13 yo old raped, Garda advised him against prosecution as he had accepted gifts !

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
This is worrying, a minor cannot consent - and gifts do not somehow make it consensual prostitution

Man sentenced to ten years for rape of 13-year-old boy
In around 2010, gardaí again approached the complainant who made a statement withdrawing the complaint. A file was sent to the DPP but because of the victim's withdrawal statement, no prosecution was brought.

Inspector Barry Walsh agreed with Mr Guerin that it was on the advice of a former colleague of his that the complainant decided not to pursue charges.

The court heard the victim felt he might be held responsible because he had accepted gifts from O'Brien during the abuse.
cyp

NativeWildCat

These people are out of control. The overrepresentation of these people in the stats is sickening.

GDPR

Reading between the lines, the victim probably withdrew his complaint because in the meantime a relative had been soaking the offender for cash. He would have been terrified that he would be implicated in a conspiracy to blackmail, even if totally innocent.

This is the sort of mess you get because the Guards did nothing when the very first complaint was made by the victim in this case. And this despite the fact that the perp had already been convicted in 1989 for a separate child abuse offence, so it wasnt like this was some kind of huge shock.

LISTOWEL MAN

Free Tommy Robinson petition just hit 600k signatures

current population United Kingdom is over 66m

600k is 0.9% of 66m

Lagertha

It's sickening. These cases just keep on surfacing, be it in relation to religious institutions or sports there doesn't seem to be any end to it. The thing is there are still people getting access to kids in sports even though they haven't been Garda vetted. These bastards should be locked up for life. In an ideal world a bullet through the head would be more effective and cheaper. I know this case is about an elderly man now but there is no rehabilitating a child molester, they are what they are.

PBP voter

Last edited:

Analyzer

Gardai once again being exposed as amatuers, and clowns.

But don't worry the "law'n'order" party (Tax non dom's mates) are in government.

Cruimh

Niall Meehan - the Tim Pat Coogan of his generation - quelle surprise ...

Like non-Catholic children in Catholic schools today, Thomas sat out prayers; in his school, they occurred at the start of virtually every lesson. There was significantly less child sex abuse committed by Protestant clergy, although there are some cases, and over 200 babies died from abuse and neglect in the Protestant Bethany Home for unmarried mothers – a scandal that survivors struggled for years to have acknowledged.
Where did I find this?

The Irish Times ...

It is shameful to see people playing partisan sectarian games when it comes to child abuse issues - "Don't discuss it - it'll give those Orangies ammunition"

GDPR

"These people"?

You mean rapists?

They do seem to figure a lot - especially in statistics for rape.
Yup. Its just raping. I dont think this guy was protected because he was CoI, I think the Guards took one look at the vulnerable, messed-up young man who made the complaint, and decided he wasnt worth their time.

The CoI needs to ask themselves how the hell he was able to carry on volunteering for youth work when he was a convicted child sex offender.

Its tricky as hell, because perves do attach themselves to their source of supply. They will do that whether they are on a securely monitored register or not, and personally I wouldnt trust the Guards to account for Tesco receipts. At the same time, many people who are actually brilliant with kids/teens, would never hurt them, are put off and frightened by intrusive background checks.

This is how everyone loses out.

LISTOWEL MAN

Tommy Robinson is a thug who thought he could jump on the hate muslims bandwagon

its bad luck to wish someone dead but i wouldn't exactly be sad if he was dead and gone

New Threads

Most Replies