• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

20 Women killed for dressing Western Style?

Chi019

Yikes!

Maiduguri - Friday, about a day after 10 men were killed in Maiduguri, at least 20 women, some clad in mini-skirts and others in slacks, were slaughtered in their Maiduguri homes and college dormitories....

The new execution-style violence is different than other recent killings conducted by Boko Haram Muslims in that it targeted women only. Authorities believe the women may have been slaughtered due to dressing in Western style.

The murders were carried out in the early hours of Friday, between 1 and 2am while victims slept. Ironically, a curfew imposed by state government insured the women would be home.

The women were slaughtered near the University of Maiduguri in facilities where students live off-Campus due to overcrowding.
Nigerian Muslim group slaughters 20 young women

fuque

scum.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Sentence for threats to daughter - The Irish Times - Mon, Nov 26, 2012

Edit:

"Garda Mention agreed with Vincent Heneghan BL, defending, that there were “cultural differences” which were key to this case, and confirmed that Didani has no previous convictions."

Maybe this is drawing a long bow, but. Read that quote again. One cannot escape the suspicion that a defence was mounted something a long the lines of "This is a peaceful man (no previous convictions), however, he was driven to these extremes because of the actions of his daughter (cultural differences). Could be worth a thread of its own. Smells like that apalling case of the Wexford Nigerian child who died due to blood loss from circumcision in which the Judge instructed the jury to take into account the "culture" of the adults who mutilated this infant causing his death. Speaking of which, more "culture" across the puddle yesterday: BBC News - Manchester baby circumcision death mum 'not told of danger' Maybe this needs a seperate thread.

Last edited:

drummed

Why were they sleeping in mini skirts? That does'nt add up. Just saying.

Crazy horse 6

Cue every Nigerian in this country telling us this is a daily event in their nation hence the reason why they are here in such vast numbers.

drummed

Cue every Nigerian in this country telling us this is a daily event in their nation hence the reason why they are here in such vast numbers.

You can't have it both ways. No point in posters bemoaning the state of Nigeria while complaining about immigrants.

Black George

Edit:

"Garda Mention agreed with Vincent Heneghan BL, defending, that there were “cultural differences” which were key to this case, and confirmed that Didani has no previous convictions."

Maybe this is drawing a long bow, but. Read that quote again. One cannot escape the suspicion that a defence was mounted something a long the lines of "This is a peaceful man (no previous convictions), however, he was driven to these extremes because of the actions of his daughter (cultural differences). Could be worth a thread of its own. Smells like that apalling case of the Wexford Nigerian child who died due to blood loss from circumcision in which the Judge instructed the jury to take into account the "culture" of the adults who mutilated this infant causing his death. Speaking of which, more "culture" across the puddle yesterday: BBC News - Manchester baby circumcision death mum 'not told of danger' Maybe this needs a seperate thread.
It should be standard practice for anyone coming to live in this country that they should have to agree to accept the customs of the country. If they find those customs unacceptable, let them stay in their own countries.

Happytolearn

Boko Haram roughly translated means 'western knowledge is sinful' - they are the antithesis of progress. Their only guidance is a warped view of islam. I've been following their exploits for a few months. I fear we'll be hearing a lot more from them.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
It should be standard practice for anyone coming to live in this country that they should have to agree to accept the customs of the country. If they find those customs unacceptable, let them stay in their own countries.
I wouldn't go as far as that. For example, the custom of the country is we wake our dead. I don't see a problem with immigrants not doing this or the plethora of other things that make up our custom. Violence through, is a different matter entirely. That maniac assaulted his daughter with a screwdriver and kicked her on the ground (can you imagine it? A father pulling an knife on his daughter). That is where I'll have no truck with defences of "cultural differences". That it be invoked in the dublin case above in defence of the actions of this man shows how far this perverse cult of culturual relativism has gone. It's not just 'wrong'; it's leading to the violent death of real people.

theloner

No they won't. That is just your racism gene kicking in.

carruthers

You can't have it both ways. No point in posters bemoaning the state of Nigeria while complaining about immigrants.
It's up to Nigeria to sort itself out. They are a wealthy country and have the resources to do so they just lack the will. Extremist Islamists have to be tackled I'm afraid as they are becoming an increasing problem in too many places.

statsman

Why were they sleeping in mini skirts? That does'nt add up. Just saying.
It would if it was made up.

But as any kind of depiction of reality, young women sleeping in their daywear doesn't add up at all.

eoghanacht

Edit:

Yeah do you think?

You and the islamophobes can have a circle jerk

statsman

I wouldn't go as far as that. For example, the custom of the country is we wake our dead. I don't see a problem with immigrants not doing this or the plethora of other things that make up our custom. Violence through, is a different matter entirely. That maniac assaulted his daughter with a screwdriver and kicked her on the ground (can you imagine it? A father pulling an knife on his daughter). That is where I'll have no truck with defences of "cultural differences". That it be invoked in the dublin case above in defence of the actions of this man shows how far this perverse cult of culturual relativism has gone. It's not just 'wrong'; it's leading to the violent death of real people.
http://www.ssristories.com/show.php?item=1153

http://www.ssristories.com/show.php?item=1277

Hundred Families

It would never happen in the West. Oh no.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

statsman

Which is why I said this would neve - oh wait. I didn't.
You asked 'can you imagine it? A father pulling an knife on his daughter'; I'm pointing out that we don;t have to imagine it. It happens everywhere.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
You asked 'can you imagine it? A father pulling an knife on his daughter'; I'm pointing out that we don;t have to imagine it. It happens everywhere.
You know that isn't the signal point. The signal point is defence citing "cultural differences" as a mitigating factor in apalling violence. But you knew that already.