Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The invasion that wiped out every man in Spain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The invasion that wiped out every man in Spain

Interesting new research throws light on the invasion of Iberia by the Indo-Europeans(Yamnaya) 4,500 years ago. It is inferred that all existing males in Iberia were wiped out by the invaders. This suggests a stunning level of violence by these Indo-European invaders. And it is known that they spread their language over nearly all of Europe.
    The invasion that wiped out every man from Spain 4,500 years ago
    the descendants of these people reached the Iberian peninsula and wiped out the local men, according to new research by a team of international scientists.
    Yamna culture: The invasion that wiped out every man from Spain 4,500 years ago | In English | EL PAS

The only puzzle here is that the Basque language is generally reckoned to be pre-Indo-European in origin, and yet it survived. I suppose the only explanation is that the language was handed on by females to their children.
    Click an ad a day on politics.ie

The fence, the capital, the other bits and occasionally the foreign bits
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
    Interesting new research throws light on the invasion of Iberia by the Indo-Europeans(Yamnaya) 4,500 years ago. It is inferred that all existing males in Iberia were wiped out by the invaders. This suggests a stunning level of violence by these Indo-European invaders. And it is known that they spread their language over nearly all of Europe. Yamna culture: The invasion that wiped out every man from Spain 4,500 years ago | In English | EL PAS

The only puzzle here is that the Basque language is generally reckoned to be pre-Indo-European in origin, and yet it survived. I suppose the only explanation is that the language was handed on by females to their children.
    Or possibly that the basque population moved south (remember that part of the Basque Country is actually in France) after the invasion.
    Belofte maakt schuld.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I was reading about that, quite an extraordinary event, or maybe not, they wiped all the males but not the females, any mention of male children?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthisfree View Post
    Yes, I was reading about that, quite an extraordinary event, or maybe not, they wiped all the males but not the females, any mention of male children?
    They almost certainly did not wipe out the females-they bred with them.
    Click an ad a day on politics.ie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting new research throws light on the invasion of Iberia by the Indo-Europeans(Yamnaya) 4,500 years ago. It is inferred that all existing males in Iberia were wiped out by the invaders. This suggests a stunning level of violence by these Indo-European invaders. And it is known that they spread their language over nearly all of Europe. Yamna culture: The invasion that wiped out every man from Spain 4,500 years ago | In English | EL PAS

Likewise our language and brehon law were yamnayan, and our genes "replaced" (lovely word) 80% of the population. Now I look at newgrange, and instead of thinking "we built that", it's "nice try, losers".

Check out David Reich's book -

Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past: David Reich: 9781101870327: Amazon.com: Books
    McTell tCurrently, I am missing certain information. That has been requested and will be added as soon as it is available available availableavailable

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pinch of salt. I remember when "established science" was that the Neanderthals were the victims of a huge genocide by homo sapiens sapiens. It is not now.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

this book, Genome by Matt Ridley also talks of an annihilation in Denmark, if i recall correctly.

Not mentioned in any history stories, nor mythology nor nothing....but there it is in the DNA evidence.

All the blokes getting replaced by other newcomer blokes. Sounds familiar. Now where have we witnessed that more recently ?

Genome: the Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters by Matt Ridley
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Newgrange View Post
    this book, Genome by Matt Ridley also talks of an annihilation in Denmark, if i recall correctly.

Not mentioned in any history stories, nor mythology nor nothing....but there it is in the DNA evidence.

All the blokes getting replaced by other newcomer blokes. Sounds familiar. Now where have we witnessed that more recently ?

Genome: the Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters by Matt Ridley

We don't know enough about the human genome to say entire populations of males were replaced by others.

And even if they were, so what?
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fascinating, thank you.

It is very likely that a similar event occurred in Ireland, the aboriginal post-glacial population all but exterminated by so-called "Celtic" invaders.
    MAKE DUBLIN GREAT AGAIN

Invasions , wars, colonisations, land-grabs etc.

What often starts out as Politics often ends up as genes. Look at what the Moors did to Spain from the seventh century, or what the Spanish then did to (what is now called) Latin America ?

The brits did to Australia ( or ireland indeed), and what Gengis Khan managed to do to 10% of the modern Chinese Population.

Talk about casting a long shadow.

When Mickey Rourke played baddie Hyperion in the movie 'Immortals' his evil goal was to replace much of the population with his own seed.
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast