Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Unification or Relocation

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Exhibit A M'Lord...
    What are you blithering on about this time?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    What would the terms be?

That the person/family takes the money and agrees never to move back to the united Ireland?

I can see some of the shysters in the nationalist element of the NI population applying for this with the intention of eventually coming back to the united Ireland.

I'd be amazed if either government would be capable of tracking anything after the money had been paid and the initial relocation had taken place.
    and the folks who prefer the half crown to the crown would never be tempted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    I find Karen Bradley's appointment as NI SoS very insulting and I think NI unionists should be even doubly insulted by this appointment. Basically the UK have said, "here's an intern from our back to education program to help solve your complex, long running feude". Surly unionists must think, 'right this lot couldn't give a hoot'.
    I think you're missing the point. Pig ignorant NI Secretaries of State are the rule as long as I can remember.

But now they are just part of the overall architecture creating a slipway into a reunited Ireland. Where the unionists go? I honestly couldn't give a toss.

A more meaningful question is what steps are the Irish army taking to conduct the operations required in association with reunification.

The British will have no appetite to sustain Rhodesia Nua. The unionists *will* indulge in a spell of guerrilla warfare. It is essential that the Army are equipped and trained to meet the challenge. The best war is a quick war, so they will need to guard against any misplaced squeamishness.
    We are all born mad. Some remain so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Estragon View Post
    I think you're missing the point. Pig ignorant NI Secretaries of State are the rule as long as I can remember.

But now they are just part of the overall architecture creating a slipway into a reunited Ireland. Where the unionists go? I honestly couldn't give a toss.

A more meaningful question is what steps are the Irish army taking to conduct the operations required in association with reunification.

The British will have no appetite to sustain Rhodesia Nua. The unionists *will* indulge in a spell of guerrilla warfare. It is essential that the Army are equipped and trained to meet the challenge. The best war is a quick war, so they will need to guard against any misplaced squeamishness.
    I disagree. The world has moved on. Can't see there being much more that civil disorder. Best to treat with kid gloves and let it fizzle out. The OO/British Army went in hard, shot civilians and brutalised the catholic population and in doing so created the IRA and a very long war where they lost thousands without any military success. We should never make the same mistake.
    Bringing reconciliation, mutual respect and cross community understanding to Northern Ireland through facts

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    I disagree. The world has moved on. Can't see there being much more that civil disorder. Best to treat with kid gloves and let it fizzle out. The OO/British Army went in hard, shot civilians and brutalised the catholic population and in doing so created the IRA and a very long war where they lost thousands without any military success. We should never make the same mistake.
    I think Niall, you may be right on this, some civil disorder from the sink estates. I believe this will fizzle out if handled in the way you suggest.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

'We' says the keyboard warrior from London, Lmfao...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bang bang View Post
    I think .
    Did it hurt?...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    'We' says the keyboard warrior from London, Lmfao...
    You sound disappointed that there would not be a violent rampage by your fellow PUL neighbours?
    Bringing reconciliation, mutual respect and cross community understanding to Northern Ireland through facts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You sound disappointed that there would not be a violent rampage by your fellow PUL neighbours?
    Nah just lmfao at you acting as if you'd do anything about it if there was...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bang bang View Post
    I think Niall, you may be right on this, some civil disorder from the sink estates. I believe this will fizzle out if handled in the way you suggest.

No disorder sir as the price of gas, to make the firebombs, will be beyond their finances after Brexit