• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

2 hospitalised over contaminated cannabis - time to legalise and regulate

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
As a result of a dodgy batch of cannabis resin one woman is one life support and another is critically ill
Health warning issued over contaminated cannabis - RTÉ News

By any reckoning cannabis is a class-C drug with alcohol for example a class-A drug. I'm amazed at the lack of a national debate on legalisation here, bar Ming I'm unaware of any TD who supports legalisation.

What say you - time to legalise and regulate ?

cYp

pragmaticapproach

As a result of a dodgy batch of cannabis resin one woman is one life support and another is critically ill

By any reckoning cannabis is a class-C drug with alcohol for example a class-A drug. I'm amazed at the lack of a national debate on legalisation here, bar Ming I'm unaware of any TD who supports legalisation.

cYp
Of course it should be decriminalised.

What I dont understand is why there are people still smoking substandard hash when there is an abundance of high quality weed thats readily available.

Congalltee

I hope they fully recover but are then prosecuted for possession, as it will send a stromg message that if you choose to fund organised crime, the penalty will be prosecuted and a fine/community service/(highly unlikely) imprisonment.

pragmaticapproach

I hope they fully recover but are then prosecuted for possession, as it will send a stromg message that if you choose to fund organised crime, the penalty will be prosecuted and a fine/community service/(highly unlikely) imprisonment.
What a moronic reply, when you criminalise a substance, you criminalise the supply, that much should be common sense.

[video=youtube;b6t1EM4Onao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6t1EM4Onao[/video]

stopdoingstuff

The Dude doesn't like that.

Also, you are uptight and I recommend you immediately smoke some weed.

iartaoiseach

if folks were allowed to grow a plant for their own use then organised crime would not be funded at all.

truthforsooth

cYp
The cowardly TDs are afraid to stick their necks out on this. The entire legislation on cannabis is based on the deeply spurious "Report of the Working Party on Drug Abuse, 1971", a mish-mash of unverified moralistic conclusions by an unbalanced (I don't mean mentally!) group of selected opinion on the subject. Of course it's time to debate the matter, and introduce a plebiscite so that our rights are not yet again decided by that small, unqualified, and incapable group of people known as the Oireachtas.

iartaoiseach

The cowardly TDs are afraid to stick their necks out on this. The entire legislation on cannabis is based on the deeply spurious "Report of the Working Party on Drug Abuse, 1971", a mish-mash of unverified moralistic conclusions by an unbalanced (I don't mean mentally!) group of selected opinion on the subject. Of course it's time to debate the matter, and introduce a plebiscite so that our rights are not yet again decided by that small, unqualified, and incapable group of people known as the Oireachtas.
only problem being that a significant portion of the population are as ignorant, clueless, biased and blinded by propaganda as the fools that sit in the dail. the gardai are as bad when it comes to spouting nonsense about drugs.
this comment applies to many of the issues that this country faces. and it is the reason that nothing will change here.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Exactly, it's a shameful waste of taxpayer funded health service giving treatment to these people while people wait on waiting lists. Not only should they be charged, if they have medical cards they should be taken off them.

iartaoiseach

exactly, it's a shameful waste of taxpayer funded health service giving treatment to these people while people wait on waiting lists. Not only should they be charged, if they have medical cards they should be taken off them.
qed.

truthforsooth

Empty vessels and all that. If there were a relaxed, informed debate on the subject we might have a chance of getting past the bible-belt rhetoric to a real consideration of adults making free choices about their own recreation and/or consciousness expansion.

iartaoiseach

Empty vessels and all that. If there were a relaxed, informed debate on the subject we might have a chance of getting past the bible-belt rhetoric to a real consideration of adults making free choices about their own recreation and/or consciousness expansion.
It's just depressing to read this utter crap in this day and age. not surprising though given the pig ignorance and hypocrisy that is rampant in Ireland.

truthforsooth

It's just depressing to read this utter crap in this day and age. not surprising though given the pig ignorance and hypocrisy that is rampant in Ireland.
Curse the darkness, or light a candle. And hope that it isn't blown out by some guffing twit next to you!

benroe

Exactly, it's a shameful waste of taxpayer funded health service giving treatment to these people while people wait on waiting lists. Not only should they be charged, if they have medical cards they should be taken off them.
How long have you been waiting for your brain transplant?

truthforsooth

Time to laugh, hate those who think they are cool by taking drugs.

:cool:
You hate people you don't know, and you think they think they are cool. Any chance that you're verging on the imbecilic?

pragmaticapproach

How about those with alcohol related illnesses and those with heart conditions related to poor diet? they cost the tax payer alot more, and their ailments are entirely self inflicted so lets withdraw services from these people also.

BTW, Whats your drug of choice? lead paint?