Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 825

Thread: Is France Falling Apart Thread?

  1. #281
    Politics.ie Member Clanrickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Last outpost of freedom
    Posts
    32,053
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Have the links between the Yellow Jackets, ISIS and the terrorists trying to get over the wall from Mexico to the United States been proven on alt-right TV yet?
    Terror and the Mexico border: How big a threat? - CSMonitor.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Grin and don't bear it. View Post
    Macron got elected because the favourite Fillon was caught arranging for his wife to have a no-show parliamentary job. He would have won hands down as La Pen and her policies were seen as rough around the edges. The establishment sneaked in the "outsider" Macron much to joy of the EU and the international corporate banks, media etc.
    The inevitable happened and severe buyers remorse has set in plus an embarrassment about being had.
    Macron was not an establishment candidate. A basic knowledge of French politics would have stopped you posting this.

  2. #282
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9,777
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surkov View Post
    Utter cipher-cut from the same type of fake recycled fabric as our own Leotard-what they lack in substance, they make up for with spin. Plonker won't diss Trump again in a hurry

  3. #283
    Witch petaljam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Coven
    Posts
    30,496
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Macron was not an establishment candidate. A basic knowledge of French politics would have stopped you posting this.
    Well. He was marketed as an outsider, for sure, and he certainly had no clear political allegiances (aka he cynically exploited the party in power to make himself a name before setting up his own stall - which is fair enough I suppose) but to call him an outsider to the establishment is really pushing it.

    He's not a traditional political candidate, but he's an establishment insider through and through.
    KOBO

  4. #284
    Politics.ie Member LISTOWEL MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    Things as they should be. The government fearing the people.
    sounds like SF IRA

  5. #285

    Default

    Yellow vests movement - Wikipedia
    Trying to get a handle on this one. It seems that the "Gilets Jaunes" were organized on social media, don't have party political connections and it's basically all about the fuel-tax hike on diesl.
    The govt wanted to raise the tax so as to reduce global warming/climate change -- at least that's the official govt PR line, if you are into believing that sort of thing.

    {it's sad the way trust and credibility in Institutions has gone of late}

    Fascinating phenomenon of how an ad hoc protest movement can sprout legs and grow wings with the use of modern social media. I can recall the first time this happened, I think it was called the battle of Seattle back in the 90s. But it was a collection of well-organized splinter lobbies who came out to battle the G9 or G10 or G something and get maximum publicity fighting police.

    It seems that the "New Irish" also use social media to organize their rioting in North Dublin and that.
    The anti water charges movement... well they had the backing and organization of many of the opposition parties.
    Sign of the times. We are in the social-media-ocracy age, I guess.
    Last edited by yosef shompeter; 6th December 2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Someone should make a movie about this place.

  6. #286
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Under the big log outside Tullybarna
    Posts
    24,278
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Terror and the Mexico border: How big a threat? - CSMonitor.com



    Macron was not an establishment candidate. A basic knowledge of French politics would have stopped you posting this.
    Mm. Rothschild et Cie are of course famous for hiring anti-establishment subversives.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

  7. #287
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Under the big log outside Tullybarna
    Posts
    24,278
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yosef shompeter View Post
    Yellow vests movement - Wikipedia
    Trying to get a handle on this one. It seems that the "Gilets Jaunes" were organized on social media, don't have party political connections and it's basically all about the fuel-tax hike on diesl.
    The govt wanted to raise the tax so as to reduce global warming/climate change -- at least that's the official govt PR line, if you are into believing that sort of thing.

    {it's sad the way trust and credibility in Institutions has gone of late}

    Fascinating phenomenon of how an ad hoc protest movement can sprout legs and grow wings with the use of modern social media. I can recall the first time this happened, I think it was called the battle of Seattle back in the 90s. But it was a collection of well-organized splinter lobbies who came out to battle the G9 or G10 or G something and get maximum publicity fighting police.

    It seems that the "New Irish" also use social media to organize their rioting in North Dublin and that.
    The anti water charges movement... well they had the backing and organization of many of the opposition parties.
    Sign of the times. We are in the social-media-ocracy age, I guess.
    It was a major factor in the outbreaks of civil upheaval which saw Mubarak deposed in Egypt and considerable unrest across North Africa as well.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

  8. #288
    Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    24,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Did anyone see our very own PBP twats showing 'solidarity' with les jilets jaunes by putting on yellow hi-vis jackets?

    Like these controlled opposition globalist commies have anything in common with genuine populists.
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

  9. #289
    Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    24,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surkov View Post
    Macrons approval ratings are shockingly low. And yet he remains so very arrogant. Well, until dropping to his knees this week.
    77% disapproval rating. Wow..
    "Criticising the EU in Ireland in the 2010's is like criticising the Catholic Church in the 1950s. You run the risk of being lynched by brainwashed fanatics." - Volatire

  10. #290
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,018
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Terror and the Mexico border: How big a threat? - CSMonitor.com



    Macron was not an establishment candidate. A basic knowledge of French politics would have stopped you posting this.
    Yes graduates of École nationale d'administration who then go on to be Merchant Bankers for the Rothschilds are well known to to be revolutionaries and radicals

    Who do you suggest was the Establishment candidate ..Le Pen ?
    Is there any Incompetence Scandal or Corruption that would actually make the Irish electorate wake up ....It seems not, so screw em

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •