• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

113,000 students sit JC & LC examinations starting tomorrow.

Socratus O' Pericles

53, 000 second level students are sitting the LC and 60,000 the JC tomorrow.

I hope it all goes well for them and that they are able to keep calm and achieve their maximum potential -not just in the exams. but in whatever course they choose thereafter. This is a hugely stressful time for the students and their families and I feel a bit of a release valve is opened after the first one is over!

I think most right minded people would join me in acknowledging the integral and essential role carried out by the teachers in bringing the students to this stage normally with great professionalism and dedication. ( To give one small example the art teacher in our place worked 24 /7 for about 3 weeks to get all the projects in on time.)

To the parents I'd say try to keep calm it isn't everything though it can feel like it at the time-there are always more chances.

Anyhows, good luck to all involved.

Warrior of Destiny

Sat mine last year, I envy none of them. All the best to any students procrastinating on P.ie!

vision

Have to agree, my eldest will be sitting there next year. Do not know who will be the greater wreck. Best of luck to all, do your best, and if it is not enough there are always alternatives.

gatsbygirl20

Thanks, Soc...My own little darling starting his tomorrow..

And my students...most from disadvantaged backgrounds.

As I walk the green mile with them tomorrow to those big glass doors and am forbidden to go any further, I am happy that this is one of the few occasions in this crony-ridden land when their connections, accents, contacts, addresses, will not make a jot of difference....

Let us be slow to throw out that baby with the bathwater.

Hearts going out to them all. Good luck...

Last edited:

Marcos the black

Oooo.. the memories.. all I can do now is sincerely hope that they can all chose to find rewarding and secure empoloyment in Ireland if thats what they want.. gap years and J1's are great.. but it's even better to come back...

slippy wicket

My brother is doing the leaving tomorrow, so best of luck to all those starting exams tomorrow.

RahenyFG

5 years now since I done my leaving cert and it doesn't feel that long. I remember it being scorching hot when studying and then when the exams were on and when they finished it rained all the time.

Best of luck to those doing exams and don't let the pressure get to you.

Socratus O' Pericles

Japers that picture alone would make you nervous.

MaireadKelly1

Thanks, Soc...My own little darling starting his tomorrow..

And my students...most from disadvantaged backgrounds.

As I walk the green mile with them tomorrow to those big glass doors and am forbidden to go any further, I am happy that this is one of the few occasions in this crony-ridden land that their connections, accents, contacts, addresses, will not make a jot of difference....

Let us be slow to throw out that baby with the bathwater.

Hearts going out to them all. Good luck...

+100!!

daveL

Best of luck to everyone doing it

For anyone who followed up the LC with Engineering, Sciences, Accounting etc its difficulty was grossly overstated.

The biggest challenge in University was figuring out how to provide solutions without transcribing or memorising.

nonpartyboy

With the advent of smartphones there must be massive opportunity for cheating these days, i remember lads going in with formula etched into mathematical instrument sets, written inside pens and all sorts of ingenious methods of cheating.

gerhard dengler

Best of luck to everyone doing it

For anyone who followed up the LC with Engineering, Sciences, Accounting etc its difficulty was grossly overstated.

The biggest challenge in University was figuring out how to provide solutions without transcribing or memorising.
My nephews higher maths LC class this year tried to do the 1980 higher level maths paper.
I'm told that less than 25% of them would have passed the 1980 version.

Future Irish Leader

Best of luck to all those starting the Leaving Cert and Junior Cert. Did my LC last year, will never forget the panic on everyone's face in the exam hall when they looked at the poetry section on English paper 2.

Blossie

My baby is starting the junior cert tomorrow,I cannot believe she is that age already. Best of luck to all.

gatsbygirl20

Best of luck to all those starting the Leaving Cert and Junior Cert. Did my LC last year, will never forget the panic on everyone's face in the exam hall when they looked at the poetry section on English paper 2.
No Sylvia Plath. Teachers and everyone connected with exams must be responsible about "predictions"

You need to have your work done. There are no "bankers".

googolplex

My nephews higher maths LC class this year tried to do the 1980 higher level maths paper.
I'm told that less than 25% of them would have passed the 1980 version.
In that respect we seem to have lost the logical learning style, which is a shame because it can influence our approach to most situations in life.
Best of luck to all by the way.

spidermom

Had junior and leaving cert students last yr!!
My tip...plenty of chocolate ice-cream....worked a treat for me!!
Not sure if it helped the kids though!!!!!

DON'T stress them...its too late for that!!
Many a stressed child six feet under in Bohernabreena cemetary!

Life has a great way of working out...with love and encouragement!!...and chocolate ice-cream!!

:)