Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Carbon at €470/tonne - how do we pay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

13.9 Bn p.a. sez that farming will carry on much the same.

Agriculture in Ireland - Teagasc | Agriculture and Food Development Authority

Yes it's shameful that the Great British Pleb buys our ready-made pizzas just because they're cheap. With a warmer climate we will be growing europe's wines in 50 years. Smell the rosιs.
    McTell tCurrently, I am missing certain information. That has been requested and will be added as soon as it is available available availableavailable

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I don't see the connection.
    And if you think its easier to replace coal than find alternatives for beef, I can't help you any more than I have.
    However, banks know they have a duty of care to their clients and I'm sure that this should prevent them lending irresponsibly.

George Lee 2 June 2006

Ziggy

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McTell View Post
    13.9 Bn p.a. sez that farming will carry on much the same.
    Just to know, Teagasc include the wages of the staff of Tesco; the salient point is to notice the low contribution of primary agriculture.

What will disrupt our food sector is Brexit. Climate would be a good reason to look at our food security. Brexit could just leave us with a whole load of beef that no one needs.
    However, banks know they have a duty of care to their clients and I'm sure that this should prevent them lending irresponsibly.

George Lee 2 June 2006

Ziggy

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I guess you have decided that you know more about Irish agriculture than those who study it which is fine but its not going to convince many others. There are some areas of food production which can be done well in Ireland such as dairying and some which can't such as growing wheat. We import a lot of processed food from the UK but that has little to do with food growing and a lot more to do with consumerism. Its questionable as to whether its more productive to raise beef in Argentina than in Ireland when shipping costs are added in but I doubt clearing rain forests in Brazil or Queensland is a more effective way to combat climate change than leaving the Irish cattle herd as it is.
    There is also the question that there is strict quality control over Irish Beef production. It can be painful for those caught breaking the rules. Cavan beef farmer fined over possession of animal antibiotics | Ireland | The Sunday Times

I wonder will there be such comments as Sctupgart makes when his daughter is growing a beard.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schuhart View Post
    Your posts on wind farms are interesting.

Other times, you are simply retarded.
    Take our consumption of mustard to eat with the beef. I grew it in my garden. It is lovely, small grains, we will never be stuck for that. We can live without lots of the imported fruit, its a luxury. Wine, we were better off without it, making piss pots out of us. My sister makes it from elderberries. Museli, we have porridge. We can buy porridge from Scotland too.

I am been called a retard, which is an offensive term for genuinely retarded people, many of whom are my friends. Posters have been banned for using that term.

Once our people have clean water, sugar (we closed that industry down), bread, beef, lamb, chicken, and fish from our ample oceans, Apples from Armagh,

Our people have milk, butter, porridge,potatoes by the ton, lovely cabbage, onions, leeks, turnips, carrots, beetroot, hen eggs, goose eggs, duck eggs, ducks, geese, pork by the ship load , blackberries, plumbs, cheese, rabbit, pheasant, woodcock, mallard,

We have some honey, admittedly not enough

All we need to import is fuel, wheat, rice and certain timber. Tea and coffee. (African farmers are keen to sell us chocolate and coffee, but the EU banned it). Schuptard is a silly poster, he/she is not on the same planet is the rest of us.He's a friggin nut case.

The lefties are whinging about Ireland not producing its own food when they support importing celery from Israel on a jet plane. Emitting tons of co2 in the process.
    Last edited by valamhic; 6th December 2018 at 10:33 AM.

Politics.ie Member Jack O Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Take our consumption of mustard to eat with the beef. I grew it in my garden. It is lovely, small grains, we will never be stuck for that. We can live without lots of the imported fruit, its a luxury. Wine, we were better off without it, making piss pots out of us. Museli, we have porridge. We can buy porriage from Scotland too.

I am been called a retard, which is an offensive term for genuinely restarted people, many of whom are my friends. Posters have been banned for using that term. If our people had clean water, sugar (we closed that industry down), bread, beef, lamb, chicken, and fish from our ample oceans, Apples from Armagh,

Our people have milk, butter, porridge,potatoes by the ton, lovely cabbage, onions, leeks, turnips, carrots, beetroot, hen eggs, goose eggs, duck eggs, ducks, geese, pork, blackberries, plumbs, cheese, rabbit, pheasant, woodcock, mallard,

We have some honey, admittedly not enough

All we need to import is fuel, wheat, rice and certain timber. Schuptard is a silly poster, he/she is not on the same plannet is the rest of us.
    indeed , or he may just be one of the people whose taxes buys your meat for your mustard seeds . pie may not know your history but i do

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O Neill View Post
    indeed , or he may just be one of the people whose taxes buys your meat for your mustard seeds . pie may not know your history but i do
    I buy my own meat from my local butcher and I pay him for it. You must be on another planet where you get it free, or in an institution where you also get it free.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McTell View Post
    Households could see bills rise by €3,000 if Govt fails to meet climate change targets | Irish Examiner

Households face a €3,000 carbon tax bill unless measures are brought in by the Government to tackle emissions and climate change.

A new ESRI report says that carbon tax will have to increase from €20 per tonne today to €470 by 2030 in order for Ireland to meet its targets.

With the booming economy, most of us won't have a problem paying 3k in 2030; or will we?

Should we fire staff at the peat fired power stations?

Should the state stop writing blank cheques on our behalf, until they at least have a plan to make our payments as small as possible?
    Time to dust down our yellow vests.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why should Ireland worry about carbon fines,they had n hand act of part in setting them and the French has abandoned carbon taxes following President Trump's example?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schuhart View Post
    And if you think its easier to replace coal than find alternatives for beef, I can't help you any more than I have.
    There is not much problem finding an alternative for beef. Switch to lamb, bacon and poultry. Just ban beef. We can eat chocolate, Tayo chrisps. biscuits. A lot of young children are on such a diet because their mothers can't cook.

In the case of coal Ireland is not using any now for electricity generation. We have switched to gas and burning waste. Its just a matter using electricity, gas, peat and timber for heating. If I were in charge, I would not bother, but if the world is going to fry, then do it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567