Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTE news correspondents . do they not go to broadcasting schools and take elocution lessons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry1 View Post
    thats why I won't be back .
    Good, please forget us

and stay away
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    (Southern) Ireland has a population of just c4million.
    Our broadcast talent comes from a very small pool.

It's flattering to call RTE a 'National Broadcaster', as it's really just an amateurish regional set-up.
    The licence fee allows RTE to inflate the salaries of their 'stars', far in excess of their true worth, contributing to their undeserved egos.

The whole thing is long past it's sell-by date.
    Great post , it's hard to believe that in 40yrs they haven't been able to raise the bar in professionalism .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TBH I don't now about news correspondents, but I do know that the weather people get personal tuition from a Professor Higgins and have to practice "The Rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plain" before every weather report.................

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why doesn't that Baldy Washington Correspondent on RTÉ not wear a mask or else control his facial muscles movements.His hands also need to be stapled to the desk in the studio and the props dept can put a disguise over them so the audience can't see it.I'd recommend the Anonymous face mask , at present he is like one of the Spitting Image muppets or better yet an Ernie or Bert or even a Doppelganger of Right Said Fred .

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fifilawe View Post
    why doesn't that Baldy Washington Correspondent on RTÉ not wear a mask or else control his facial muscles movements.His hands also need to be stapled to the desk in the studio and the props dept can put a disguise over them so the audience can't see it.I'd recommend the Anonymous face mask , at present he is like one of the Spitting Image muppets or better yet an Ernie or Bert or even a Doppelganger of Right Said Fred .
    LOL, ah yes, that twitching overly dramatic geezer in Washington who tells us how bad Trump is. Isn't he the son of Keith Wood?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fairness to the lad he is trying to do his best ..but he is trying too hard...too much gestures and far too dramatic presentation...my advice would be to cool your jets and put your report at the centre of things and stop trying to overwhelm it .
    Hard working concerned citizen dedicated to adding value and making a contribution.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just watching rte news and they had a report from somewhere in Donegal and the correspondent had some kind of a mixed N Ireland / Scottish accent ....... good lord he was hard to listen to may has well of been speaking Chinese .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just watching rte news and they had a report from somewhere in Donegal and the correspondent had some kind of a mixed N Ireland / Scottish accent ....... good lord he was hard to listen to may has well of been speaking Chinese .
    That's a bit rich, coming from someone who can barely write in English.

The Irish educational system seems to have left you semi-literate. Maybe you can get help in the US.

You should seek help with the following, in particular; construction of sentences, punctuation, capitalisation. The phrase "may has well of been speaking Chinese" is entirely meaningless. You may have meant "might as well have been speaking Chinese".

Good luck with it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Have", even???
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seem's like I may have hit a nerve with some of our "up north crowd "
    Last edited by cranberry1; 14th January 2019 at 12:19 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast