10 Major Health Benefits of Marijuana

Fed Up

This medical marijuana agument is silly.

Start the argument where it begins:

You have no right to tell me what I can or can't do with my own body so long as I'm not harming anybody else.

Cabbage/Turnip

You have no right to tell me what I can or can't do with my own body so long as I'm not harming anybody else.
+1 altough no harm in anming health benfits... Is there any string gourp lobbying for pro leagalization any parties even consider lobbying

Bebsaboo

Would I be allowed to shoot up quietly in a corner under that reasoning?

Wakeupcall

As long as you dont detract from society. As long as you remain productive, then you can do what you want.

However, shooting up is not something I ever consider to be OK but if you want to do that, its your choice.

Sounds like you always want to ask mammy and daddy for permission to wipe your bum. Grow up. Produce. Save Ireland. FFS.

Fed Up

+1 altough no harm in anming health benfits... Is there any string gourp lobbying for pro leagalization any parties even consider lobbying
California is voting on full legalisation (same as alcohol & tobacco) in November so lets see how that goes. It's widely tipped to pass.

No, same way as you can't drink in public.

Asparagus

Marijuana is illegal because it is easy to grow takes very little production cost / effort to get a reefer.

Governments will not receive vat or excise revenue and pubs will lose trade.

Its about money.

Wakeupcall

Marijuana is illegal because it is easy to grow takes very little production cost / effort to get a reefer.

Governments will not receive vat or excise revenue and pubs will lose trade.

Its about money.
Its quite easy to make beer also, easier than growing and cultivating a plant for 5 months. Whats the point though?

eyeSpy

it leads to laziness and unproductive periods of semi existing.
i know this as i carried out experiments for about a decade.
keep it banned. if you want it grow it.

vanla sighs

D'ya've any left from yer experiments, mister? petunia

Asparagus

Its quite easy to make beer also, easier than growing and cultivating a plant for 5 months. Whats the point though?
stoners can grow cannibis but alcoholics can't make beer...:rolleyes:

alcohol is a more social drug - i.e. most people don't get drunk by themselves but they might get stoned watching fraggle rock or listening to floyd by themselves...

controller

This is why I heard it was banned

Big businesses like DuPont and Hearst lobbied for the passage of laws in their states for their own financial gain. By eliminating the competition from hemp, they drove up the demand (and the price) for their wood -based paper processing.

typical

At the moment, dope is schedule 1, meaning the government believes it has no medical value. Pointing out the plain stupidity of this position is hardly "silly".

We should regulate chemicals and narcotics, that's just obvious, but it's equally obvious that the regulation should be scientifically based and take into account the intended use of the chemicals and balance that with the dangers. I don't think it should be about prohibition but that doesn't mean throwing away age regs, quality control, clear side effect warnings etc.

Pointing out the medical uses and being realistic about the cost-benefit balance of recreational use is the only way to have a grown up debate about the subject. It's up to the narcotic liberalisation side to make the government look like the headless panic driven moralists they are if they ever want to make headway.

DeputyEdo

People should be allowed to grow a few plants for their own consumption.
They should also be allowed to grow their own to get hemp if they wanted.

It's the Joe Duffy brigade that'll keep it from being legalised though.

Twin Towers

Most people seem to smoke soap bar hash and there is no way that stuff is good for you. I guess the jury is out on grass :)

DeputyEdo

Most people seem to smoke soap bar hash and there is no way that stuff is good for you. I guess the jury is out on grass :)
That's because it's easier to get, and cheaper too and it won't (normaly) stink the place out when you smoke it.

Cabbage/Turnip

are the dutch lazy? i do like there massive port and shipping and heavy industrial insdutries

DeputyEdo

And alcohol leads to violence and crime
What sorts of experiments did you carry out?
How can we grow it if it's banned?

New Threads

Most Replies