17 Nov 2010 - The Taoiseach" We are not in any talks in relation to any bailout!"

loaded32

Check out the RTE news website if you dont believe the title, but our great leader has actually come out and made this statement this morning. Is this possibly the most patronising statement that he or FF have made as yet?? or could the Govt advisors be sabotaging him and Lenny's state of mind???? :mad:

He3

Almost beyond parody, but not quite - the time stamp is 11.27am so they could be on a coffee break.

Brian Cowen denies any bailout talks
Updated: 11:27, Wednesday, 17 November 2010
Taoiseach Brian Cowen has again insisted that that there is no question of the Government being involved in discussions on a bailout from the EU or IMF.

Brian Cowen denies any bailout talks

seanmacc

Remember the time a cerain leader said: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

dalywise

As I said in another post, at least Comical Ali shut up and ran when he saw the US Army marching into Baghdad.

leroy42

Have to say that I am totally at a loss as to what the thinking behind the governments continued denial over this is based on. When the reports first came out, sure deny everything. But it is clear now that the IMF/EU etc are coming and still Cowen et al continue to try to tell the people that black is white.

Can someone enlighten me as to the politcial reasons behind, what to me anyway, is a laughable and incredulos line to pursue? Or am I trying to find some sort of strategy where none exists?

dakid

Main Headline on BBC Website. ..

"EU begins Irish Republic bail-out talks"
So who's lying?

loaded32

Have to say that I am totally at a loss as to what the thinking behind the governments continued denial over this is based on. When the reports first came out, sure deny everything. But it is clear now that the IMF/EU etc are coming and still Cowen et al continue to try to tell the people that black is white.

Can someone enlighten me as to the politcial reasons behind, what to me anyway, is a laughable and incredulos line to pursue? Or am I trying to find some sort of strategy where none exists?
I know, thats just it!!??? Doesnt it just beggar belief!!?? Its like being 16 - 0 down in a footie match with 3 minutes to go and the manager telling live reporters on the sideline that we are still going to win the match!!??

It is possible for a Taoiseach and government to go past ZERO credibility to a new low of Negative Credibility!!??

DCon

I think it has a lot to do with keeping the good folk in Donegal onside for now. The FF Motormouth would have a lot tougher time fooling the electorate if the IMF were in situ.

seanmacc

Like Mr. Clinton what they say is all down to perception. He percieved that a BJ and playing with a cigar as not sexual relations. Maybe mr. Cowen and Mr. Lenihan shoulf give everyone a blow by blow account of everything that has and is going on.

vanla sighs

He's a lying c*nt.

EUrJokingMeRight

Cowen thinks the Irish electorate are thick as two short planks.
He is right, in fairness. Gobsh1tes would be a more apt term than electorate.
However, the strategy to continue denying the reality regarding IMF talks is to try and fool the electorate into thinking the next government will be the ones responsible for the IMF coming in.
If Cowen comes out now and admits that FF invited the IMF into Ireland he will have no room to maneuver.
Its a precursor to the shrug of the shoulders and the 'It wasnt us' line from FF.
Typical FF ostrich tactics.
Simple strategy from Simpletons.
Simple really.

Holy Cow

This is quite simply GUBU.

Hewson

Technically, the liar may be right. 'Not in talks regarding a bailout' can only mean that the EU and IMF are doing all the talking and simply telling the cast of the Muppet Show what they've got to do.

Cowen and Lenihan may be just listening. Ergo, no talks.

Rocky

So what are the EU and the IMF going to be talking about with the Irish government, department of Finance etc? The weather?

He's either an idiot, he's lieing or he's in complete and utter denial. To be honest I'd put my money on the last one.

I honestly thought we had moved beyond this argument that we weren't discussing a bailout. Lenihan basically admitted they were in talks this morning.

Anglo Celt

:lol:

DCon

So what are the EU and the IMF going to be talking about with the Irish government, department of Finance etc? The weather?

He's either an idiot, he's lieing or he's in complete and utter denial. To be honest I'd put my money on the last one.

I honestly thought we had moved beyond this argument that we weren't discussing a bailout. Lenihan basically admitted they were in talks this morning.
He said in the Dail this morning that they would be discussing currency issues that are affecting Ireland.

See, the euro is affecting us. Not the other way around as most sane people think.

Anglo Celt

This should be FF theme tune

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vINCq_IAI]YouTube - Circus! Theme Music[/ame]

meriwether

FF are treating this bailout situation like they would finalising the estimates for the Galway County Council budget.

This carry on is not acceptable. They are attempting to postpone the inevitable in the hope that Mary Poppins rescues us, solely for reason that they don't want the EU/IMF to come in on their watch. This is political, this is not putting the country first.

Its absolutely incredible. No on believes it, not the population, the european officials, the IMF, international investors, no-one. I cannot understand who they think they are fooling with this, apart from themselves.

If Seamus Brennan thought it was senior hurling before, it was not. ************************ehawking with the greens about PfG's was Junior B city league Galway hurling.

The EU and IMF - thats senior hurling. And they don't get it. And the country will burn because of it.

Hewson

Are Gormley, Ryan and Sargent sitting within sniffing distance of this rancid cabal of liars and not writing their resignation speeches?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies