Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: " Mrs Foster : "deal with the fatal flaws in the Withdrawal Agreement"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mac tíre View Post
    No need to. The British are getting their shíts kicked in in all of this. By themselves.

That together with the fact their government, opposition parties and their Joe public are deeply divided in all of this......all caused by a small number of greedy Tories who dread the new European tax laws they are introducing this year which will curtail their tax avoidance and the 10 bigots of the DUP who simply detest anything Catholic/Irish/equality forall.

Disgusting and pathetic, Ireland and the EU need to take a stronger line with these AH's who appear to be intent on a scorched Earth policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    I foresee an Eire back down as imminent.

All the EU leaders who spoke gave me their absolute support in standing behind Ireland, and saying that an agreement that doesn’t work for Ireland doesn’t work for the EU. I am leaving here very reassured,” Mr Varadkar said.

Brexit summit: Varadkar ‘reassured’ of EU backing

Politics.ie Member death or glory's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    All the EU leaders who spoke gave me their absolute support in standing behind Ireland, and saying that an agreement that doesn’t work for Ireland doesn’t work for the EU. I am leaving here very reassured,” Mr Varadkar said.

Brexit summit: Varadkar ‘reassured’ of EU backing
    Those are the boys who will make Eire have a hard border when there is no deal.
    I'm sure he very reassured.
    “I think we have to remember that in the vast majority of cases, the police and security forces acted with integrity, courage and professionalism." Theresa Villiers

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like Simon Coveny foreign minister is starting to realise that a no deal Brexit is quite likely and they will have to enforce a hard border.
    Up in Belfast today to get the reality.

On the one side you have a country which is torn apart over Brexit, and cannot get a majority in parliament for any single option, or any route out of the mess they have gotten themselves into. On the other side you have a grouping of 27 nations with a remarkable unity of purpose, who have never blinked throughout the withdrawal negotiations, who have never even remotely shown that they are likely to crack.
    Who do you think is going to win that one, DOG?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A hard border is not your friend, DOG.
    The DUP have become turkeys voting for Christmas as they steer us toward a no-deal Brexit | The Independent
    A year ago, I wrote that DUP support for Brexit would only accelerate Irish reunification, and that prediction has proven to be true. A survey last week by Lucid Talk for The Times had the most dramatic findings yet.

If we leave the EU under the terms of May’s deal, 48 per cent of people in Northern Ireland would likely vote to join a united Ireland. If we leave with no deal – with that dreaded hard border looming – that figure jumps to 55 per cent.
    Ignore these opinion polls at your peril.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mac tíre View Post
    No need to. The British are getting their shíts kicked in in all of this. By themselves.
    Once again, the brit state is the laughing stock of the world...
    Flushing Out The PS/CS Trolls and long term Doleboys...two sets of leeches on our society.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    Wasting your time talking sir, the British are publicly talking of a Norway plus deal.........something the Norwegian government ruled out only yesterday.......I sh1t you not and am quite serious.
    Norway does not have any say in the matter.
    Norway only gets a say in a deal between Norway and the EU.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure he very reassured.
    Ah Doggie, Theresa just pushed you in front of the Bus and you didn't even notice.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looks like Simon Coveny foreign minister is starting to realise that a no deal Brexit is quite likely and they will have to enforce a hard border.
    Up in Belfast today to get the reality.
    Ireland has no motivation to back down, nothing to gain.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Any minute now.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast