10 previous convictions but free to beat up his girlfriend?

Reasunach

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-26-with-10-previous-convictions-receives-suspended-sentence-for-repeatedly-beating-exgirlfriend-36418449.html

If I was a member of the Gardai I would despair at bringing these cases to the courts. This guy has previous regarding his temper but because he is into sport it's ok for him to lash out at his girlfriend when he gets jealous cos he's usually a nice guy? This reaction from the courts stops the real victims of abuse coming forward, as opposed to the other spurious "assault" cases such as those highlighted in the press today where GAA player was jailed in the US for inadvertently "assaulting" a 12 year old in a bear costume. What has happened to plain common sense and logic??

Cruimh

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-26-with-10-previous-convictions-receives-suspended-sentence-for-repeatedly-beating-exgirlfriend-36418449.html

If I was a member of the Gardai I would despair at bringing these cases to the courts. This guy has previous regarding his temper but because he is into sport it's ok for him to lash out at his girlfriend when he gets jealous cos he's usually a nice guy? This reaction from the courts stops the real victims of abuse coming forward, as opposed to the other spurious "assault" cases such as those highlighted in the press today where GAA player was jailed in the US for inadvertently "assaulting" a 12 year old in a bear costume. What has happened to plain common sense and logic??
I wonder if the Judge is one of our mods?

Congalltee

testemonials from St Pats - if it was a GAA player then the thread would be on p. 20 by now.

troll account

sounds like a completely revolting scumbag and a weak physical coward who would piss himself if he had to scrap another man

He is coaching children............................

WTF

Why would anybody let a violent thug with a history of beating up females coach their children in ANY capacity.

sic transit

Suspended sentences tend to run for pre-defined period of time,. He didn't get off here either. There should have been rehabilitation via mandatory anger management treatment as well in the sentence.

eoghanacht

Another violent bastard is in the news today he stabbed his wife and kids in the throat, he was another with standing in the community.

eoghanacht

WTF

Why would anybody let a violent thug with a history of beating up females coach their children in ANY capacity.

I doubt they knew, club kept that from them. He was in good standing with them.

fergal1790

WTF

Many people see the likes of this thug as a suitable role model for their own sons, they were the same with their own wives and girlfriends so want their kids to be the same. you can't get ahead without being ruthless!

sic transit

WTF

It's adults he seems to have problems with. No, not a violent thug but someone who cannot control his temper and resorts to violence, there's a big difference. One would assume he's been vetted to work with kids.

fergal1790

Another violent bastard is in the news today he stabbed his wife and kids in the throat, he was another with standing in the community.
The only place I'd have these people standing in the community is over a barrel in the village/town square on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for their mandatory caning or flogging. There would of course be a doctor at hand(chosen by the court and paid for by the criminal) to dress the wounds afterwards.

TakeitAll

Yeah and that c&nt was a teacher ffs. Glad they exhumed the f&cker as he never should have been buried beside his poor wife and kids who he slayed. Evil piece of trash should have been thrown in the back of a dumpster and treated with zero respect. No way should that yoke have been given a burial.

Aristodemus

Stupid judge gives idiotic sentence. Move along, nothing to see here.

Scitlipo

A judiciary totally out of touch with reality. A prison system with out adequate prison cells. And a judiciary intent of keeping itself anf it's fellow lawyers in clover with incessant free legal aid.

cricket

St. Pat's would want to move quickly to oust this guy, otherwise they'll never hear the end of it.

It's adults he seems to have problems with. No, not a violent thug but someone who cannot control his temper and resorts to violence, there's a big difference. One would assume he's been vetted to work with kids.
Its adults he has been charged with but anybody who thinks adults are hard has never been around kids.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies