Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tken Down: Propaganda masquerading as drama

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Telstar 62 View Post
    Didn't see the programme - but Direct Provision is an abomination.

It's literally government-sponsored racism.

Let the people work and make a contribution, ffs.

Sure, Carolan is your usual luvvie leftist ( very fond of Arabs/Muslims and probably 'Palestine' )
    but he's not wrong on Direct Provision.

As to whether it's entertaining, I may get a chance to see some of it at a later stage.
    It's not an abomination. What is an abomination is that Direct Provision is mostly full of people who are economic migrants and not genuine asylum seekers. Most of them are there so long because they keep appealing. Many of them are illiterate. Where do we house them? What work will they do? Who wants to employ illiterate innumerate people who may very well be terrorists or who may have committed atrocities like rape and murder back home? Our asylum laws have been abused for years now. We are literally chauffeuring Africans from our airports to Direct Provision, providing them with a roof over their heads, 3 meals a day, clothes on their backs, medical cards, free travel passes and free medical treatment as well as education.

When they are given asylum here they get to bring their parents here and the elderly are entitled to a full Irish pension yet an Irish person who is has worked most of their lives but who is short a few stamps won't be entitled to a full pension. Fook all of the African asylum seekers back home and spend the money on the people of Ireland I'm sick and fooking tired of these parasites.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagertha View Post
    Fook all of the African asylum seekers back home and spend the money on the people of Ireland I'm sick and fooking tired of these parasites.
    We all know you don't like black people. I bet you were furious when Paul McGrath started playing for Ireland.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this programme was probably sanctioned by the same genius who thinks Amie Who? Berman is a talented writer and deserves to have her dross afflicted on the country.I'd rather if RTÉ ran a Movies4Men type of schedule , thrillers,westerns including spaghetti badly dubbed westerns than produce "Muck as this one is".I don't watch any series on RTÉ including that overrated,overhyped dross Love/Hate.I'd rather watch paint drying and listen to jacdaws calling on the roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are literally chauffeuring Africans from our airports to Direct Provision, providing them with a roof over their heads, 3 meals a day, clothes on their backs, medical cards, free travel passes and free medical treatment as well as education.
    Not true as even a basic google search could have told you.

When they are given asylum here they get to bring their parents here and the elderly are entitled to a full Irish pension yet an Irish person who is has worked most of their lives but who is short a few stamps won't be entitled to a full pension.
    Link to back his up?

Fook all of the African asylum seekers back home and spend the money on the people of Ireland I'm sick and fooking tired of these parasites.
    There is little thing called responsibility. We have it towards those fleeing persecution and death. Genuine ones.

Politics.ie Member Degeneration X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I don't know if anyone watched this last night but if you did I'd like to know your thoughts. For me it was thinly disguised leftists open borders type propaganda. The poor immigrants are living in direct provision and it is portrayed as awful with the manger played by Brian Gleeson who is bumbling and absent minded. All the male Guards are racist boors and all the female Guards are nice thoughtful and intelligent. The main female Guard has a suitably right on working class Dublin accent. The good guys and bad guys are paper cut out characters. Is these really the best RTE can do? Needless to say the IT loved it Taken Down: New crime drama puts direct provision in the dock The "review" starts with ................ And to think this poor man's BBC is looking for more of your hard earned Euro.
    It's pretty weak source and I think these guys were one hit wonders with Love/Hate, imho.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Link to back his up?

There is little thing called responsibility. We have it towards those fleeing persecution and death. Genuine ones.
    Genuine ones don't have to make it to Ireland before they can claim Asylum
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    We all know you don't like black people. I bet you were furious when Paul McGrath started playing for Ireland.
    Then you've got it wrong. I don't dislike black people. There are aspects of black culture, which are comparable with Traveler culture, that I don't like. I've no interest in football or Paul McGrath. You really are bad at this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Link to back his up?

Oh pull the other one. They are scam artists and you know it. All the virtue signalling in the world won't change that but all that really matters to people like you is the likes that you get for your posts and the backslapping you and your pals do in Starbucks over a soy latte congratulating each other on how ''woke'' you all are.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then you've got it wrong. I don't dislike black people. There are aspects of black culture, which are comparable with Traveler culture, that I don't like. I've no interest in football or Paul McGrath. You really are bad at this.
    What would those aspects be ?

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Maybe it needs more money to make better drama
    The issue is discipline, productivity and ability to identify talent and employ it appropriately. All more seriously lacking in RTE than funding imo.