2 Boys(13) Arrested over Murder of Ana Kreigel(14)

Apple in Eden

Yes but even if it was not banned, he would of still been charged for the same crime.
Really. So that means that a published work which is not banned may land somebody in court/jail if it contains offensive material which I assume is not of a visual nature?

Apple in Eden

The point I am really getting at here is who decides when something is deemed to be unfit particularly if so called offensive material is part of a greater artistic work. I should add that I am not suggesting that this book would fall into this category.

raetsel

. So much so that it had me wondering whether the accused were "new Irish" or not... but I suppose I'll have to go and find out myself how new they are.
What is this relentless obsession that so many of you people have with finding out if these boys are so called "new Irish"?
Some people seem determined to believe that they are in order to confirm their own biases, as if no ethnically Irish person could ever be capable of such a crime.

cobhguy

The point I am really getting at here is who decides when something is deemed to be unfit particularly if so called offensive material is part of a greater artistic work. I should add that I am not suggesting that this book would fall into this category.
There is the Censorship of Publications Board who decided if something is banned, which means it cant be put on sale here. Its up to a judge, or jury to decide if something is criminal.

Apple in Eden

There is the Censorship of Publications Board who decided if something is banned, which means it cant be put on sale here. Its up to a judge, or jury to decide if something is criminal.
Interesting and could be expanded upon but is off topic so I will wait.

Ruff says Flaherty

The perps have a lifetime sentence whether they spend 30 years in jail or not. The boys who killed James Bulger are an example. They have never gotten over it and it will shadow them whatever new identities they have.

The whole thing is utterly tragic, especially for the victim.
Who do you know that they haven't gotten over it?

raetsel

October?

Was that decided after they were convicted? I read (maybe on here) that is was supposed to be three weeks after their convictions.
The court is awaiting outstanding psychiatric reports for the two boys. It wouldn't be appropriate to proceed with sentencing until the judge has had the opportunity to consider those.

yosef shompeter

What is this relentless obsession that so many of you people have with finding out if these boys are so called "new Irish"?
Some people seem determined to believe that they are in order to confirm their own biases, as if no ethnically Irish person could ever be capable of such a crime.
First the background: Government and media have been plugging this idea of multi-cultural society for way on two decades now. Of course if someone arrives with a highly valued skill they can add some thing to society here. They can stand on their own two feet and even contribute something. But for the vast majority who are washed up here without a brass farthing in their pockets and who need dole, housing, medical, dental, education, language classes... well then Joe soap has to compete with them for the limited budget that social services have at their disposal.
Now take a look at this case: When the two accused were first brought before a judge, the judges first reaction was to try and ban the media! He was told that he couldn't do this. Go and look it up!
Hint: Justice O'Connor was the name of the judge, I seem to recall.
Then this matter of the voodoo mask comes out and the church of satan stuff.
Connect the dots!
I don't know on what planet you have been living on these passed years, but a casual glance at mainstream media will show you that if an offender is an Irish national, he will be named and shamed. His mugshot will be displayed on thepaper. If he is a foreign national, this will phrased so that no one knows where he came from.
The fact that the media and government are so uptight about the identities of these two is an indication that something not normal is up.
Connect the dots for Chr's sake!

Last edited:

yosef shompeter

I recently got to know this fellow ... if I was to describe him in two words, I'd use the term "Stan Laurel"... you know , the little fellow from laurel & Hardy. Long story short, he made mention, unbelievably about the layout inside Portlaoise prison.
"How the f*k? did you know that? ", I asked... "that place is for heavy republicans and hardened criminals".
His reply was that he had got into a fight with a policemen or something and then itno another fight in prison with a prison officer. He's just a littlefellow, lightweight and not the brightest. Well sometimes the Garda Siochana do some silly things. I can't imagine him being a danger to anyone. A gentleman... like Stan Laurel.
This morning he was telling me about Oberstown and according to him, it's an open prison. So the lads can knock off if no one is looking and head into town and have a few jars or whatever. He seemed to say that it had a gate but no fence or walls ...
It's got to the stage that if you told me anything I'd half believe it.
Is this true? I've only ever seen any prison form the outside. Thee official website seems to describe it like a holiday camp.

cobhguy

First the background: Government and media have been plugging this idea of multi-cultural society for way on two decades now. Of course if someone arrives with a highly valued skill they can add some thing to society here. They can stand on their own two feet and even contribute something. But for the vast majority who are washed up here without a brass farthing in their pockets and who need dole, housing, medical, dental, education, language classes... well then Joe soap has to compete with them for the limited budget that social services have at their disposal.
Now take a look at this case: When the two accused were first brought before a judge, the judges first reaction was to try and ban the media! He was told that he couldn't do this. Go and look it up!
Connect the dots!
I don't know on what planet you have been living on these passed years, but a casual glance at mainstream media will show you that if an offender is an Irish national, he will be named and shamed. His mugshot will be displayed on thepaper. If he is a foreign national, this will phrased so that no one knows where he came from.
The fact that the media and government are so uptight about the identities of these two is an indication that something not normal is up.
Did you just make all this up in your head. It is and always has beeen illegal to name minors in criminal cases. Nothing special here.

yosef shompeter

They are back in court today so lets see. I was just putting forward the case for boy B and grounds for appeal. I have no particular views of my own with respect to his detention and questioning. One is left with the thought that maybe he would be out enjoying the school holidays if he had said nothing to the cops.
A difficult one here. Boy B called for Anna and the CCTV's got his picture. But that's all the Garda had on him. On the balance of likelihoods, the Garda search team would have found Ana's body fairly soon. They would have found the semen traces on her clothes and the prints on the blue tape. (I wonder what the reason or symbolism of the blue tape was for). A DNA examination of the class would have pointed at boy A. Enough to nail him? probably. He was stupid enough to hold onto his mask and boots and gloves, kneecaps and such.
It's possible Boy B could have pleaded innocence and ignorance. Just went for a walk with Ana, who he was never friendly with before. Not easy for everyone to swallow but legally sound excuse.

yosef shompeter

Did you just make all this up in your head. It is and always has beeen illegal to name minors in criminal cases. Nothing special here.
See Jamie Bolger case.
Yeah yeah childer act of 2005 or something. The Irish have some strange ways

cobhguy

This morning he was telling me about Oberstown and according to him, it's an open prison. So the lads can knock off if no one is looking and head into town and have a few jars or whatever. He seemed to say that it had a gate but no fence or walls ...
It's got to the stage that if you told me anything I'd half believe it.
Is this true? I've only ever seen any prison form the outside.
A one second search of google pictures, shows it is completly surrounded by walls and fences

raetsel

Well that is just a total and absolute lie. Most immigrants are holding down jobs and paying their own way and contributing their taxes to pay for the state pensions
of the elderly indigenous population.
Ergo, they are immigrants? That is just nuts.
Connect the dots!
:ROFLMAO:
Are you seriously trying to suggest that as proof that they are not Irish? Do you think Irish kids don't have the same access to or interest in the sort of horror fiction which airs this sort of stuff?
Thank God you weren't the detective tasked with solving this murder, if you think that is somehow evidence that they are not Irish. The killers would still running free if you were in charge of the investigation.

The identities have been withheld because they are minors and it is the law. It is the same law for everybody - Irish and non Irish.
And it needs to be the law particularly in this case, in order to protect their families from being vindictively targeted by the sort of irrational gobdaws who have been posting hateful bile about them on social media since this case broke.
Furthermore it seems more probable that at least one of the boys is Irish considering that his grandfather lives here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies