Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Irish citizen captured fighting with ISIS

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    It's surprising that Islamic terrorists haven't staged something spectacular in Dublin yet. One suspects a trio of knife-wielders would be around a lot longer than they were in London:

Police praised for stopping London Bridge attack in minutes | UK news | The Guardian
    Ireland is considered as a safe haven for islamic radicalism through a combination on lack of concern of politicians,/public, imcompetence by the Gardai, a legal system that completely favours the criminal and which the legal profession has a vested interest in maintaining, and a total lack of appreciation of the strategic national importance of having an effective defence and security system .
    So why should they rock the boat when they can carry on their planning, logistics and radicalistaion here without being troubled and if they are so called refugees , new immigrants they are well looked after.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any Irish citizen who freely joins a foreigh army should have his citizenship revoked. It does not matter whether it is the British, US, French, ISIS, Boko Haram etc it should be revoked. I say this as someone who for a period in my early twenties after my time in the DF participated in a foreign war which I now regret.
    Joining foreign armies will usually involve swearing an oath of allegience to another state that may result ina situarion where you may be required to undertake operations to undermine the state of which you are a citizen.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madmullah View Post
    So why should they rock the boat when they can carry on their planning, logistics and radicalistaion here without being troubled and if they are so called refugees , new immigrants they are well looked after.
    Because that’s what they do. You could apply the same arguments to Canada but it didn’t save us from attacks. Scorpions are going to sting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Any Irish citizen who freely joins a foreigh army should have his citizenship revoked. It does not matter whether it is the British, US, French, ISIS, Boko Haram etc it should be revoked. I say this as someone who for a period in my early twenties after my time in the DF participated in a foreign war which I now regret.
    Joining foreign armies will usually involve swearing an oath of allegience to another state that may result ina situarion where you may be required to undertake operations to undermine the state of which you are a citizen.

So you'd have no problem with the government revoking your citizenship?
    satisfied with frugal comfort

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ireland is considered as a safe haven for islamic radicalism through a combination on lack of concern of politicians,/public, imcompetence by the Gardai, a legal system that completely favours the criminal and which the legal profession has a vested interest in maintaining, and a total lack of appreciation of the strategic national importance of having an effective defence and security system .

Nonsense - given that the business model of ISIS encourages muslims in all western countries to carry out freelance attacks with no actual involvement from ISIS members, what's to stop some muslim in Dublin just planning and carrying out an attack?

ISIS would claim it even though they had no direct involvement in it.

I haven't seen any ISIS propaganda that says anything like "attack the US, the UK, France and Germany, but leave Ireland alone". Have you?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Nonsense - given that the business model of ISIS encourages muslims in all western countries to carry out freelance attacks with no actual involvement from ISIS members, what's to stop some muslim in Dublin just planning and carrying out an attack?

ISIS would claim it even though they had no direct involvement in it.

I haven't seen any ISIS propaganda that says anything like "attack the US, the UK, France and Germany, but leave Ireland alone". Have you?
    Why would ISIS rock the boat and risk exposing their operatives in Ireland? The American security services warned the Irish government about it's concerns regarding extremism at Clonskeagh mosque but the government totally ignored it and both the government and the media always turn to Clonskeagh for comment on anything Islam in Ireland. The government and the media go out of their way to hide what's going on at Clonskeagh, they film in a way that hides the segregation of male and females at events at Clonskeagh, they film in a way that makes it look like women are treated as equals in Clonskeagh mosque, they never mention that moderate Muslims visiting Dublin avoid Clonskeagh mosque because it's reputation abroad is as a Muslim Brotherhood mosque.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagertha View Post
    Why would ISIS rock the boat and risk exposing their operatives in Ireland? The American security services warned the Irish government about it's concerns regarding extremism at Clonskeagh mosque but the government totally ignored it and both the government and the media always turn to Clonskeagh for comment on anything Islam in Ireland. The government and the media go out of their way to hide what's going on at Clonskeagh, they film in a way that hides the segregation of male and females at events at Clonskeagh, they film in a way that makes it look like women are treated as equals in Clonskeagh mosque, they never mention that moderate Muslims visiting Dublin avoid Clonskeagh mosque because it's reputation abroad is as a Muslim Brotherhood mosque.

Try reading what I said.

The business model of ISIS encourages muslims in all western countries to carry out freelance attacks with no actual involvement from ISIS members, what's to stop some muslim in Dublin just planning and carrying out an attack on their own?

ISIS would never have heard of the person before the attack, and could do nothing to control the person before the attack.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    So you'd have no problem with the government revoking your citizenship?
    I did not join the foreign army so I did not take any oath, i was purely commercial, professional. Yep If I joined , but I am too old now so the issue is academic for me..

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds a bit drastic and illustrates again the problem of ‘revocation creep’ - once you start taking passports it’s hard to stop. Given the state of our armed forces, I could understand any ambitious young person’s reasons for joining a more serious outfit defending the West.

There is no such thing as an Irish passport anymore.

It is an EU passport.

And Soros and 'Ze Germans' love a bit of imported Jihad to keep the serfs on their toes.
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.