Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: C& S agreement extended until 2020

Politics.ie Member Eventualities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    No it's not lies. The facts are clear. The numbers on the Live Register have gone from 455,000 to just over 200,000, and the numbers in full-time employment have gone up by over 200,000. What parts of that do you dispute?
    They are! They've been rounded down! They don't include underemployment of any kind, or schemes So, all of it, I suppose.
    Smoke crack, hail Satan, steal videogames, buy music on vinyl

Politics.ie Member Eventualities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I've certainly never heard of it.

And nor have you.
    Oh, no, I haven't. The idea of selective figures, underemployment and the hidden homeless are completely foreign.
    Smoke crack, hail Satan, steal videogames, buy music on vinyl

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eventualities View Post
    Some of this is very contentious (see quote from it below)- people who have 'given up looking for a job', student who have not yet completed their studies, and part-time workers who want more hours (which is actually the most convincing of these categories but they should show up in the unemployment stats anyway, as they can claim SW for the days they don't work, as indeed do many of those who have 'given up looking').

'Underemployed part-time workers . These are persons who work part-time, but who want to work more, and are available to do so, which makes them involuntarily working part-time.
    Jobless persons seeking a job but not immediately available for work . Some of the persons we find here are students in their last year of studies, who send job applications to try out the labour market situation, but who have to complete their studies before accepting a job.
    Jobless persons available for work but not seeking it . This group contains amongst others discouraged job seekers, that is, persons who would want to find a job, but have given up looking for one.'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just how much humiliation are FF prepared to take?

MM making his grand gesture 'for the good of the country' & Leo now saying an election might happen before 2020.

Of course an election was always a possibility regardless of FFs position but Leo's comments make FF appear even more irrelevant & subservient to FG.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Care to back that up? CSO figures are arrived at the same way as statistics in all European countries. Are you alleging fraud by the CSO?
    The CSO figures are estimates. (According to their website)
    If someone works for an hour in the period they are compiling the statistics for, they are counted as employed. ‘Employed persons are all persons who worked at least one hour for pay or profit during the reference week or were temporarily absent from such work. ’
    It may be a standard calculation across the EU. But would you consider it an accurate description?
    I’ve never been asked by the CSO, about my employment situation on an ongoing basis. So they are estimating based on a low base.
    A more accurate measure would be to to raise the one hour to 20 hours or so.
    Or to count the number of people getting unemployment benefits or assistance.
    Sln to Care. The Fine Gael way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No it's not lies. The facts are clear. The numbers on the Live Register have gone from 455,000 to just over 200,000, and the numbers in full-time employment have gone up by over 200,000. What parts of that do you dispute?
    I presume you've not factored in immigration numbers there either. a more telling stat would be the number of people in receipt of social welfare payments except OAP and children's allowance.
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yet we're still spending over 20 billion per annum on welfare...
    Go figure.
    Flushing Out The PS/CS Trolls and long term Doleboys...two sets of leeches on our society.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post
    Just how much humiliation are FF prepared to take?

MM making his grand gesture 'for the good of the country' & Leo now saying an election might happen before 2020.

Of course an election was always a possibility regardless of FFs position but Leo's comments make FF appear even more irrelevant & subservient to FG.

Varadkar is keeping FF under a threat - mess with us and we will force you to go to the country.

Martin is well aware the FF position is weak at the present, and being a tail for the FG dog is the best he can manage.

This is all for the best, as it gives time for the influx of new parties and faces to gather for the next election. The open borders and PC liberal agenda is just not being swallowed by the vast majority of Irish and the establishment parties, the leftist fringe parties, and most of the independents are due a good kicking for their traitorous behaviour.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718