Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Over Leo bullied into paying back Anglo bondholders

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eventualities View Post
    It's been a long time coming, but your excessive Blueshirt fellatio has placed you on my ignore list. Goodbye, HBAP, the pleasure has been all yours.
    You have in your Swiss, kiddo. You finally outed yourself with that jaw-dropping post about the bank guarantee costing the State €440 billion. I'm still laughing at that one.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Ted Crilly View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry...he never mentioned the colour of the cents........

Why don't you just put your hands up and admit he made a mistake?
    What mistake? FG put no money into Anglo.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    Idiotic OP.

From your own link:

Furthermore, the State benefits to the tune of €600 million, which it wouldn't get if these junior bonds were burned - meaning the State gets more money from paying these bondholders than it would get if it was even possible to "burn" them. This is also mentioned in your very own link.

So perhaps a better subject to discuss would be - why such an idiotic, illiterate OP?
    €600 million eh?
    Sure Anglo Banglo only cost us €31 billion.....

"Not another cent to unsecured or junior bondholders" wha????
    Flushing Out The PS/CS Trolls and long term Doleboys...two sets of leeches on our society.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Furthermore, the State benefits to the tune of €600 million, which it wouldn't get if these junior bonds were burned
    Not quite.

The €600 million is not conditional on whether other creditors get paid or not.

We get that because that debt ranks next in line according to the priorities set out in the Companys Acts.

I'm pretty sure this €600 million is part of the outstanding loan given to IBRC whenever it was put into liquidation. We have already received about €300 million from the liquidator previously.
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What mistake? FG put no money into Anglo.
    True enough, they put the Irish taxpayer on the hook for that.
    Flushing Out The PS/CS Trolls and long term Doleboys...two sets of leeches on our society.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

€600 million eh?
    Sure Anglo Banglo only cost us €31 billion.....

"Not another cent to unsecured or junior bondholders" wha????
    You're struggling here, I can see. FG put zero money into Anglo. Zero. Comprendez?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True enough, they put the Irish taxpayer on the hook for that.
    The Irish taxpayer was on the hook for Anglo from the day FF nationalised it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have in your Swiss, kiddo. You finally outed yourself with that jaw-dropping post about the bank guarantee costing the State €440 billion. I'm still laughing at that one.
    SPN claims the bank guarantee has made us a profit of €4.5 billion.
    Those writedowns though..........

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Irish taxpayer was on the hook for Anglo from the day FF nationalised it.
    A policy FG continued with since 2011.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What mistake? FG put no Additional money into Anglo.
    From memory, the only new money put into Anglo after FG/AmateurFF came into Government, was the €1.1 Billion loan that was triggered under the Guarantee whenever Anglo was put into liquidation.

Everything else was already committed under the terms of the EU Agreement from October 12th 2008, whenever the EU decided that the ECB would cover the liquidity needs of all EU banks, and the EU States would ensure that their respective banks were properly capitalised (on normal commercial terms).
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte