only reveals your ignorance, Bridges.

    As many right wing posters on here like to point out, ad nauseam, SF's support for the EU, free movement of peoples, immigration and the principles of the GFA mean they cannot be called ethno-nationalists. Whether you think that is a good thing or a bad thing depends entirely on your viewpoint.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •