1000th US Soldier dies in Iraq.

mcguirkj

I thought I'd post this before some triumphalist lefty did.

Let us take a moment to remember the Sacrifice made by all these brave young souls.

May God Bless them all.

jblog

Their heroism, courage and patriotism makes them all heroes. The world is the poorer for their passing.

ireland2004

Is is indeed quite sad that 1000 men from America had to die in a meaningless war........

But never mind the 18,000 or so Iraqis that have died... ehh lads??

mcguirkj

Who said we forgot them?

I honor the sacrifice so many Iraqi family's have involuntarily made for the cause of peace.

May God Bless them.

cain1798

I doubt any 'lefty' was going to post triumphantly, but I agree with Ireland2004, while acknowledging their bravery it must be stated that their lives were thrown away in a war that was far from meaningless to the powers that wanted it fought, but which callously used their lives for dishonest ends.

The difference between left and right here is while we genuinely mourn their deaths as a tragic waste, you poor, deluded bastards see it as some sort of glorious sacrifice.

mcguirkj

Give me a gun, and I'll gladly go hunting evil scum.

This is a war none of us can pretend we're not part of.

Conor

May God Bless them.
They'd probably prefer Allah to bless them.

Actually, no, scratch that. They'd probably prefer not to have been killed in the first place.

Conor

Don't you have a gun already?
I'm not part of it. And that's not pretending.

jblog

I doubt any 'lefty' was going to post triumphantly
I'm reminded of a thread where a member of your party simply replied "Good" when someone said that 3 US soldiers had died in Iraq that day.

Asphalion

The world is the poorer for their passing.
Tragic as their deaths are, the world is better for their passing, as the more service personnel the Americans lose the more likely they are to actually stop and think about their disastrous and needlessly destructive foreign policy.

I honor the sacrifice so many Iraqi family's have involuntarily made for the cause of peace.
While I'm sure bereaved Iraqis are over-joyed at your honouring their "involuntarily [sacrificing themselves] for the cause of peace", I'd imagine they'd have preferred if the US Air Force hadn't forced them to make "involuntary sacrifices".

Conor

I'm reminded of a thread where a member of your party simply replied "Good" when someone said that 3 US soldiers had died in Iraq that day.
I'm reminded of a thread where a member of your institute said he supports the targeting of innocent civilians.

Danny

Website
www.greenparty.ie
Who said we forgot them?

May God Bless them.
'involuntarily' , well, I suppose it sounds better than 'didn't want to die but were killed anyway, and I'll be damned if I'll pay attention to them.'
And posting it before a 'lefty' did, just shows that your vunerable to it.

[Edited on 7/9/2004 by Danny]

Danny

Website
www.greenparty.ie

'give me a gun' So I guess you still dont realise that this war wont be fought just with guns. It will be fought with intelligence, technology, PR offensives etc. So if you have any of those [in fact, even a notebook and magnifying glass your all set to go 'hunting evil scum'] So get cracking McGuirkj!

ireland2004

MCJ's IRAQ FUND

Comeon people give generously...

€10 From all Users please for McJ to head over and fight the "evil scum".........

I'm also doing my part by giving him a free AK-47 :p

dotski

Well, that'll scare the insurgents .....

Perhaps you could practice while waiting for that gun. Smyths have a good line in cowboy suits and plastic revolvers.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies