Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Willie Frazer strikes again!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Willie Frazer strikes again!

William Frazer meets the real IRA man who plotted to kill him

A REAL IRA member has left the terror group and alerted victims' campaigner Willie Frazer about a plot to kill him.

The man, who is now in hiding, claims to have left the dissident republican group in recent weeks and has passed information to Britain's foreign intelligence service MI6, including on an alleged attempt to murder Ian Paisley Jnr.

The republican, from the border counties, says he was one of the Real IRA's intelligence officers, but grew disillusioned with the organisation over what he claimed were its deepening links with Islamic terrorists.

He said that he wanted to absolve himself of his past involvement with the group by warning those it was targeting.

Reliable sources say that the security services have verified that the man was a member of the Real IRA but that the relationship between British intelligence and the man, whose name cannot be published for his own safety, has now broken down.

On the run, he has been moving around various safe locations and is now living in fear of his life.

Mr Frazer, director of Families Acting For Innocent Relatives (FAIR), said that he was astonished by what had happened and had been "very cautious" when first contacted by the man.

"We did a lot of checking to verify that he was who he said he was," he said.

The middle-aged dissident says that he turned down offers of money from his MI6 handler and asked that instead they give him a new identity, something he claims they reneged on.

Other sources say that MI6 parted company with the man because they claimed that the level of information he was providing was not from a sufficiently high level within the Real IRA.

Asked why he had come to Mr Frazer, who is widely disliked within republicanism because of his work for victims of IRA terrorism, he said: "I did my own checks and knew I could trust him."

He claims that the Real IRA wanted to murder Mr Frazer and had asked him to do research on him.

"Last year there was a conversation in a pub where someone said about him 'That ****'s going round stitching people up and he hates Catholics'," he said.

"There are people in South Armagh including Provos who don't care what happens, they just want to take him down."

He also says that he told his handler of an attempt to kill Ian Paisley Jnr: "Mr Paisley's son (Ian Jnr) was the main one.

There was also a recruitment officer for the PSNI."

Mr Paisley told the News Letter that he was "aware of the allegation" but declined to comment further.

Declan Ganley, the prominent Irish businessman and Libertas founder, was also on the target list, the dissident republican claims.

"I called him and he thanked me for it because I thought they (MI6) were taking too long to contact him," he said.

Mr Frazer said that his group was "demanding that the information provided be acted upon".

He said: "He has seen the error of his ways and the information which he has brought forward has the potential to do a lot of damage to the dissident republican cause."

And Mr Frazer last night paid tribute to the former Real IRA man he said that he has now come to trust.

The FAIR director said that it was a vindication of the South Armagh-based group's "principled stand" that a dissident republican fearing for his life felt secure coming there for help.

"This shows how far victims have been able to go in persuading senior republicans to renounce violence," he said.

"People have often criticised FAIR on cross-community issues but this shows that victims stating their case can have a profound effect.

"It speaks volumes that a man such as this would identify FAIR as an organisation he could feel safe with.

"Our principled stand and integrity gave him the confidence to make this step."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is nuts, as nutty as Frazer himself; totally preposterous and a bizarre case of two attention-seeking loopers getting way too much publicity.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they tried to kill him, super Willie would have just fought them off like he did to the twenty IRA men who tried to kidnap him last December

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The other clown is probably living in one of Willie's armoured cars.

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

an absolutely bizarre tale, particularly the bit about a tout refusing to accept money from his handlers.And if im not mistaken that picture looks suspiciously identical to the interior of a well known and highly popular hotel lobby in the centre of Newry . Which would be the absolutely last place youd want to be surreptitiously meeting willy frazer in secret while dodging assassins and keeping your identity under wraps .
    I can only surmise these 2 met in the same outpatients waiting room whilst getting identical prescriptions .
    And the Declan Ganley bit ??? wtf ???

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by merle haggard View Post
    Yeah;

"Declan Ganley, the prominent Irish businessman and Libertas founder, was also on the target list, the dissident republican claims."

That's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by merle haggard View Post
    an absolutely bizarre tale, particularly the bit about a tout refusing to accept money from his handlers.And if im not mistaken that picture looks suspiciously identical to the interior of a well known and highly popular hotel lobby in the centre of Newry . Which would be the absolutely last place youd want to be surreptitiously meeting willy frazer in secret while dodging assassins and keeping your identity under wraps .
    I can only surmise these 2 met in the same outpatients waiting room whilst getting identical prescriptions .
    He's really more to be pitied than laughed at, merle, god love him (because who else could).

It would seem like the wrong place to meet up with people like that all right. Having said that I'd never agree to meet Wille in a private place.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jeffrey Donaldson even got in on this madness and is quoted in the original article. Frazer is still something of a useful idiot it would appear but this story is beyond bizarre.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This guy has publicly admitted being in the RIRA till recently.
    Ummm, isnt this an offence? Why hasnt he been charged?
    Between the schizo in Donegal, Sunday Worlds Dr Cyanide who no-one has ever heard of, and this guy who feels compelled to contact wee Willie, theres no shortage of comic relief in the media these days.
    Things are looking desperate in the States intel these days.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about this for an explanation.

The RIRA man doesn't actually exist and Willie is Mad, but adicitted to publicity that various anti - republican papers are more than happy to publish.

I think the funniest part, as it fits in with Unionist small world thinking, is the idea that the RIRA are linking up with the likes of Al Qaeda.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It really is bizarre, who would run to Willie Frazer for protection?

This alleged individual allegedly ringing Ganley is priceless, did he think the greatfull Ganley would shower him in riches?

Instead he gets a golden shower from Willie. The fact that Donaldson would get in on this speaks volumes about his credibility. Hmmm, I wonder what they have on him.

Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast