Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mayo next GE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peader odonnell View Post
    Is that Mary Burke(Robinson)The Snob on the Hill from Ballina?
    Shes BOurke
    you ignoramous

Mac William ├ochtar - Wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clanricarde
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round tower View Post
    Dillons family has being involved in FG for a long time, if there is no GE before next May when the LE and the EE are due to be held he can seek the FG nomination to contest the LE in the Castlebar area. As for people who vote for a candidate because of they played for their county, it's more of GAA people who will support him because he is ex-county and canvass with him even though they would be normaly be FF people. It's not only FG, FF has had a couple as well.
    The same could be said of SF who on both in the ROI and NI have convicted IRA terorists in their ranks, would u not say if they were not IRA people that the people would not vote for them
    You must be wearing a poppy

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WayOutWest View Post
    You must be wearing a poppy
    No i would never or wear a Lilly as i have lived in Mayo all my life as i would love to see an UI by peacefull means not by shooting and bombing

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    Bet you got off on that post Oh Pedantic One .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No i would never or wear a Lilly as i have lived in Mayo all my life as i would love to see an UI by peacefull means not by shooting and bombing
    I agree with you on that

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some of your terminology was what you would expect from a unionist or Tory or a FG Taoiseach.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some of your terminology was what you would expect from a unionist or Tory or a FG Taoiseach.
    To what parts of his terminology do you object?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jimmy Foley aka Mange claims to be from Mayo.......where is he?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergo2 View Post
    To what parts of his terminology do you object?
    Many of the ‘Convicted terrorist’ were convicted in the Diplock Courts which were set up as an alternative to the failed internment without trial system to give the impression that proper justice existed. While many who deserved to be convicted got their punishment how many others got unwarranted convictions and some never got punished. What we now call the Provos came as a direct response to attacks on nationalists and on their homes. How many joined this new group in order to defend themselves and their community without ever having any long term political aims. Many people got categorized as terrorists for simply opposing the system. Some of most brutal acts of violence were committed by many during the the conflict, acts that some of the perpetrators of these crimes still sadly feel they can be justified.
    I feel many down south don’t understand what happened up north and some of the comments by politicians in the Dail often confirm that impression.
    During my above rambling I got thinking of Brexit and the DUP insistence that NI cannot be treated differently from Britain. For half a century NI was the place discrimination thrived, be it voting , housing, jobs etc, practices that would never be allowed in Britain. Did the Unionists complain about the differences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Many of the ‘Convicted terrorist’ were convicted in the Diplock Courts which were set up as an alternative to the failed internment without trial system to give the impression that proper justice existed. While many who deserved to be convicted got their punishment how many others got unwarranted convictions and some never got punished. What we now call the Provos came as a direct response to attacks on nationalists and on their homes. How many joined this new group in order to defend themselves and their community without ever having any long term political aims. Many people got categorized as terrorists for simply opposing the system. Some of most brutal acts of violence were committed by many during the the conflict, acts that some of the perpetrators of these crimes still sadly feel they can be justified.
    I feel many down south don’t understand what happened up north and some of the comments by politicians in the Dail often confirm that impression.
    During my above rambling I got thinking of Brexit and the DUP insistence that NI cannot be treated differently from Britain. For half a century NI was the place discrimination thrived, be it voting , housing, jobs etc, practices that would never be allowed in Britain. Did the Unionists complain about the differences.
    Exactly, and the gas thing is, with statements like these unionists don't see how they are handing SF a chance to point out such and remind the younger fenians what things were like as their parents tell them and would be like again if the unionism got half a chance . Continue poking the nationalist bear Arlene !

And as for convicted 'terrorists', Irish history had plenty of them as the FG/FF/LPers like to pretend didn't happen !!

image.jpg
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast