Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 133

Thread: Can you twerk?

  1. #31
    Politics.ie Member truthisfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    5,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Actually, if it had been a man, you could argue that it was a joke. As it was it was appalling.

    I've never been a fan of the "apply it to the other sex" argument. Just because the sexes are in a sense complementary, it doesn't mean they're perfectly symmetrical.
    Why? Because it makes so much look biased..? It was meant as a joke...what is your point?

  2. #32
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ireniall View Post
    Seriously?
    The poster to which I responded, suggested the woman should have assaulted the guy. I dont think violence is an appropriate response for either a male or female. So yes, seriously.

  3. #33
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Actually, if it had been a man, you could argue that it was a joke. As it was it was appalling.

    I've never been a fan of the "apply it to the other sex" argument. Just because the sexes are in a sense complementary, it doesn't mean they're perfectly symmetrical.
    My 'would it be ok if the situation were reversed' comment did not concern the twerk question. It was in response to a suggestion the woman should have head butted the male presenter.

  4. #34
    Politics.ie Member truthisfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    5,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post
    My 'would it be ok if the situation were reversed' comment did not concern the twerk question. It was in response to a suggestion the woman should have head butted the male presenter.
    Gonna be tricky explain this to the opposite sex, they just don't get it!

  5. #35
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    He was the DJ who made a stupid joke about dancing with her after to a Sinatra song or something, cop on.
    My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks

  6. #36
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,346
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Every now and then you see something in the news and it just makes you want to cringe. This presenter wasn't just cringeworthy from the female point of view but also from the male point of view.

    WTF was in his head that he should demean why the woman was there in such a way?

    Sometimes... well, the only comfort there is that the presenter's days of presenting such high level events are pretty much over. His name will be mud now for any similar job.
    Yeah the Twerk thing was Dumb ?

    He had asked the Male Players if they would dance as well earlier ? Pratt does something stupid , forgot to put his brain in gear .

    On the plus side womens football got coverage it would otherwise never have had .

  7. #37
    Politics.ie Member Sync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    27,794
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    So your point is that you're a pathetic right-wing troll who resents women?

    Duly noted.
    His point seems to be that only people engaged in very successful sports deserve to be treated with respect.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

  8. #38
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    I've never attended a football match in my life you silly troll.

    What's your point?
    That you have never heard of the event or the lady and would never have done had the chap not made his silly comment but now in a effort to curry favour from your fellow virtue signalers you are feigning outrage child.

    Stick it up on facebook and run along now like a good lad.

  9. #39
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    His point seems to be that only people engaged in very successful sports deserve to be treated with respect.
    Cant believe p.ie stopped allowing you and your little friend to engage in mutual liking.

    The comment was silly but it has drawn attention to an event that you and your little friend would never have heard of had he not made the comment. A significant number of people now know that there is a Baloon D'or for women then did previously.

    Why dont you and your little friend go to a few womens football games, take a few pics and share it on social media to show off your right on credentials ! Put some heading about "the patriarchy " on it. Good lad.

  10. #40
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Yeah the Twerk thing was Dumb ?

    He had asked the Male Players if they would dance as well earlier ? Pratt does something stupid , forgot to put his brain in gear .

    On the plus side womens football got coverage it would otherwise never have had .
    Exactly, had a marketing company come up with the idea they would be delighted !!!! wink wink

    Amusing that the virtue signalers predictable outrage is now being harnessed as a marketing tool. Brilliant.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •