15 year old convicted of kidnapping

'orebel

I know this is being discussed over on the Paul Murphy thread but I think this is a very serious abuse of power and deserves a thread of it's own.

Jobstown trial: Schoolboy released on good behaviour after false imprisonment verdict

Another nail in labours coffin.

Disgusting police work, disgusting prosecution and disgusting verdict.

This 17 year old boy will now have a record for kidnapping.

Well done garda, well done Joany and well done judge John King. Take a bow.

Eoin Coir

So its all labour, DPP, Gardai, Courts are controlled by Labour get off it.

I hope though he does not go to jail- put him cutting grass, removing grafitti etc, might do the little gurrier some good.

sadcitizen

The verdict turned my stomach at the time, and now the media's celebration of the completion of justice is turning my stomach again.

Mentalist Clientelist

Delighted justice was done. The fact that he did not go to jail and no conviction was registered is also a sensible decision.

Anyone with half a brain could see what happened that day was not a peaceful protest. I really don't understand why people keep trying to convince others that it was.

realistic1

So its all labour, DPP, Gardai, Courts are controlled by Labour get off it.

I hope though he does not go to jail- put him cutting grass, removing grafitti etc, might do the little gurrier some good.
You have heard of Political appointments??

gijoe

I know this is not going to be popular on here but I applaud the verdict. The whole meaning of the term 'peaceful' protest was being abused into obsolesence by that lefty mob.

I am sure that the judge in sentencing will make allowance for the fact that the young fella was hardly a ringleader but more of a 'useful idot' for Murphy et al and that something a bit more painful judgement awaits Murphy.

Last edited:

GDPR

The boy will not have a criminal conviction recorded against him.

And that alone shows you that this case was purely meretricious.

The usual charges in similar situations are breach of the peace, common affray and incitement to riot. The first two are summary offences and subject only to a fine.

The last is extremely serious.

Using the criminal version of false imprisonment smacks of desperation.

gijoe

He only got a conditional discharge - no criminal record if he keeps his nose clean for 9 months.

'orebel

I know this is not going to be popular on here but I applaud the verdict (of the jury). The whole meaning of the term 'peaceful' protest was being abused into obsolesence by that lefty mob.

I am sure that the judge in sentencing will make allowance for the fact that the young fella was hardly a ringleader but more of a 'useful idot' for Murphy et al and that something a bit more painful judgement awaits Murphy.
No jury. Children's court.

'orebel

He only got a conditional discharge - no criminal record if he keeps his nose clean for 9 months.
He has been convicted of false imprisonment.

petaljam

The usual charges in similar situations are breach of the peace, common affray and incitement to riot. The first two are summary offences and subject only to a fine.

This. It makes the allegation of a politicized justice look very plausible : if the court genuinely thought he was guilty of such a serious crime, he'd have had the conviction recorded against him. OTOH as a way of intimidating future potential protesters, it's probably very effective.

GDPR

Disgraceful, just a bloody charade. How much police time and resources have been wasted on this political prosecution of a protest? Kidnapping my arse. A clear abuse of powers, there is a very important reason as to why there are separation of powers, a cornerstone of democracy. They wanted to get a prosecution against water protestors, and this is the crap they have come up with. Meanwhile, there are scumbags and chancers getting off on technicalities, getting suspended sentences in our courts every day of the week. The DPP and this case judge are an utter disgrace, civil disobedience turns into kidnapping, beyond belief.

'orebel

Found guilty yes but its being recorded as a conditional discharge - if he keeps out of trouble for 9 months no criminal record.
Indeed. See eagle's post above.

leroy42

This. It makes the allegation of a politicized justice look very plausible : if the court genuinely thought he was guilty of such a serious crime, he'd have had the conviction recorded against him. OTOH as a way of intimidating future potential protesters, it's probably very effective.
How is this true? It is saying that whatever your feelings you need to operate within the law.

Protest all you like, but do so legally. Nothing wrong with that.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Utterly sickening behavior.

Although par for the course with Bruton.

cricket

Sensible verdict and sensible sentence. No conviction if he keeps his nose clean for 9 months. Burton and her colleague refused to supply a victim impact statement and asked that he would not carry a conviction.
Those megaphone warriors and others who encouraged this kid and others are the real criminals here. Hope the youngfella has learned a lesson and has nothing more to do with those who lead him astray.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

How is this true? It is saying that whatever your feelings you need to operate within the law.

Protest all you like, but do so legally. Nothing wrong with that.
Really? I suggest you look up some other protesters in the history of this state who got away with far worse because they have very powerful lobby groups that scare the sh*t out of the spineless retards who keep being returned to power.

Not all protesters are treated equally.

leroy42

Disgraceful, just a bloody charade. How much police time and resources have been wasted on this political prosecution of a protest? Kidnapping my arse. A clear abuse of powers, there is a very important reason as to why there are separation of powers, a cornerstone of democracy. They wanted to get a prosecution against water protestors, and this is the crap they have come up with. Meanwhile, there are scumbags and chancers getting off on technicalities, getting suspended sentences in our courts every day of the week. The DPP and this case judge are an utter disgrace, civil disobedience turns into kidnapping, beyond belief.
So, Labour orchastrated the whole thing just to push through water charges? The got the mob totegher, hired a ring leader to incite hem all, got this poor, uneducated, easily led, vunerable teenager to be the patsy, when its clear that he wasn't even there.

And he is basically getting away with it. No conviction, no fine, no prison. What more do you want. That it wasn't even investigated? The Garda and DPP have a duty to investigate if laws have been broken but you seem tho think that if it water protests then it should be ignored

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies