Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sessions is gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sessions is gone

Jeff Sessions Resigns As Attorney General At President Trumps Request | HuffPost

Jeff Sessions has handed in his resignation at Trumps request. This was on the cards but the timing is surely designed to take away discussion of mid terms.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Jeff Sessions Resigns As Attorney General At President Trumps Request | HuffPost

Jeff Sessions has handed in his resignation at Trumps request. This was on the cards but the timing is surely designed to take away discussion of mid terms.
    CNN have said they spoke with Giuliani and asked him would Trump now close the investigation, Giuliani said "yes I think he will, it's gone on long enough"

Jim Acosta asked Trump at WH today "was he concerned about rumoured pending indictments"
    the rumours are that Junior is included in them.

I know there have been false dawns but emboldened by 4 extra senators, and two dissenters retired, I firmly believe Trump is going to now gamble and try to shut the whole thing down
    And I firmly believe the likes of Lindsay Graham and other GOP senators who have warned him not to do so, will roll over and allow him to do so.

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DOJ has rules of succession in case of dismissal / firing, and the Acting AG should be the #2, Rosenstein. But in case of resignations, there is another act under which the president can appoint someone else qualified. This is why Cheeto appointed Whitaker, Sessions' Chief of Staff, who is on record as saying there should never have been a Special Counsel investigation.

Commentators speculate the wording of the resignation "at your request" amounts to a dismissal / firing. Therefore, it isn't exactly legal to appoint Whittaker. But Cheeto will do what he wants and it's debatable if anything can be done even if it's illegal.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wasn’t Sessions leading the investigation into Hillary’s Russian links?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post

Inevitable but probably quicker than expected.
    Politics.ie - from 'Ireland's leading politics and current affairs website' to predominantly an echo chamber of bigots, islamophobes and racists....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    CNN have said they spoke with Giuliani and asked him would Trump now close the investigation, Giuliani said "yes I think he will, it's gone on long enough"
    Link? Because this is all I see on twitter and nothing shows up on google for that quote.

Rudy Giuliani told CNN re the Muller investigation: "Its gone on this long, I can't imagine he will end it now."

You wouldn't be making things up again would you?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NBC and Bloomberg now reporting that Rod Rosenstein has been pulled off oversight of Mueller probe.
    Plotting the witchcraft with my cats.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Whittaker will now do anything to limit the scope of the investigation and reduce the budget in order to protect Trumpski.

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Gotta love politics..

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast