Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity gay stuff: is homophobia OK if you have a famous gay friend?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Which comedians have routines about how awful it would be if their son turned out straight?
    Comedians that don't get gigs. Getting preached at is never funny.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    No but the US has a long history of homophobia in some states. Remember during the Bush admin there were referendums in many states banning gay marriage including in liberal Oregon and California. Hart may have been reflecting the times.
    Homophobia is such a BS term. Phobia FFS? World needs to find a word that conveys something less extreme than connotations around phobia. I'm not gay but my sense it's way OTT and promotes division. Would be interested to hear a gay person's perspective. Do believe Hart should be canned if he publicly called someone a "fat fag."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCKY View Post
    How long ago were these tweets?
    Thats the point. All he has to do is say it was ages ago, comedy and I have changed. End of. But he is flip flopping and thats why he lost the oscars and its still rumbling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reading the text of his "jokes" without having seen or heard them performed, they seem desperately unfunny. However, the issue is not one of quality. It seems that certain topics, certain targets are taboo. Remind you of anything?

Meanwhile at the Globes it was possible to spout utter nonsense about homosexuality but that was fine cos it was pro-gay, or anti-homophobic. As when Brad Simpson, the producer of The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, made a pathetic attempt to lead the anti-Trump resistance when accepting the trophy for best miniseries:

Gianni Versace was killed 20 years ago. He was one of the very few public figures who was out during a time of intense hate and fear. Those forces of hate and fear are still with us. They tell us we should be scared of people who are different than us. They tell us we should put walls around ourselves.

The story of a gay fashion designer’s murder by a gay serial killer somehow strikes him as a lesson about the evils of homophobia and border enforcement. . .

And this "hatred" happened in . . . the dark days of the second Bill Clinton administration.

And Versace did have high walls around the massive Miami compound where he was murdered. He was killed on his own front steps by an out-of-town intruder, which doesn’t exactly seem like a parable about the benefits of open borders.

I'd prefer to listen to bad homophobic jokes that we can all despise than be be subjected to pompous, illogical lectures that distort the truth and conflate entirely different issues to make fatuous, dishonest, trendy points.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More nonsense from the permanently offended brigade , he made a few off colour comments on social nearly a decade ago , hardly the crime of te century. He has apologized and that should be it , move on. Let him host the Oscars and get the moral police to back off.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    More nonsense from the permanently offended brigade , he made a few off colour comments on social nearly a decade ago , hardly the crime of te century. He has apologized and that should be it , move on. Let him host the Oscars and get the moral police to back off.
    Well he hasnt apologised, has he...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buchaill Dana View Post
    Well he hasnt apologised, has he...
    Yes he has.

"I will say this, and I want to make this very clear," he said.

"Once again, Kevin Hart apologises for his remarks that hurt members of the LGBTQ community. I apologise."

Addressing the jokes that caused the controversy, he added: "These weren't words that I said to gay individuals. I didn't say these words to people, at the time, this was our dumb asses on Twitter going back and forth with each other.

"We thought it was okay to talk like that, because that's how we talked to one another. In that, you go, 'F**k! This is wrong now.'"
    https://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a...jokes-apology/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If some famous body called Oprah a 'fat n!gger' 10 years ago and was now considered to host the Oscars (not that that would even be considered) This guy would be leading the charge to get that person, not only barred from the Oscars but lynched. Fair is fair, he should not be allowed host the oscars.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    If some famous body called Oprah a 'fat n!gger' 10 years ago and was now considered to host the Oscars (not that that would even be considered) This guy would be leading the charge to get that person, not only barred from the Oscars but lynched. Fair is fair, he should not be allowed host the oscars.
    I have never heard Hart call anybody out over old comments before.

Lets be honest , some people in the LBGT community just like some feminists love having the persecution complex and are not content unless they playing the victim card over something or other.

This should be a nothing story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    What joke was there when Hart called another person a "fat fag"?

Hart has engaged in homophobic name-calling 100 times in tweets. There was no jokes involved - just infantile name calling.

As for his supposed on stage jokes where is the joke in saying:
    "that if his son played with a doll house, he’d “break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay.’ ?
    Is this not a self deprecating joke? isn't it funny because he is likening himself to a homophobe, would it be funny if he was an actual homophobe?
    A man cannot give birth.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast