16 blind cops...

CastleRay

Tragic. Sadly it's very unlikely that there'll be any justice in this case.

Dasayev

The report expresses concern that none of the 16 officers on duty in the area where the assault took place was able to recall any details of the incident.

Someone beaten to death - just your typical unmemorable day in the RUC.

vivabrigada

The RUC could attack Catholics with impunity, I have the scar's to prove it. Had I gone to hospital for medical attention the RUC would have swifty instigated bogus charges to counter any attempt to hold them to account.

DT123

Innocent until proven guilty.

If the ombudsman has proof of what happened, why haven't arrests been made and people charged.

It seems much more likely that the ombudsman has no evidence whatsoever as to what happened, given the lack of arrests.

Irish-Rationalist

The RUC were not disbanded for no good reason. A thoroughly corrupt instrument of sectarian state oppression, who habitually assaulted NI citizens and lied about it. Considering the medical evidence proved beyond doubt that the injuries sustained by Mr Hemsworth were the underlying cause of his death, I sincerely hope his relatives receive justice, and the deplorable RUC thugs responsible are consequently charged and receive the optimal penalty.

vivabrigada

If the ombudsman has proof of what happened, why haven't arrests been made and people charged.

It seems much more likely that the ombudsman has no evidence whatsoever as to what happened, given the lack of arrests.
The RUC covered up or destroyed evidence.

Government destroyed Stalker Sampson files weeks before 'Shoot to Kill' inquest was due to open - Investigations & Analysis - Northern Ireland from The Detail
Who are you trying to kid?
The RUC were a sectarian force, that's why they had to go into the dustbin of history.

DT123

The RUC covered up or destroyed evidence.

Government destroyed Stalker Sampson files weeks before 'Shoot to Kill' inquest was due to open - Investigations & Analysis - Northern Ireland from The Detail
Who are you trying to kid?
The RUC were a sectarian force, that's why they had to go into the dustbin of history.
You seem to have widened the discussion somewhat , but I'm not trying to kid anybody.

The ombudsman appears to be trying to do the kidding, given that he claims to have evidence, yet arrests no one. That does not make sense.

Let's hear this evidence and then you can discuss it.

At the minute no one has the least idea what happened to this man, by who, or why.

vivabrigada

The man was attacked by the RUC then he died.
Depressingly familiar.

Marcella

Given the findings of the ombudsman, I presume Mr. Hemsworth's name will be added to the cain index of troubles killings. History should record this man's murder.

death or glory

these innocent men are having their good name tarnished online warriors.
Phil Flannigan alert.

death or glory

I take you think most of the people who was in the IRA was innocent?
MCfLY,
I'm not stupid like you.
The IRA were terrorist murdering scum.

death or glory

Sorry but according to you if you are not convicted of something them you did not do the crime.
Well I don't think Pat Finucane nor Gerry Adams were ever convicted of IRA membership either.

death or glory

Fullforward

That's right, the ONLY people EVER ill-treated or tortured by the hated RUC were the UDR 4,isn't that right?

New Threads

Most Replies