• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

100,000 christians die for faith every year: From the vatican

Sangreel

< Mods: I did not know where to put this discussion, so please move if needed, and the ZOO is NOT where it needs to be. If it ends up in the ZOO, then all will know where you stand on this issue and it is an issue we must face :) >

In todays world too read such a thing, to have it stated by the Vatican is very disturbing. I have sent a letter to Monsignor Silvano Maria Tomasi asking for more data. We talk a lot about Muslims and their rights and treatment, but I ask all of you, What about the Christians??? Please read the link and comment. If true, we have big issues and there is more going on than meets the eye. I know from reading newspapers online and off about the persecution of Christians, but if this report is true, it is a very bad thing indeed.

I had a friend in Iraq email me that the world is facing a clash of cultures and I did not put 2 and 2 together until now.

100,000 Christians die for faith every year: Vatican

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332338/100-000-Christians-killed-year-faith-says-Vatican-archbishop-Monsignor-Silvano-Maria-Tomasi-Iran-shuts-countrys-biggest-Pentecostal-church-arrests-pastor-mid-service.html

SideysGhost

I'd take anything the Vatican have to say on any subject with a few quarryloads of salt.

Show us the data and the methodologies used to collect it, then we can discuss the validity of the claim.

Until then it must remain in the same category as anything else emanating from a religious organisation: file under fantasy.

LamportsEdge

Thats a nice round handy number.

LamportsEdge

Millions of xtians die each year yet none are born. Film at eleven.

Levellers

Is this the same Vatican that carried out the Inquisition when up to 300,000 were murdered? Sort out the perverts in your own organisation first.

Sync

On Vatican radio, he was quoted on Tuesday saying the figures were 'shocking' and 'incredible'.
I concur with that bit.

LamportsEdge

Strange complaint from an organisation which promises a day of judgement when their god will kill everyone on the planet. Oh joyous day, such rapture to be had..:)

D

Dylan2010

Religious freedom is beset by "sectarianism, intolerance, terrorism and exclusionary laws," he said
this line is funny, because its exactly what the roman catholic church does as part of its day to day operations and goals

yobosayo

Breitbart is not exactly known for balanced reporting. Actually it is not exactly known for sane reporting and considers anyone who does not agree with foxnews and the US Republican party to be a radical left wing communist.

As for the Daily Mail :)
And you aren't known for sanity and rationality either.

Mikey Moloney

I'd take anything the Vatican have to say on any subject with a few quarryloads of salt.

Show us the data and the methodologies used to collect it, then we can discuss the validity of the claim.

Until then it must remain in the same category as anything else emanating from a religious organisation: file under fantasy.
You are on record saying that Christians should he shot on sight you should be happy. Christians have been bombed and ethnically cleansed out of the middle east thanks to Bush and Iraq and the so called Arab spring.

Monday Monday

Religious organisations thrive off sectarian hate and conflict with their competitor religions.

I assume this story is filed in the "Good News" section of the Vatican report.

I'm sure there's a team of leather-faced old paedophiles working on ways of getting getting the numbers up.

Seanie Lemass

Is this the same Vatican that carried out the Inquisition when up to 300,000 were murdered? Sort out the perverts in your own organisation first.

300,000. Did Paisley tell you that? Well less than 10% of that and over 500 years. NKVD shot that many people in one month in 1938 ffs :roll:

Seanie Lemass

OK - if the NKVD did that the Vatican is in the clear then. That's fine.
No. You claimed that the Inquisition killed 300,000 people. It did not. In fact most of those killed (20,000 or thereabouts) under the Inquisition were in Spain or in Latin America at the behest of the Spanish state. Vatican Inquisiton killed trivial numbers of people.

derryman

YOBOSAYO and SEANIE LEMASS.

Will you two please stop ************************************g up a good hate thread with bloody facts. They are not allowed on hate threads you know.