Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 360 of 384 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 3836

Thread: "Gardai aiding and abetting evictions" Gardai disgrace themselves again

  1. #3591
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Round tower View Post
    A local councillor spoke before christmas that he know a man who posts a letter to himself on a Friday so he will have a visittor the following week, the postman.
    About 20 years ago a postman told me he had a few cases like that on his delivery in a rural part of Kerry. Usually sons or daughters, in Dublin or abroad ,of elderly living alone.

  2. #3592
    Politics.ie Member Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dublin/London
    Posts
    10,612
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WayOutWest View Post
    You must have shares in Irish banks because that can be only reason you could possibly make a defence for our greedy bankers and add dishonest as well. You and others on this thread who think that if all npl were removed from the balance sheets of our banks that would result in cheaper mortgages is completely incorrect. The banks have sold off over €50b of npl and that hasn’t resulted in an apportionate reduction in interest charges while at the same time they have disportionately increase profits.Quite simply, saving from the npl sales have increased profits and consumer are being shafted.

    Banks have become more profitable since the crash - Independent.ie
    Read the article and try to understand the main reason mortgage interest rates are higher here than in the rest of Europe is because our banks priority is profit and that profit is achieved at the expense of customers and most people would call that greed.
    Your article highlights the Mario Dragi’s description of the “quasi monopoly” that is the Irish mortgage market. Over the past 8 years we have seen several foreign banks exiting the Irish market, Rabo Direct, Danske Bank, Bank of Scotland, Halifax......why did these banks leave if there if loads of money to be made here? If “greedy Irish banks” are making loads of money why aren’t we seeing foreign banks clamouring to enter the market like we did before the 2007 crash?

    As I said previously and as your link also says we suffer from a lack of competition....outsiders are not interested in entering a market such as ours where it is difficult to enforce payment or to call in the offered security on the loan.

    Why do we pay over the odds for our mortgages? .....


    .....because the Famine etc etc
    Is not this the great Babylon that I have built.....

  3. #3593
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Your article highlights the Mario Dragi’s description of the “quasi monopoly” that is the Irish mortgage market. Over the past 8 years we have seen several foreign banks exiting the Irish market, Rabo Direct, Danske Bank, Bank of Scotland, Halifax......why did these banks leave if there if loads of money to be made here? If “greedy Irish banks” are making loads of money why aren’t we seeing foreign banks clamouring to enter the market like we did before the 2007 crash?

    As I said previously and as your link also says we suffer from a lack of competition....outsiders are not interested in entering a market such as ours where it is difficult to enforce payment or to call in the offered security on the loan.

    Why do we pay over the odds for our mortgages? .....


    .....because the Famine etc etc
    Mortgage rates help make AIB ‘most profitable’ euro zone bank
    All the problems that associated with npl are everyday events for Irish banks and would seem not to have make too much of a dent in the profits. There is certainly lack of competition but the government have not helped with their very generous tax concessions which gives them a huge advantage over foreign banks.

    AIB slammed for paying no tax on €1.6 billion profits - Irish Mirror Online

  4. #3594
    Politics.ie Member Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dublin/London
    Posts
    10,612
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WayOutWest View Post
    Mortgage rates help make AIB ‘most profitable’ euro zone bank
    All the problems that associated with npl are everyday events for Irish banks and would seem not to have make too much of a dent in the profits. There is certainly lack of competition but the government have not helped with their very generous tax concessions which gives them a huge advantage over foreign banks.

    AIB slammed for paying no tax on €1.6 billion profits - Irish Mirror Online
    Maybe so about the offsetting losses versus tax and there might be an interesting question there about unfair competition but according to this article on average we pay about 15% extra on our mortgages because of the extra capital requirements due to the number of non performing mortgages and difficulty of repossession.

    To some extent. Brendan Burgess, of the consumer forum Askaboutmoney. com, said an Irish customer with a €200,000 mortgage is paying about €250 more every month than their euro zone peer as a result of the higher rate.
    “Those politicians and debt campaigners who call for a ban on home repossessions and who threaten to protest outside every eviction should realise that their irresponsible behaviour is imposing an additional cost of about €3,000 a year on responsible borrowers,” he added.
    In November, Davy analyst Diarmaid Sheridan said one of the biggest turnoffs for any bank looking at the Irish market is that fact that it is difficult for lenders to get hold of a home with the borrower in default.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...e-eu-1.3754886
    Is not this the great Babylon that I have built.....

  5. #3595
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,538
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Maybe so about the offsetting losses versus tax and there might be an interesting question there about unfair competition but according to this article on average we pay about 15% extra on our mortgages because of the extra capital requirements due to the number of non performing mortgages and difficulty of repossession.



    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...e-eu-1.3754886
    There's about 750,000 mortgage holders in Ireland.
    Are you now claiming that we pay €2.25 billion more in interest per annum because of the low rates of repossessions?
    Flushing Out The PS/CS Trolls and long term Doleboys...two sets of leeches on our society.

  6. #3596
    Politics.ie Member Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dublin/London
    Posts
    10,612
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Ted Crilly View Post
    There's about 750,000 mortgage holders in Ireland.
    Are you now claiming that we pay €2.25 billion more in interest per annum because of the low rates of repossessions?
    .......difficulty of repossession and the consequent higher capital reserve requirement for Irish banks.

    Total value of Irish mortgages is about €100 billion.
    Is not this the great Babylon that I have built.....

  7. #3597
    Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Continental Coven
    Posts
    29,673
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Martin O’ Toole is the name of the arrested Mayo man.

    Man in court following Strokestown incident - Independent.ie

    And he’s quite the lovely fellow

    Father fined over assault as daughter’s big day descends into chaos - Connacht Tribune

    Very brave man, assaults wife, and kids, barring order, assaults Gardai, motoring offenses ... tries to destroy his daughters confirmation day, and he doesn’t even know what she looks like. And he’s the ‘victim’!
    .
    Last edited by Emily Davison; 12th January 2019 at 12:14 PM.
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.

  8. #3598
    Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Continental Coven
    Posts
    29,673
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    https://m.facebook.com/pages/categor...7659498708889/

    I wonder how men from Mayo and Donegal became nvolved in the vigilante attack.

    Im sure it has zero to do with this crowd.
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.

  9. #3599
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/pages/categor...7659498708889/

    I wonder how men from Mayo and Donegal became their involved in the vigilante attack.
    A chance to take the law into their own hands cos the enemy was there. Fek all to do with a lawful repossession, that was just a smokescreen.

  10. #3600
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,538
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/pages/categor...7659498708889/

    I wonder how men from Mayo and Donegal became nvolved in the vigilante attack.

    Im sure it has zero to do with this crowd.
    Maybe he used to go to sinister meetings in 'big sheds' on farms around the country?

    I've often wondered what goes on in these 'big sheds' in farmyards.....what could it be, I wonder?

    Maybe The Riddler could tell us?
    Flushing Out The PS/CS Trolls and long term Doleboys...two sets of leeches on our society.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •