Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 304

Thread: Brits Make Plans To Militarise The Border. B-Specials Mark 2.

  1. #281

  2. #282
    Politics.ie Member McSlaggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    16,572
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    Neither were Loyalist paramilitaries, you know.
    UWC, namely Harry West, Bill Craig and Ian Paisley (the leaders of the three political parties Ulster Unionist Party, Vanguard Unionist Progressive Party and Democratic Unionist Party that formed the pro-strike United Ulster Unionist Council), Andy Tyrie and Tommy Lyttle of the UDA and the UVF's Ken Gibson.

    Ulster Workers' Council strike - Wikipedia

    Unionist leaders and loyalists terrorists was together in the leadership of he Ulster workers council strike.

  3. #283
    Politics.ie Member Niall996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    He's done his usual disappearing act when challenged with facts. Will pop back at some point like a cartoon mole popping out of another hole shouting Ulster till I die until challenged with facts, disappears again, pops out another hole whinging Ulster till I die, challenged by facts, disappear, pops out hole, challenged by facts and on and on in his eternal groundhog day inane loop.
    1080 British Forces killed (& counting) versus only 145 IRA Volunteers. 7.4:1 Ratio. Heaviest ever British defeat in all wars.

  4. #284
    Politics.ie Member death or glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Co Tyrone, Ulster, United Kingdom
    Posts
    16,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    UWC, namely Harry West, Bill Craig and Ian Paisley (the leaders of the three political parties – Ulster Unionist Party, Vanguard Unionist Progressive Party and Democratic Unionist Party – that formed the pro-strike United Ulster Unionist Council), Andy Tyrie and Tommy Lyttle of the UDA and the UVF's Ken Gibson.

    Ulster Workers' Council strike - Wikipedia

    Unionist leaders and loyalists terrorists was together in the leadership of he Ulster workers council strike.
    So Unionists knew the loyalist paramilitary leaders but nationalists did not know the Reb ones.

    Are you so naive to believe that.

    Let's get real.

    As I said what's sauce for the goose.

    You can't blame unionists for doing stuff and ignore your own community who did the same.
    I think we have to remember that in the vast majority of cases, the police and security forces acted with integrity, courage and professionalism." Theresa Villiers

  5. #285
    Politics.ie Member McSlaggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    16,572
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    So Unionists knew the loyalist paramilitary leaders but nationalists did not know the Reb ones.

    Are you so naive to believe that.
    Firstly their is no group called "nationalists". The fact is the Orange order and British army allowed known loyalist terrorists to stay in their ranks. Now to enter either of those grouping their is criteria to which you must apply and more importantly people are removed form those orginisation if they do not live up to the standards set.

    With the GAA has non selective membership. To the extent that they fact they have family membership.

    FYI: The members of a secret grouping tend not to tell people that they are members. I did see members of the security forces assuming certain people to be members and giving them a hard time.

  6. #286
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    Firstly their is no group called "nationalists". The fact is the Orange order and British army allowed known loyalist terrorists to stay in their ranks. Now to enter either of those grouping their is criteria to which you must apply and more importantly people are removed form those orginisation if they do not live up to the standards set.

    With the GAA has non selective membership. To the extent that they fact they have family membership.

    FYI: The members of a secret grouping tend not to tell people that they are members. I did see members of the security forces assuming certain people to be members and giving them a hard time.
    Do you think that the security forces didn't know who was in the Provos?

  7. #287
    Politics.ie Member AhNowStop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    7,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This thread is the perfect example of how the dog & newrybhollicks constantly use “ignorance & stupidity” as a debating (if u could call it that ) tool ..... quite fascinating to witness

    I wonder does it actually fool them ... it sure as feck doesn’t fool anyone else .. are they really that far gone I wonder ?
    Last edited by AhNowStop; 14th January 2019 at 04:20 PM.

  8. #288
    Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,625
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raetsel View Post
    Do you actually think they'd have told their GAA colleagues that they were IRA members? It really is rather naive to suggest that IRA members went around casually telling people that they belonged to the organisation.
    Actually, no it is not naive, it is bloody buck-stupid.
    No need. The IRA paraded openly and armed around South Armagh villages - I personally gave them apples when I was doing Jonesborough Sunday market. The vids you see of them wearing balaclavas were shot for propaganda purposes. What age were you when you became aware of the Troubles ?
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

  9. #289
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,457
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    No need. The IRA paraded openly and armed around South Armagh villages - I personally gave them apples when I was doing Jonesborough Sunday market. The vids you see of them wearing balaclavas were shot for propaganda purposes. What age were you when you became aware of the Troubles ?
    Old enough to have participated in the 2nd NICRA march in Derry in the winter of 1968.

  10. #290
    Politics.ie Member McSlaggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    16,572
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newrybhoy View Post
    Do you think that the security forces didn't know who was in the Provos?

    If you are staying with the Provos then most of the Active service units would have been people they did not know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •