Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cushy job for Eamon Happy Gilmore

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cushy job for Eamon Happy Gilmore

The FFGLab party have taken care of their own by nominating Gilmore for the post of head of the EU’s human rights monitoring and advocacy operation.

Eamon Gilmore nominated to lead EU human rights advocacy

Happy Gilmore is of course is most famous for making up a job for his wife after her old position was abolished:
    I didnt get my wife ‚117,000 job in Education €“ Eamon Gilmore - Independent.ie

Was there a competition and hiring process for candidates to get a nomination for this position ? More seriously is there any sort of due process involved in nominations to these plum positions in the EU ? Labour of course previously nominated Kevin Cardiff who had a senior role in the department of finance when the economy collapsed.

Politics.ie Member Eventualities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This kind of thing makes me despair.

What does Gilmore know about human rights, having presided over thousands (if not more) suicides caused by austerity on his watch? The blood on his hands won't wash off.

It's all so hopeless.
    Smoke crack, hail Satan, steal videogames, buy music on vinyl

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^^^^ The Eu is one sick Institution . Hopefully the Gilets Jaunes tear it apart .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Isn't he the chap who brought peace to South America shortly after he became a Masai warrior? You would imagine he'd have got a job with the HSE with those qualifications.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He'll be back when the Labour party surge starts again !!
    Unionists just carrying on as unionists is the greatest guarantee we are heading for a United Ireland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eventualities View Post
    This kind of thing makes me despair.

What does Gilmore know about human rights, having presided over thousands (if not more) suicides caused by austerity on his watch? The blood on his hands won't wash off.

It's all so hopeless.
    Absolutely hopeless that one of such little integrity could be even considered for such a role. We sure live in an age when the sh1t rises to the top and that's being a bit unfair to sh1t. The EU is sinking in its own sh1t.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure he'll be excellent in this political position.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by effer View Post
    Absolutely hopeless that one of such little integrity could be even considered for such a role. We sure live in an age when the sh1t rises to the top and that's being a bit unfair to sh1t. The EU is sinking in its own sh1t.
    Another Gombeen on the Eu Gravy Train . Its no wonder the Irish Political Establishment Fluff for the Eu .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    I'm sure he'll be excellent in this political position.
    I'm sure he will too. Reaches for the sick bag.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruman View Post
    Happy Gilmore is of course is most famous for making up a job for his wife after her old position was abolished:
    I didnt get my wife ‚117,000 job in Education €“ Eamon Gilmore - Independent.ie
    Sweet christ! From the very article you link to:

"Her right to retain a job on the same salary is guaranteed under the Croke Park Agreement."

No pay rise. A small loss of allowances. To a civil servant who had her job and full salary guaranteed by collective bargaining on the same basis as every other civil servant.

You really do need to identify what was irregular about her appointment, because the article doesn't mention a single problem with it, other than that Fianna Fil are trying to make political hay out of it.

Again, from the self-same article:

"The Department of Education has said that no interviews were carried out for the new position because it was a redeployment arrangement."

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast